PDA

View Full Version : Garth in the Charlie Daniels Museum

ProducerJ
08-18-2003, 02:43 PM
Over the weekend I was in Charlie Daniels' museum downtown, and spotted two Garth pictures. So I took pictures of pictures :rolleyes: and thought it would be fun to see if anyone knew when/where they were taken.

One is clearly older than the other. Did Garth ever do Charlie's Volunteer Jam?

GBheartandsoul
08-18-2003, 04:30 PM
I think Garth did perform at that event. I remember recording a very brief clip of Garth performing with Charlie at this event. I think he might have been singing "Keep Your Hands To Yourself".

Seira:)

Chris Gaines
08-18-2003, 05:49 PM
the 2nd.. is from the Video "The Devil When Down The Georgia" :)

PJ
08-19-2003, 10:05 PM
the 2nd.. is from the Video "The Devil When Down The Georgia" :)

Which was actually taken from a concert which was fundraiser in Rainsville, AL.

GriggsGarthGirl
08-19-2003, 10:57 PM
It's actually "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" and I believe the video was in tribute to Charlie Daniels. It was released way after the song was a hit on radio. Well, it'll always be a hit on radio.

PJ
08-19-2003, 11:13 PM
It's actually "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" and I believe the video was in tribute to Charlie Daniels. It was released way after the song was a hit on radio. Well, it'll always be a hit on radio.

Correct and the live footage at the end of the video featuring Garth was filmed at the Rainsville fundraiser several years ago. Garth was a surprise special guest.

Chris Gaines
08-20-2003, 12:15 PM
of course the video was way after the song hit radio.. they didn't have music videos when that song was released.. LOL :)

GriggsGarthGirl
08-20-2003, 12:28 PM
Actually, they did have music videos back in 1979. They had music videos back in the 40s & 50s. They weren't shown on tv back then but they were made and shown in jukebox type machines. So, yeah, he easily could've made a video for the song back in 1979. The technology to make a music video isn't *that* new. It was before MTV and CMT, but that didn't stop artists from making videos.

Chris Gaines
08-20-2003, 12:34 PM
I meant for TV .. and most artists would rather use a newer fresher video then a 20 year old one... for TV .. and most did, for CMT & others when it came out... many artists went back and either used concert footage (like charlie did) or made new videos of their big hits back in the day..

Only 'older' one's I ever seen on TV was from people like say Keith Whitley (who couldn't make a newer video.)

Ya know ;)