PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to meet Garth too!

DrCrobe
09-26-2003, 03:57 PM
I would die a happy man to meet Garth Brooks.. always have since I was thirteen, I remember when I first heard The River... It was the very first song I ever heard from Garth Brooks, and it's what got me hooked..

I don't even know how I would go about trying to meet him, but I don't have the money to fly... as much as I would love to find a way to meet him, meeting a superstar is just about impossible..

I think I could learn alot from him... even if it was just for an hour of sitting down and talking...

it's my life long wish to meet Garth, he will always be the greatest Country Music superstar in my eye's, even though he's retired..

anyone got suggestions on how I could meet him?

Chris Vallette
Ogden, Utah

Garth_FANtasizer
09-26-2003, 04:19 PM
Well, if flying isn't an option, then the best way would be a roadtrip to Oklahoma.

~Ann~

Chris Gaines
09-26-2003, 04:30 PM
From Utah.. it's be cheapoer to fly then it would to drive.

Airfare ius getting really really cheap now. :)

Garthmedic
09-26-2003, 10:58 PM
Hi Chris,

First off: Welcome to PlanetGarth. Great to have you here.

Good luck in your endeavor to meet GB. I haven't met him myself, but I am quite jealous when I read of other PG'ers meetings with the guy.

--spud--:)

DrCrobe
09-27-2003, 02:20 AM
Well thnx, I have been here quite awhile, though I stopped stopping by because I didn't have a net connection..

after getting updates for windows and all my little programs I use on a daily basis, I came here, and posted that this morning.. thought it was cool a little girl got to meet him, I just wanna know how the hell she got about doing that.. if I could get something through to CMT or something, I would do it in a heart beat...

I do however know a GB look-alike like 8-10 years ago.. he was supposedly supposed to do a movie with Garth Brooks..

I would like to know if Garth had any thoughts on that..

the guys name that is the look alike is Lamont Martinez also of utah to my knowledge...

anyhow, thnx for the reply's hopefully I can come here more often that I used to...

chris

berriffic
09-30-2003, 01:50 AM
Chris
All I can tell you is what the gals at the GB convention last year told me....Be patient, determined, and when the time is right it will happen. I am still waiting for my chance but after seeing andf hearing all the stories from those who have had a chance to meet him...I BELIEVE it will happen!

<3 ber

Zepher
10-01-2003, 08:19 AM
Hello all!!!! I'm a newbie but not for long!!! My best friend got me listening to Garth...We would go to bars and everytime he would sing, you guessed it "Friends in low Places" And then I pulled out my dads old tapes and now I'm as big a fan as anyone else...I want to meet Mr. Brooks. I think that'll be pretty cool.