PDA

View Full Version : When did Garth come out with his first album?

Garth&TrishaFan
09-06-2003, 12:01 AM
I know he got signed in 1988(I watch the Garth Brooks inside fame tonight) but I wanna know when he came out with his album?.

Monica Lockhart
09-06-2003, 12:08 AM
April 12th 1989 was the release date of Garth's first album

:)

Moni

Cheryl
09-06-2003, 06:15 PM
:) April 12, 1989 was also the day we brought our youngest daughter home from the hospital (she was born on the 9th)....anyway, I always tell her that she and Garth were "released" at the same time and that they "grew up" together. lol

DixieChick4GB
09-06-2003, 07:47 PM
Cheryl,
That is so cute. The Naval Hospital where I was born is now a women's prison. My dad always told me I'd end up where I started if I didn't straighten up. I like your child's birth story much better. :) :)
Elaine

ProducerJ
09-06-2003, 10:14 PM
Awwww what a neat story Cheryl! I assume your daughter and Garth didn't retire wealthy together though. :( LOL

Elaine, remember - Father knows best!
:p
J.

gbkubfan
09-08-2003, 09:42 AM
Hey...

I floated this idea a few years back and don't know if anyone participated. I made the suggestion that everyone buy a Garth CD for his birthday and send the receipt to Garth to show our support. Well after watching the CMT Inside Fame and listening to the first CD after a long abscence, I was thinking maybe we should try it again. Maybe not for his birthday but maybe the anniversary of the 1st CD. Everyone can go out and buy a copy of the 1st CD Garth Brooks on its 15th anniversary. Maybe the week before the April date, we all go out and get a copy, send the receipt to Garth and maybe if enough people participate, we can get the CD on the Billboard catalog chart for that week. Just thought I'd throw this out.

Wendi5000
09-08-2003, 10:37 AM
It's a good idea, but I already have more copies than I need *lol*. And I don't really have the money to invest in any more extras. Maybe I'll line up my collection and take a picture of it and send to him on the anniversary. That would show our support too, wouldn't it? Just a thought :).

gbkubfan
09-08-2003, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=Wendi5000]It's a good idea, but I already have more copies than I need *lol*. And I don't really have the money to invest in any more extras.

:-) I can relate to the extra copies...LOL...I was thinking maybe give one to a friend, neighbor or someone who wasn't around during the golden years. This way maybe we can hook a new fan, show Capital Garth is still a viable artist and help his cd chart again. Maybe put a quarter a week away until next April. That should be enough for a cd and cd prices will be dropping after October. Just a suggestion.:-)

kristen166
09-08-2003, 10:57 AM
Yeh I agree with Wendi, I have multiple copies of most his stuff so I can't see myself buying anything I already got atleast twice. I am sure he knows he has supportive fans, afterall he was able to retire at 40, in fact I think he was more like 38 or 39 when he actually announced it. Most people got to wait till their atlest 60 with 65 being the norm. Even still some have to work till their death to get by.:) So I would hope he knows how much cd's and concert tickets his fans bought by now.:)

Kristen

Wendi5000
09-08-2003, 01:25 PM
I give Garth CDs to friends that I think would appreciate them for birthdays, etc. but I have more pressing needs that putting a quarter aside a week for six months to buy a CD I already have. Namely, I already do that in order to give money to a "Sponsor a Child" program :). Garth is still a viable artist, I still hear his songs on the radio, and his CDs are still in prominent locations in the stores. I am pretty sure Capital knows what a gold-mine he is ;). Garth, on the other hand, might appreciate knowing that his fans still care - which I can show him with my Garth-collections :D. But for those who do purchase a new CD between now and then, it would be a cool idea to send him the receipts :).

Garth&TrishaFan
09-14-2003, 12:15 AM
Thanks everyone :D

Oops I kinda forgot about this post, but the reason why I made it was because in like 89/90 I remember listening to Garth Brooks songs so I was a Garth fan when I was 4 :D