PDA

View Full Version : Old Garth TV appearances

shin_hibiki
09-06-2003, 11:43 AM
I'm really, really sorry for posting this here, but I've been patiently waiting for 2 months for the Tradin' Post to get fixed, and I don't think it's ever gonna happen. :( I'm looking for three of Garth's older TV appearances--if you've got some older stuff on tape, please e-mail me and we can talk details. That's it... thanks.

- Shin Hibiki

Dan pennington
08-14-2009, 01:46 AM
I have tons of video where Garth was in Dallas etc. VHS. Dan

**Phone number deleted by moderator**

Skywise
08-14-2009, 12:40 PM
dude, do you really want to put your phone # out there?

Dan pennington
08-14-2009, 01:27 PM
didn't realize it was out there public

Skywise
08-14-2009, 01:36 PM
yeah... it's out there right now until a mod will delete it...

Rwelli
08-21-2009, 02:30 PM
I know I have this in my collection that is currently packed away but cant remember the details.
Was wondering if anyone remembers this old interview..The woman was interviewing Garth and they were both in a bed ( totally innocent and kinda silly ) at one point she had said something that insulted him and he wanted to hit her with a pillow he was holding.
Anyone remember what she had said to insult him and who this woman was?

Leneso
08-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Sounds like the show Big Breakfast with Paula Yates. I've only seen a clip of it but would have liked to see the whole thing.

gbfevernorway
08-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Yes, that should be the one. I dont remember the exact words, but I think she said something to describe country songs and ended it with that they include a lot of complaining. "You are always weeping over the dead dog or something."

Garth just laughed politely and said that he just thought she had not listened all that much to country music. It seem to be a problem in Norway that most journalist don't have a clue about the music and have certain stereotypes they associate with country music.

Actually, Alan Jackson was in Norway (and Sweden) last week. He played a show for 8 500 people in southern Norway and a show for some 20 000 in my home town (population 250 000). Thankfully, he did not give an interview in either city. The interviewer would for sure have dressed up in a cowboy hat and made a fool of himself...

For those interested, here are some links about AJ:
http://www.bt.no/kultur/musikk/anmeldelser/Full-galopp-paa-Travparken–908474.html
http://blog.cmt.com/2009-08-20/country-fans-in-norway-get-soaked-for-alan-jackson/

I guess Garth would easily have sold 75 000-100 000 tickets here if he would ever take the trip over to Norway again. I guess we will just have to keep travelig to the US to see him. I won't settle for Toby Keith, although he will be doing two shows in Norway in November.

Sounds like the show Big Breakfast with Paula Yates. I've only seen a clip of it but would have liked to see the whole thing.

gbfevernorway
08-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Here's a quote from Wikipedia about the incident in 1994...

The nationwide Big Breakfast show's presenters Chris Evans and Paula Yates, commented that "He's selling more records than anyone in the world, but none of us have ever heard of him." Yates then told Brooks that, "Country singers always seem to be weeping over the dead dog and things," and also remarked, "I thought you'd come in here and twiddle your pistol around and be impressed." Although Brooks remained polite, he did observe that Yates was obviously unfamiliar with modern country music. Scores of Brooks fans later wrote to complain about his treatment on the show. Sometime after this, Dwight Yoakam appeared on the same show and after Yates told him, "You seem different from other Country singers we've had on the show," Yoakam replied, "What? All two of us?"

gbfevernorway
08-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Sorry if I'm spamming, but this article pretty much said it all:

http://www.planetgarth.com/news/article.php?cid=00078

Skywise
08-21-2009, 06:57 PM
I remember that... he def. wasn't happy

Maggie526
08-21-2009, 08:32 PM
I remember seeing a clip of this.. he should have hit her with the pillow :)

skolapper
09-06-2009, 12:01 PM
I know this thread has probably popped up somewhere, but wondering if there are any old NOS players still around on divinity...

Dauro from NOS here, some of you prob. know me from there.

I play Osiris and Memphis on div.

Anyone still around?

sjruland
10-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Not sure if this is the proper place to post this - But since I am new and can not post any new threads I thought I would ask (hoping it's ok)......

I am looking for an old recording of a show that had both Trisha and Garth. I believe it was Letterman but I could be wrong. I believe it would have been mid to late 90's. Garth and Trisha sang 2 of Trisha's songs together that night while sitting on the couch during the interview. "That Ain't The Way I Heard It" and "She's Got A Heart Like A Sad Song".......

It was posted on here a number of years ago and I just wished I could have saved it... It's my favorite interview of them 2 before they were an item.....

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it - I've been looking for it everywhere for such a long time! :)

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you!