PDA

View Full Version : You have got to hear the original version of “ Beer Run”

ellerich
07-21-2003, 02:02 PM
Went to a Keith Anderson show when I was on vacation in Nashville. He wrote "Beer Run" for Garth and George Jones! He played both versions of the song and the original was awesome!!! If you go to www.keithanderson.com and you can see pictures of Garth and Keith and hear the song! Let me know what you think. I think this guy even looks like a younger Garth!

wmcinnis
07-21-2003, 02:52 PM
WOW, isn't he a cutey;)
The Original "Beer Run", sounds nothing like the one George and Garth did, except for the B douBle E double R U In part. It's so much more up beat also. Thanks for sharing that with us, it's always neat to hear the original by the songwriter:)
-Susan-

BTW, Welcome to PG!!

ProducerJ
07-21-2003, 03:09 PM
WOW. That doesn't even sound like the same song!

A friend of mine knew another of the writers (I think there were five NOT counting Garth) and she told me at the time that Garth liked the idea for the song but that it sounded too much like "Ain't Goin' Down". I can totally hear that! She said he re-wrote it and told them he'd make the money on the album, he didn't want a writer's credit.

I had no idea it was THAT major of a re-write!

Thanks for sharing that with us - and welcome to the Planet!
J.

Sxycwgl9999
07-21-2003, 03:27 PM
Wow!! That is a way different version than I'm used to. I have to say, he is a very good looking man!!! He looks like a young Garth to me too. Reckon' that why I think he's good looking...lol

Amy Jo

Chris Gaines
07-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Beer Run (B Double E Double Are You In?)
Written by: - Kim Williams - Amanda Williams - Keith Anderson - George Ducas- Kent Blazy

;)

Jason

Tipper
07-21-2003, 11:49 PM
I had the pleasure to see and meet Keith Anderson in November of 2001. He talked about Beer Run and how the re-write came about. When his "agent" called him and told him that someone wanted to record the song, but wanted to re-write it, he adamantly refused. But, when he heard it was Garth Brooks he did a 180 and boy is he glad he did.

While I enjoy Garth's version of Beer Run, if you hear Keith's it is a little more fun.