PDA

View Full Version : just got back from oklahoma!!!

ADcrzy4GB
08-24-2003, 03:26 AM
i went to oklahoma for 2 days with my sister for the american idols 2 concert. we met all of the idols by the way. anyway the concert was in oklahoma city. we decided to go to yukon before being that its garth's home town and all. i took a lot of pics and i will post some. i saw the water tower that says "home of garth brooks", the garth brooks blvd. the sign that welcomes you to yukon also says "home of garth brooks" his high school, the house he grew up in etc. i also laid some flowers at his mother's grave. it was absolutely beautiful.

on the way back home we decided to go through keetonville and see if we could find his house. we weren't having any luck. the first couple of houses i thought might have been his...were not. they were fancy houses right off highway 20 and the gates were open so i went up and knocked on the door. the people laughed...said that sorta stuff happened all the time. but they didnt know where his house was when i asked.

we went on down to claremore to the taco bell of course to eat. asked around there. no one seem to know. they just knew some of the places he hung out at. we searched for 2 hours. i finally found a house that i thought might be his. off highway 20 was what they call keetonville hill, but its not an actual road. but i turned off of a street on the hill called keetonville road went down a dead end gravel road and met a huge black fancy gate. the road was paved from that point and led to a really nice house up on a hill behind some trees with a fancy barn. there was a camera and a button to call up there i guess. i hit it a few times but no one answered me. i dont even know if it was the right house.

so after that we had to get back home cuz we still had a good 4 hour drive. i dont know maybe next time right??? does any one actually know how to get to his house exactly or what it even looks like????

ill post a link for my pics...........

*Amanda Brooke*

ADcrzy4GB
08-24-2003, 04:07 AM
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/adcrzy4gb7/lst?.dir=/garth+brooks&.view=t

here's the link for a few of my pictures:) disregard how bad i look in front of the yukon sign i had been driving all day:(!!!!!!!

ProducerJ
08-24-2003, 09:14 AM
What a fun trip! I think you must have been close, I've heard Keetonville Hill mentioned before, not sure if that was his road or not.

The photos I've seen of Garth's gates they are just plain, silver gates like you'd see at the entrance to a farm, and there's a winding drive (seems like it's not paved) that leads back to his house. His house is not visible from the road.

I'm sure someone here has a picture they can post, maybe you'll see it and go - hey! I was THERE!

:) Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.
J.

PJ
08-24-2003, 09:57 AM
You actually went through gates and knocked on doors? You're braver than I am!

ADcrzy4GB
08-24-2003, 10:26 PM
You actually went through gates and knocked on doors? You're braver than I am!

i had to get the nerve up to do it, but i thought hey i drove this far...why not???

J.
u've been to his house in oklahoma???!!!

*Amanda Brooke*

ps. if someone has been there and has a picture that would be great:D!

allisonv7
08-25-2003, 12:30 AM
I will have a Garth Brooks BLVD. sign one of these days.....

allison.

phillyfan77
08-25-2003, 07:37 AM
Amanda,

You can check out everyone's meeting's with Garth in Oklahoma in the "Garth Moments" forum...

Jim :)

GottaB-GB
08-25-2003, 01:01 PM
hmmm well it doesn't sound like you were at Garth's house but if you were in Keetonville Hill you were probably close enough to smell his cologne LOL

hope your trip was fun anyway, and I'm with PJ I wouldn't be pushing any buttons either!!

Shelley

Chris Gaines
08-25-2003, 01:22 PM
awww come on.. where is ya fun spirit Shelley.. you know you love to push Garth's buttons. HAHA!

j/k :)

Jason

GottaB-GB
08-25-2003, 01:37 PM
yeah well I push the RIGHT ones ;-) LOL right Jason?!? ;-)

Chris Gaines
08-25-2003, 01:39 PM
ummmmmmmm yeah.. I would say soooooooo..
but I won't give out ya secret ;)

HAHA!