PDA

View Full Version : Vero Beach's Scotty Emerick is on his way to country stardom

fuzzwuzz
08-07-2003, 01:10 AM
It's all happening!!!

Vero musician on way to country stardom
With a push from country music giant Toby Keith, Vero Beach's Scotty Emerick is on his way.
http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/music/article/0,1651,TCP_1163_2144711,00.html

charter9
08-07-2003, 09:24 PM
Yes! I really hope that Scott does well. He has a great voice, and seems like a nice guy. I saw him at fan fair and then, a few weeks later, our radio station had him in the studio for almost an hour. They played a couple songs off his upcoming album, and also a couple of Toby's that he co-wrote.

ProducerJ
08-07-2003, 11:19 PM
Scotty did a really neat thing for us at Fan Fair. He was in for an interview, and I just pretty much stack interview on top of interview, and the tape keeps rolling and everyone hangs out together on the radio. So Scotty is there, and John Conlee comes in, or maybe John was there first, I don't remember. At any rate, one of the DJ's asked Scotty to play something, and he started playing John's hit "Miss Emily's Picture," and John sang while he played. It was pretty cool.
J.

Chris Gaines
08-07-2003, 11:34 PM
and as funny should have it...

scott helps toby sing...

"The Taliban" song... in Toby's concerts...
LOL

charter9
08-07-2003, 11:50 PM
Scotty did a really neat thing for us at Fan Fair. He was in for an interview, and I just pretty much stack interview on top of interview, and the tape keeps rolling and everyone hangs out together on the radio. So Scotty is there, and John Conlee comes in, or maybe John was there first, I don't remember. At any rate, one of the DJ's asked Scotty to play something, and he started playing John's hit "Miss Emily's Picture," and John sang while he played. It was pretty cool.
J.

Was this one of the interviews you did from the tour bus? Man, I wanted to get there to hear Scott's interview so bad. But, we had a little "navigational difficulty" on our way from the softball game to the parking lot at the coliseum! Made the loop all the way around Nashville about three times before we got it right...LOL.

ProducerJ
08-07-2003, 11:55 PM
Yep! Did I meet you at Fan Fair?
:D
J.

charter9
08-08-2003, 12:35 AM
Yep! Did I meet you at Fan Fair?
:D
J.
No. Unfortunately, I never did get to come by and say Hello!

fuzzwuzz
08-15-2003, 10:47 PM
Oh wow! Scotty is coming back to us to do "Beer for my Horses" with Toby!! :)

Treasure Coaster Scotty Emerick, profiled last week on this page, is coming home. The Toby Keith "Shocking Y'all" tour is set to touch down Oct. 5 at the Sound Advice Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach, and Friends of the Vero-raised Emerick (whose own album drops in September) can see and hear him doing the No. 1 "Beer For My Horses," etc., with bossman Toby. Tickets go on sale Saturday.
Did you see Scotty playing guitar and singing during Keith's live call-in concert last Sunday night on CMT?

If interested there's also a cool write-up on a local Bush look-a-like using it to teach good values to our children.
http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/entertainment/article/0,1651,TCP_999_2183118,00.html

Chris Gaines
08-15-2003, 10:57 PM
He plays Guitar on that song.. Toby sings it all. But they do a set of other songs...
...Natalie Maines would croak if she heard... LOL

Like "The Taliban"
and "I'm never gonna smoke weed with willie again"

lol
Enjoy the show!!!

Jason

fuzzwuzz
08-17-2003, 12:50 PM
Well Jason, unless someone plops some tickets my way, I ain't going. I've given up the "big time" in favor of something much more intimate now. I went to the first time to downtown Stuart's "Dancin' in the Streets" last night, and I was blow away by the musical richness all around me. But, more than that, it's the love and connection with my people they are bringing me. I love this! If things continue like this maybe I can get Scotty to come to me. :)