PDA

View Full Version : Garth in an Accident???

garthgirl50
09-02-2003, 07:08 AM
Over on the CMT message board someone posted that a man in his 40s coming back from a soccer game in Oklahoma was killed when his Lincoln Navigator rolled over. A female passenger was injured and there were three kids in the car at the time. Has anyone heard anything about this? Hopefully it was a sick joke cause Im sure had it been Garth it would have been everywhere by now!! Anyone know anything about this??

Chris Gaines
09-02-2003, 07:21 AM
it's a sick joke.. don't believe idiots on the CMT boards.. it would been headline news story if it was true.

Garth don't have a Navigator anymore, he drives a Jeep or a Lexus 4x4 or his Chevy Dually, or some other car/truck that his friends own.. LOL!

Wendi5000
09-02-2003, 07:49 PM
Sometimes people post things that they don't have all the info on, and it gets spread around the net before all the info is there. It looks like that is what happened here.

Teaser210
09-03-2003, 01:24 AM
Gosh, I hope it's just a sick joke and I pray that tragedy didn't befall any family in Ok. I agree if it had been Garth, we'd all have heard by now.

Hawk7lte
09-03-2003, 10:09 PM
There are sick people in the world - we all know that. And I could not agree with everyone any more than I do - this CMT post quote is an example of it!

I remember someone posting something like that way back - a "troll" - just to play on people's feelings. Get them upset.

Or hopefully that is all the motivation for that kind of a post.

There was a family that died in a flood in Kansas on Saturday. The family was from Liberty, Missouri. Four young children, and the mother - all greatly loved by many. The father was the only one that though thrown into the flood waters - was then thrown up onto the bank. And so he survived. What a tragic loss for all. How does someone live through that experience? How difficult it must be for that family. They had and have very strong faith though.

So just perhaps - this person just didn't quite have their facts straight.

Hawk

GBsMydance
09-03-2003, 11:04 PM
I agree with you Hawk, when I first read this thread, I thought maybe they are talking about that family in Kansas. Such a sad story.

I saw the lone survivor, the Dad, on the news on Tuesday, and the part that struck me the most was this:

"Remember to kiss your family and tell them that you love them frequently, because you never know if it will be the last time or not"

Garth is a great Dad, and a very caring person, I am sure when he saw the news about this family, it hit home with him as well.
My heart goes out to them all. I am sure that Garth hugged his children just a bit tighter, as we all have.

Pam
"I'll leave my light on for you, if you will leave your light on for me"

Tipper
09-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Garth doesn't drive a Lincoln Navigator, so no worries!!

CountryBee
09-04-2003, 01:31 AM
I have been to that CMT message board and have decided to never go there again. I posted (and I BELIEVE) that it is nothing more than a "Garth Bashing" message board. The people who post there should go find a different web site to post at, an "I hate Garth Brooks" site. They should leave the CMT Garth message board for Garth's fans.
Bee

fuzzwuzz
09-04-2003, 02:41 AM
I don't know. I'm learning to just take the bad with the good. I myself can barely keep my own head above water these days. I guess, instead of getting all worked up, I just shrug it off as no sweat off me.

Hawk, I just read tonight at Charisma online news about that family's faith. The father had the whole family praying and singing hymns to Jesus while the water was rising in the cab of their vehicle. He broke out to rescue them but his attempts failed. He is still praising God that good will come out of this tragedy. I'll tell you what. It's believers like that in the world that makes you realize you don't know what it is to live by faith when everything you love is taken away and that's all you have left. It's much more than we think!

Hawk7lte
09-05-2003, 01:58 PM
Fuzz said -

"I'll tell you what. It's believers like that in the world that makes you realize you don't know what it is to live by faith when everything you love is taken away and that's all you have left. It's much more than we think!"

Yes Fuzz. I can sure relate to that too! Been there, lived through that, still do in ways.

Pam -

You are so right too.

And just a general aside;

It's such a tragedy when those who love so much lose it all. While those who hate continue to spread misinformation that upsets others (and ruin lives in other ways when successful).

Me - I'm hoping that post that upset everyone was just an error.

And the reality of the family; such a misfortune. Such a good, caring family. So tragic.

Hawk