PDA

View Full Version : Reflections about the Central Park show

Darrell
09-25-2003, 01:02 PM
With all this talk about how big the Dave Matthews Band show was in central park, didn't you just want to scream at the TV ... "100,000 is nice but Garth drew almost a 1,000,000" lol

Chris Gaines
09-25-2003, 01:28 PM
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turch
09-25-2003, 03:38 PM
LOL

Aint that the truth!!!

Gwen

ProducerJ
09-25-2003, 05:11 PM
I was JUST reading about the show on AOL. AOL has been promoting the crap out of this show... it's been on the front page daily for a week now. I don't know a lot about the rock world, but I know the name Dave Matthews, I thought he was supposed to be hot stuff? 100,000 was pretty lame!

Ok NY gals - give us the scoop. Was there an escaped convict running around Central Park last night or something, scaring everyone away?
J.

allisonv7
09-25-2003, 05:28 PM
Dave is HUGE in the college/high school crowd. I have friends that travel all over the midwest to see his shows. I've seen him a bunch of times and he is really good, but he is very accessible, everyone knows he'll be back next summer and you'll pretty much be able to go to a dave concert whenever you wish. Plus I think it hurt that it was in the middle of the week, if it would've been a Saturday or Friday I know many people wouldn't have hesitated to travel for it.

allison.

Lowell Miller
09-25-2003, 06:15 PM
Amen brotha!

musicfan43
09-25-2003, 06:41 PM
Dave is HUGE in the college/high school crowd.

allison.

HUGE HUGE HUGE...did I mention huge? He is like the biggest thing at my college...actually he is playing on my computer right now :) But you're right about him being accessible...everyone has seen him and knows they will have the chance to see him again. Their albums are good but Dave is very very good live...

GBronx
09-25-2003, 10:30 PM
Well, I listen to WPLJ in NY in the mornings (SINCE NO COUNTRY) while I get ready for work. I think it's alternative rock. They play DM. He's been to see them in the studio and has helped them with some fund raising.

They talked a lot about the CP Concert. But my coworker said that she heard that there were a lot of ticket holders that never got into the park!!

But they supposedly raised a lot of money for the Board of Education in the city.

Sorry that's all I know.... If I hear more I'll let youse know!!!

Grandma Jo@nn