PDA

View Full Version : Radio Garth !!!!

charter9
08-30-2003, 03:10 PM
Check out what they're doing with one of my local country stations. WPKR used to be a small, fairly typical, country radio station except for the fact that they actually played more than just the current "Top 30" songs. So, as much as I like Garth, I'm not sure I'm too thrilled about this. ???

http://www.wpkr.com/

Paula
08-30-2003, 03:46 PM
So what are they planning to do? There isn't anything to the website except to say "The Valley's Best Garth...Be sure to check back soon for the new Garth 99.5 website."

By the way, our country station here in Boston is also 99.5.

Paula

ProducerJ
08-30-2003, 09:02 PM
all garth all the time?

fuzzwuzz
08-30-2003, 10:16 PM
Is there really such a thing? :)

Chris Gaines
08-31-2003, 09:20 PM
yep there is.... just for a little while... many 'new' stations have done this ... when either just starting to turn country or need massive listners.. to up the value of their advertising... once the listening appeal is where they want it... they will turn it back to an all country station.

Garthfan92
09-01-2003, 10:56 PM
That would be cool. It would be even better if I could give them a list of a handful of other artists they could mix in now and then too. Then it would be perfect!

Lisa

charter9
09-02-2003, 11:31 PM
Ah well, it's back to "business as usual" at that station today. lol... I still have no idea what the point was, since I can only get the station to come in on my truck radio. ??? It was fun while it lasted!

Chris Gaines
09-03-2003, 10:03 AM
yep there is.... just for a little while... many 'new' stations have done this ... when either just starting to turn country or need massive listners.. to up the value of their advertising... once the listening appeal is where they want it... they will turn it back to an all country station.
this was the point.. lol

ProducerJ
10-06-2003, 12:58 PM
Hey Charter9! I got a couple of emails on this.... apparently the stunt lasted over Labor Day weekend, and was done to introduce their new drive time DJ named Tim.

KIDDING! His name is Garth. :) Cute, eh?
J.