PDA

View Full Version : Is this Garth's official Message board?

Garth&TrishaFan
08-28-2003, 10:25 PM
Because in garthbrooks.com it comes straight to this site??? so I'm just wondering is this his officail site?

Paula
08-28-2003, 10:33 PM
Garth doesn't have an "official" site, but this is as close to being official as it comes, especially since Capitol has linked to this site as the "official site".

There's lots of information, news, photographs, etc., on the site so check it all out.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask...someone is bound to have an answer...or an opinion.;)

Paula

Snow
08-28-2003, 10:37 PM
Yep it's not "officially official", but it's as close as it gets........

If you go to www.garthbrooks.com (which is maintained by Garth's record company) it has a link to the "Official Website"...... and if you click on it...... PlanetGarth.com is where it takes you to. :D

Chris Gaines
08-28-2003, 10:38 PM
Capitol has it listed as Official.. cause it's been around the longest and cause it was the "closest " to becoming official... back in 1999.. but Garth changed his mind, and no one really knows why...

But, I'm sure everyone here is with me on this.. Brandon does deserve it... but Garth would rather just let someone else have the headache and not him... I guess :(

Chris Gaines
08-28-2003, 10:40 PM
Yep it's not "officially official", but it's as close as it gets........

If you go to www.garthbrooks.com (which is maintained by Garth's record company) it has a link to the "Official Website"...... and if you click on it...... PlanetGarth.com is where it takes you to. :D
it's "maintained by GB Management, not the label.. they just direct linked to Garth's capitol page :)

(not to be picky..... ) LOL!

Snow
08-28-2003, 10:55 PM
That's what I meant Jason...... Capitol maintains the content and updates. GBM owns it but doesn't deal with what is on it. I don't think they'd comment on a website as being "official" only on the basis you listed. There's more to it than that.

I think Garth likes the freedom of not having an official, "official site"....... it allows us more freedom as well.

Chris Gaines
08-28-2003, 11:31 PM
it's nto a THEY it's a HIM... even some other artists was trying to talk him into having one.. but the more they talked the worse he thought it was a bad idea... but oh well.. with him gone in a hole now.. guess it's for the best :)