PDA

View Full Version : Garth and Trisha in tabloids again

ObsessedwithGarth
09-02-2003, 12:03 AM
I was at Wally-world this weekend......the Star caught my eye as soon as I walked in.:)

It has Trisha on the cover with a small inset of Garth.Headline reads "Baby for 200lb Trisha and Garth couldn't be more pleased" (or something about Garth being happy).The article, and no I didn't buy it just read it walking through the store,simply repeats the November wedding plans.Adding that instead of Trisha losing the 60 lbs that she wanted to loose before they get married, that she is gaining.Of course, due to the pregnancy.Says that Garth is thrilled,which unless he has changed more than I thought he has, it's totally crazy.It states that as long as the baby is a boy, he will be happy.Adding that he has always wanted a boy.Of course,Garth has always said that he would have a house full of kids as long as they were GIRLS, he didn't want a son.

Naturally inside with the article is a picture of Garth and Sandy, and one of Him and Trisha.

Chris Gaines
09-02-2003, 12:28 AM
Yep..

He don't wanna son because of family tradition...
he would have to name him Troyal.

ObsessedwithGarth
09-02-2003, 01:09 PM
LOL!!!!

He also said that he knew that God had a wicked sense of humor and that he would give him a son just like him.And that he didn't want,his house wouldn't be big enough for the two of them.

Carol Ann
09-02-2003, 01:16 PM
I get so sick and tired of these types of publications going on and on about Trisha and her weight. They seem to forget she's 5'9" tall for one thing but I guess if you don't weigh 90 lbs then you're obese. These people obviously haven't seen any recent photos of her.

Carol Ann

Wendi5000
09-02-2003, 01:44 PM
Well she is looking a little chunky for someone her height in recent photos. But, that certainly doesn't mean she's pregnant! And anyway, who cares what she weighs, I thought it was the fact that she sings well that counts :).

Garth_FANtasizer
09-02-2003, 01:46 PM
I can ignore the trashy lies and gossip these magazines print for shock value and to make a quick buck, but the weight remarks are only meant to be a personal insult. An attack of the meanest! It has no bearing on their fabricated story in the least. It's only purpose is to inflict pain.

What kind of a sorry excuse for a human being would stoop so low?

p'too! I spit on this idiots words! I hope Garth runs into him someday and punches his lights out!

~Ann~

beckysue59
09-02-2003, 01:48 PM
I think these tabloid people are nothing but bottom-feeders. I wish they all had to print pictures of themselves in those rags. I'd love to see how many of them are thin and beautiful!!

Chris Gaines
09-02-2003, 01:54 PM
Well she is looking a little chunky for someone her height in recent photos. But, that certainly doesn't mean she's pregnant! And anyway, who cares what she weighs, I thought it was the fact that she sings well that counts :).
chunky?

what 'recent' picks you looking at.. one's I see she's really lost some weight... she's been doing water arobics in Oklahoma.. lol

Wendi5000
09-02-2003, 02:28 PM
Well since I haven't driven up to Oklahoma and followed them around, (not saying you do, but...) I have to rely on published photos... and the most recent of those are from when her and Garth were actually *doing* something ;).

Carol Ann
09-02-2003, 03:14 PM
I saw Trisha in concert for the first time last September and the one thing that really struck me was that most of the photos you see of her do not do her justice. I am not talking about professional photos taken for album covers but pictures taken by the media that are not posed for. She really is stunning when you see her in person and she certainly does not look the same way that some of those photos portray her. Also, I was told by somebody who actually did see her up close and personal that she has very beautiful curves and that most men find that very attractive. Also, the recent photos taken of her in OK do seem to indicate that she has lost weight and that, combined with her obvious extreme happiness, has made her even more beautiful, in my opinion. Ann, I agree with your comments, her weight has absolutely nothing do with either her talent or the articles these mags print and the only thing they are doing is trying to inflict pain. Like you, I spit on them also.

Carol Ann

Snow
09-02-2003, 05:24 PM
I also don't think that Trisha is or has been really overweight. Photos and video really do make a person look heavier than they really are. So she doesn't have an eating disorder or force herself to look like a stick. She's healthy.

Now... that said... in the past she hasn't had the best choice in stage clothes and some of the outfits I've seen her in just could have been in the "what not to wear" catagory... but that is probably more the fault of whoever (if anyone) styles her.

Now last year... or was it earlier than that?.... when she wore the black outfit and sang with Garth... THAT was much better looking on her than anything I've seen her in lately. But truely there were times in the past that I just cringed at her stage clothes choices. She can look a lot better than she does at times.

I just hope that the same person that advises her on clothes isn't the same person that has talked Garth into wearing all these suits.... cause if it is... I'm afraid we're in for a yucky time. Hey a suit on a rare occasion is alright... and as far as suits go... it was okay.... but honestly...... it's NOT his best look.

Now, that aside... their clothing takes nothing away from their talent.... but when you're out there presenting your talent on stage, you do have to be aware of what you're wearing and make sure it doesn't detract from your stage presence.

I never want her to try and look like Shania or anything as far as clothes...... but she could find better outfits. She's too pretty a lady to wear dumpy clothes.

TrishaNGarthFan
09-03-2003, 07:48 AM
Carol Ann,

Once again, I couldn't agree more! I have to say the last time I talked to Trisha was the Summer of 2000, I took my cousin who is a music teacher, with me to the meet and greet. I was stunned to see how thin Trisha was at that point, and so was my cousin. She didn't have all her makeup on, she had on a pair of black capri pants, a white T-shirt and sandals and she was very thin......BUT, she was STUNNING, and yes, very curvy. Then when we saw her up on stage she looked "different." I think maybe it was the clothes she was wearing, but she still looked slim. The pics in the media don't do her justice, I agree. And I wonder if it goes against their grain to see a Superstar like Garth with a woman who isn't 5' 4" and 98 lbs. and 15 years younger than him? I don't know, but I think those in the media have sick minds anyway.

Sue

I saw Trisha in concert for the first time last September and the one thing that really struck me was that most of the photos you see of her do not do her justice. I am not talking about professional photos taken for album covers but pictures taken by the media that are not posed for. She really is stunning when you see her in person and she certainly does not look the same way that some of those photos portray her. Also, I was told by somebody who actually did see her up close and personal that she has very beautiful curves and that most men find that very attractive. Also, the recent photos taken of her in OK do seem to indicate that she has lost weight and that, combined with her obvious extreme happiness, has made her even more beautiful, in my opinion. Ann, I agree with your comments, her weight has absolutely nothing do with either her talent or the articles these mags print and the only thing they are doing is trying to inflict pain. Like you, I spit on them also.

Carol Ann

TammyLS
09-03-2003, 11:05 AM
I hate taboids! I could never be a reporter, especially that kind! They have always been so abusive to Trisha, from very early on! I only hope she is untouched by their meanness, and pettiness. I know she has said many times that those that know her know the truth, but still-hurtful/mean words-HURT! I sure hope Garth is there for her,and her him, so they can ignore those remarks together, and he can fill her heard and soul with love and the knowledge that she Is indeed beautiful-Inside and OUT!
That said, I think(Know) that Trisha IS BEAUTIFUL! Truly one of the most beautiful women I've ever met. I've met Trisha and spent time with her on several occasions, and each time I've found her to be Stunning! She ISN"T Overweight-in ANY FORM, and she carries herself with such confidence and assurance. My husband thinks she is Sexy beyond all....and I Agree! I know every time I've seen her I've remarked on her beauty,(everyone needs to hear that) and I always get this great Trisha smile and a Trisha Hug! All I know is that Trisha IS Beautiful, her INNER BEAUTY SHINES and that combined with her OUTER BEAUTY makes her even more GORGEOUS and I didn't think she could BE Any more beautiful! All I know is I can't WAIT to see her in concert again and HOPEFULLY get a Meet and greet!

Teaser210
09-03-2003, 04:51 PM
I caught up with that issue of the Examiner today in my grocery store... it must be old age setting in, but tsk, tsk, dyslexic me, somehow put it backwards back into the rack. Looked much better that way so I didn't fix it. :angel:

BLL
09-03-2003, 09:07 PM
Okay, I'm 5'6" and weigh a touch over 180; I admit I'm about 35 pounds too heavy, but I've gone down 60 and I'm good with that. There's not a chance in Hades Trisha is 200 # from the pix I've seen of her recently. These people who are making money from her and Garth need to excise the collective cranium from the colon...:rolleyes:

Paula
09-03-2003, 09:18 PM
These people who are making money from her and Garth need to excise the collective cranium from the colon...:rolleyes:I love it!

Paula

beckysue59
09-03-2003, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE=BLL] There's not a chance in Hades Trisha is 200 # from the pix I've seen of her recently.

I agree. There's no way she weighs that much.

CountryBee
09-04-2003, 12:24 AM
When I saw Garth's final concert at the Forum in 2001 and Trisha appeared with him, well, I almost didn't recognize her! On TV and in her videos she looks much heavier than she really is. I was surprized that she was so much slimmer in person. And, in her high heeled shoes (or boots) she was nearly as tall as Garth! I agree that some of her outfits are not the greatest, but when she has really dressed up for the award shows, her evening gowns were spectacular. She had a designer making the gowns just for the award shows.
Bee

fuzzwuzz
09-04-2003, 01:44 AM
As I was leaving Wal-Mart tonight the door greeter pointed out the cover to this tonight, knowing my fondness for Garth. I told her it was a bunch of crock. And that, besides that, Trisha was a very beautiful woman if they would really look! :)