PDA

View Full Version : Concert DVD's

Cophawk
07-14-2003, 10:05 PM
I was wondering if any of our resident "Garthsters" have any info about if his concert videos ("This is Garth Brooks", "This is Garth Brooks, too" (never released on video that I am aware of), and "Garth Live from Central Park") are ever going to be released on DVD. I keep checking the music section of the DVD stores, hoping to someday find them, but so far, no go. I've only found one DVD, a biographical documentary, "Garth Brooks...His Life, From Tulsa to the Top". Interesting, but lacks the energy of his concert videos.

Anyone heard any rumors? Know any facts about DVD's of his concerts?

Bryan

ProducerJ
07-14-2003, 10:42 PM
no BUT I keep thinking we need to do some sort of campaign to flood GBM with the point that we want them......
J.

wmcinnis
07-15-2003, 06:44 AM
Yes Joyce, we should certainly do something to make them aware.

Bryan, Welcome to PG:)
-Susan-

Chris Gaines
07-15-2003, 07:34 AM
Garth's already stated he won't do it.. why bug em?

Lowell Miller
07-15-2003, 12:59 PM
Garth's already stated he won't do it.. why bug em?

Never thought I would say this ..... Hey Garth..."SMACK" Snap out of it!!! Dude...most of us don't have VCR's anymore! It's a little "cough" "cough" ....outdated. :p

ProducerJ
07-16-2003, 09:51 PM
There's that NY attitude we love!
:D

J.

ProducerJ
07-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Garth said he'd never put anything out on DVD? I guess I missed that.

Then again, if it's a woman's perrogative to change her mind, I bestow that power to him temporarily....
J.

Garthfan92
07-16-2003, 10:21 PM
ME TOO, JOYCE! I have tons of tapes of stuff, but my biggest problem is most aren't in very good shape anymore. Garth, we NEED some DVD's!!!

Lisa

Chris Gaines
07-16-2003, 11:57 PM
Garth said he won't put anything old on DVD, cause it wasn't taped in DVD quality film.. he's picky.

ProducerJ
07-17-2003, 12:22 AM
DVD quality film?

I wonder if you're thinking of the thing from the South Padre press conference. Someone asked him about how the cameras kept rolling in L.A. after the TV show went off, and if that would be turned into some sort of bonus footage. He said that it was shot "guerrilla style" run and gun and was all choppy. According to my notes from the PC he said it was "not likely to be released on DVD OR VHS." But that was just pertaining to that particular concert.

Chris Gaines
07-17-2003, 12:58 AM
He said it about the HBO Central Park as well...
VHS Only.. wasn't using the high quality film for DVD, since it wasn't his choice since HBO was paying for that.

Snow
07-17-2003, 01:16 AM
Well there's been plenty of artist that have had their footage of concerts, music videos, and stuff copied over to DVD... and there's was on even older technology film.

I dont think it would hurt to beg/bug GBM a little more.

I think when it gets to the point that people just dont buy VHS machines anymore they will do something.

Heck when DVD recorders get a little lower in price I may just convert my own just so I dont lose the ability to see them one day. Otherwise it'll end up like those old family movies on 8mm.

Cophawk
07-31-2003, 03:37 PM
Garth said he won't put anything old on DVD, cause it wasn't taped in DVD quality film.. he's picky.

Garth has us in a 'Catch-22', then. He won't put any OLD concerts on DVD, but he's retired and not doing any NEW concerts. I guess there will be no concert DVD's of the great GB at all, then. Hell of a loss to music history :-( . Hell of a loss to fans, as well.

Thanks to everyone for their input on this subject.

Bryan

tearin' it up
08-05-2003, 01:02 AM
how can the greatest artist in music history not have a dvd?

Chris Gaines
08-05-2003, 08:47 AM
how can the greatest artist in music history not have a dvd?
Elvis has a few :)

GBsgirl
08-05-2003, 09:31 AM
Because he's mean and likes to hold things back from us. Just kidding!!!!!
It would be great if he would release some concert DVD's my tapes are dying fast!!!!!!
Pam
Proud Wife of the
8th Civil Engineer Squadron Commander
(A.K.A. The Devil)
Kunsan AB, Korea

Rooster
08-05-2003, 10:21 PM
I've been putting all my Garth stuff on DVD. And not just concert stuff. I've got a whole helluva lot, thanks to PJ, from HeeHaw in 1989 right down to the recent CMT Inside Fame. I've made 20 DVDs so far and am also making a copy of everything for Garth. Hope to get to OK very soon to deliver it. They aren't perfect but they are PRESERVED. And that's what I like. My VCR and I exchange hateful glances everytime I pass it. Can't quite recall when that started. Oh yea, the day it ate my Central Park tape!

Krystal

redstrokes77
08-06-2003, 08:33 AM
LOL! Rooster. :)

deb