PDA

View Full Version : Response to Garth about CMT Special

Snow
06-06-2003, 11:42 PM
Anyone else is free to leave their notes to Garth about the CMT special here....... this is mine.
-------------------------------------------

Dear Garth,

Thank you for doing the "Inside Fame" special with CMT. It meant a lot to me as a fan to hear your feelings on so many things.

Some of them... like your decision to stay home with your kids, was something I thought I understood and supported, but until I heard you speak about it this time... I dont think I truely did see how much it means to you.

I'll still never stop hoping that you'll come back to us again one day but it really helps to make it easier and it makes me feel that while you miss the music and you miss us, that you are truely content where you are right now.

The clips and pictures brought back so many wonderful memories. I hope they did for you too. We want you back.... we'll never stop wanting you back, but we're happy for you as well.

It was beautiful hearing again your and Sandy's story and the way you struggled and worked together. Your story of her coming back in the room in New York to tell you about the crowd at Central Park touched me so deeply. I remember watching you on HBO while sitting my little cabin in Alaska and seeing how nervous you were. You could barely breathe. I kept talking to the tv screen saying... "Calm down Garth. We're with you. Breathe!"

I have to admit that I've struggled with myself over your relationship with Ms. Trisha Yearwood, but hearing you talk about her being your "best friend" tonight hit home for me. I understand now. My husband was watching too... and even said aloud to me and our kids in the room that he married his best friend too. We wish you both the best of luck and hope you'll find your way around all the challenges that this relationship brings. It makes you both happy and when you're both old and gray.... well grayer *lol*... that is what will be important... love.

God Bless You Garth Brooks. We're still out here waiting for you to go around that circle again.

Take care,
Deb

LRS4GB
06-07-2003, 12:07 AM
I watched the video thrusday night of the concert in N.Y. central park.Watching the special tonight does make you understand the expression on his face when he comes on stage. Of all the concerts that I've seen on tv I think that one is the best. I wanted to thank GARTH for giving that interview. there was somethings that I already knew about but, there was some things I did not know. Garth if you ever do come back don't worry because you will have the fans like you always did.We are all still here. God bless you Garth and good luck in the future in what ever you do....LRS P.S. You and Trisha do make a very cute couple!!!!!!!!

Vanessa
06-07-2003, 12:18 AM
Garth,

I really appreciate your honesty and sincerity when you made this 'mini biography' for "Inside Fame" on cmt. I commend you for your hard work and effort on keeping the relationship between you and sandy alive.. that takes strength and you've got that..no doubt!

When you first said that you and Trisha were a couple, I wasn't o o thrilled with the idea.. but when you said tonight that she was your "best friend" I guess I "got it". thanks for showing me that..

As I was watching this and saw all of the concert footage andn such, it reminded me of the great memories that I'll have watching you on tape, alas I never saw you in concert.. it made me smile, laugh and cry..

God has truely blessed us with a great man such as yourself. Our lives are forever changed becuase of you and your music.. God bless you and your family. I wish ya'll the best in whatever choices you make in the future! :)

god and peace,
Vanessa :)

Ceespin
06-07-2003, 12:34 AM
Missed the first 1/2 hour of the show...but the rest of that I did see...(through the tears...)

WOW!!!!!

DOUBLE WOW!!!!!!!!!

TRIPLE WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally Raised my Respect and Opinion for Garth!! (I Love this Man)
Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

Best show of and about Garth...

THANKS.........................isn't enough and these mere words don't do justice!

Catch ya later....

Monica Lockhart
06-07-2003, 12:40 AM
Dear Garth,

I truly enjoyed tonights special. It touched me in alot of different ways, but honestly, watching you perform anytime always touches me right in the heart. Tonight was different though, you gave us alot of perspective on your life, your priorities and why you made the choice you did to retire. I especially enjoyed learning about the record label saga. It was nice to finally hear the whole story.

From day one, I have always wanted you to be happy.

I don't know if I am overstepping my boundaries here, but last July when you so graciously gave your time to me, Maureen, Sherri and Mary Liz, I came away from that time "knowing" first hand, that you were happy and content with your life and the choice you made.

With all that you have given your fans and friends and family over the years, you deserve this happiness that you have found. I do think that Trisha is your soulmate. I wish you both the best. It just brings the biggest smile to my face when I think back and remember that hot July day when you told us how in love you are with Trisha! It was great seeing her talk about how she feels about you too.

I'm still hoping that Trisha will get you back into that studio for the Duet Album. ;) I just can't imagine not hearing you sing again until Allie's graduated!

Be happy, healthy and may your heart be filled with as much love as you have filled our hearts with!

Love you bud!

Moni

Zigzagzang
06-07-2003, 01:03 AM
I just wanted to let Garth know that I think he is doing a great job as being a wonderful father. I just live down the road from him and his daughters play soccer on the same fields that my son plays on. I see him first hand with hs girls and they just worship the ground he walks on. I just want him to know to be there when ever they need him. Cause I just recently lost my husband and my boys miss their father tremendously. So keep up the great work Garth. Hold your head up high.

Good Work,
Nell

Monica Lockhart
06-07-2003, 01:13 AM
Nell,

So sorry to hear about your husband. Welcome to the Planet!

Garth is one of a kind and an inspiration to us all. Thanks for coming to post here. Stick around we'd love you to stay!

Monica

allisonv7
06-07-2003, 01:18 AM
Hey,

I just want you to know that I support you one hundred percemt, though I may not know everything that's going on in your life, I do know that you changed my life forever (in a positive way ;)) Thank you for the time and heart you've given all of your fans. You'll always have a place in my heart and I will never forget.

allison.

p.s. If i'm ever on a game show and I get a "garth" question...you gotta know I'll know the answer :)

Tiggerlou94
06-07-2003, 02:30 AM
Dear Garth,
Thank you for sharing a little more of your life with us during the CMT special, it was so nice to hear things from your perspective!

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have given us with your music!

It was an honor to meet you and Miss Yearwood a little over a month ago and see how very happy you both are, you share something very special!

I wish you all the best always, may you always have love, happiness and peace in your heart!

With much love and gratitude,
Anne

TYJunkie
06-07-2003, 02:33 AM
To all you out there that may have had reservations about his relationship with Trisha, I just want to say I've met Ms. Yearwood and she is a truly nice and down to earth person. Even though I'm a fan of both of them, I too felt bad about the demise of his marriage with Sandy. But when you watch Garth and Trisha perform together their chemistry is palpable. I guess you can't deny their love for each other. Even for me, watching this special made it all the more evident. I hope they'll always be as happy as they are right now.

Steven75407
06-07-2003, 11:52 AM
Garth,
I think it was amazing to see you look back on your amazing career and your relationship with Trisha. I wish you the best of luck in the future. Your career has made a very big impact in my life and I want to say thanks for providing me with the wonderful music.

wessas
06-07-2003, 02:09 PM
Hi Garth Fans,
sounds like the CMT special was great, unfortunatly I live in the Uk and was unable to see it. If anyone has a tape of the show I would be so greatful and would obviously pay any costs involved.
Im so glad that Garth sounds so happy, especially with his kids and Trisha.He deserves it, but I do miss my trips to the states to see him in concert.

Garthfan92
06-07-2003, 03:17 PM
Garth, it's wonderful to see how happy you are now. I know you made the right decision to focus on being a dad, but the people are NOT through with you! We never were! When and if the day comes that you decide to come back, we'll be here. You don't ever have to worry about that! I know you've made me just as proud to be a fan of the man behind the music as the music itself. So whatever the future holds, just let us know what you're up to once in a while, ok? Just because you're out of the spotlight doesn't mean you're out of our hearts!

Lisa

wmcinnis
06-07-2003, 09:17 PM
Garth, I haven't seen the show yet but I would like to thank you anyway because if you wouldn't have made such a huge impact on people(particularly Brandon), I wouldn't have this great site to come to in order to hear the details of the show, first hand from these people that love you dearly. It's brought me to tears (happy ones) to hear how happy you are. When you're in a good place....we're in a good place:)
-Susan-

gloria07m
06-07-2003, 09:18 PM
Dear Garth,
I didn't get a chance to see the special but I couldn't agree more with everyone here. I hope you are happy in whatever you do and with all that life brings you.
If you ever decide to come back we'll be right here waiting.
Thanks for the music,
Love ya
Gloria

Nadine Overbeck
06-07-2003, 09:33 PM
Dear Garth,
I just wanted to thank you for all you have given to us fans. You have done so much to change my life just as your Mother had done so much to influence the way I have raised my girls as I didn't have much guidance elsewhere, just by the example she set and the way you all have turned out. Without you Brandon wouldn't have this wonderful sight wiht all these great people who have helped me get myself through many long depressing days over the past couple of years! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything. If you ever come back we will be here. Love you Nadine

fuzzwuzz
06-07-2003, 10:46 PM
Garth, within 30 minutes I was shocked to see so much of myself in you at a time I didn't even know who a Garth Brooks was, but I do now! Oh boy do I! As much as the People are Garth's "Trophy", I, the Fan, am "Living Proof" that Chris Gaines is not or will ever be the failure outsiders try to paint it as. The key word here is "confidence". You gave it to me and I'm still standing strong in it knowing what I see, even if left very vulnerable and a "little" beat up here and there. And I must say, I did get alot of personal satisfaction hearing it from Jimmy Bowen's own lips that you haven't nor would not ever lie to him.

Thanks for opening up your life and heart to us. You are loved, ~Dale

CJSHORTEN
06-08-2003, 01:22 AM
Garth,

Watching the special last night on CMT brought me great happiness. I am so happy to know that you are in such a good place in your life right now. I came to know you and your music in 1998 and cannot express in words what each and every one of your albums has meant to me. Hope one day you are that lucky man who gets to spend the rest of his life with Trisha. It means the world if you can say that special someone is also your best friend. Thank you
Garth for all that you have givin me and please continue to follow that road that makes you most happy. All of us here at Planet Garth will be doing nothing but cheering you on.

garthgirl50
06-08-2003, 10:36 PM
Garth,
I finally got to see your Inside Fame special and I admire and respect you so much. You got a raw deal over the years from the press and Nashville. You are and were bigger than all of them and they couldnt take it. We love you, your music and your concerts. Please come out of retirement soon. Beleive me from raising three kids, you need an outlet. Dont give up on your music. Love Trisha. Cherish what you have with her and for heavens sake marry her and then sing with her. We are patiently waiting for the duet album. We love you and always will. Be happy.

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
06-09-2003, 02:33 PM
Dear Garth,

I'll make this short and sweet....

You still Da Man!

Best of everything (always) for you and yours ~ CC Ajmera

BLL
06-09-2003, 08:52 PM
I loved the Inside Fame even though there was nothing new for those paying attention.

Be happy; the love for your girls is SOOOOOO evident. As is the love for Ms Yearwood. You truly CAN marry your best friend. I did. I hope you can too.

YODELGAL
06-09-2003, 09:47 PM
Dear Garth: Having followed your career, I can't say I heard or saw any surprises ON YOUR PROFILE show, and as usual, you brought a tear to my eye just by showing your true emotion.

However, having seen Trisha hold back before, and keep her emotions to herself in public, I was happy to see that you have won her heart at last, and she is glad to show it to the world. Good for both of you! I hope your wedding (couldn't quite keep that a secret, could you?) will be small and intimate, and that you'll release lots of photos afterward for all of us to admire.

Someone mentioned to me that she thought you were wealthy. I assured her that you were no longer wealthy, because I believed you spent all your money on FLOWERS!

Stephanie

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
06-09-2003, 11:58 PM
RE: ZigZagZang

Nell ~ Condolences on your recent loss. I hope you will continue to come and post here on the Planet. :)

God bless you and yours ~ CC

Jen19
06-10-2003, 10:20 AM
Hi Garth,

First off thanks, for doing this special it means a lot to us. I'm glad you took the time to sit down and talk about your life. I'm especially happy that you are happy. And nothing is more important then being proud of yourself, there is no award ceremony for loving yourself but there is many rewards, like those three girls of yours.

The only bad thing now, is I'm sad. This week has had me missing you on the road, making music and really missing the excitement you have brought to me. Its so hard to understand all the work that you have done, and all the bad times along with the good times the road brings. I appreciate more then ever what you sacrificed for the music and us the fans.

I wish you nothing but the best, we will always be waiting in the wings, ready to roll again when ever you are ready.

love-
JEN

Jen19
06-10-2003, 10:21 AM
These letters are so amazing, I had an idea. what if I print them out, only those who wish to have yours printed and take them over to GBM, don't know if it will get to Garth, but there is chance.

Let me know what you guys think.

JEN

YODELGAL
06-10-2003, 02:25 PM
Can't hurt, Jen. But I know that, as one of the star-cleaners, I sent a packet of pictures and messages made on his birthday, to GBM, and he never got it. Apparently, thy wait for him to pick them up, or send him stuff erratically. He gets so much mail, they can't keep up with it. But I say, go for it anyway!

Stephanie

ProducerJ
06-10-2003, 05:04 PM
I think the idea of getting these messages to him is a good one, but I think we should find someone going to OK to deliver them, so we know he actually gets them.

J. <--- who still hasn't composed hers, but is planning to!

SylvieGail
06-10-2003, 06:19 PM
I have listened to Garth for many years and in his music he portrays the Fun, Sorrow, and Truths we all live in our Lives. It is in just a few minutes he has captured our souls and spoken to each and every one of us. He has been bless with the gift of poetry,music,and the very fact that he is a wonderful humanitarian.
I was speechless and have watched the re-runs of the special since it aired and would just like to share my admiration for Garth as a Person who is 110% true to himself and loved ones.

Snow
06-10-2003, 07:06 PM
I'd LOVE for them to get to Garth. The whole reason I posted it was that I was hoping that maybe some of his people that check in on us from time to time would maybe mention them to him and he'd take a look.

I want him to know how much this special meant to us. :D

Garthfan92
06-10-2003, 10:41 PM
I'd be all for sharing these with Garth if someone was able to. Anyone think they might be able to hand deliver them?

Lisa

GBsMydance
06-10-2003, 10:48 PM
Dear Garth,

Thank you so much for once again thinking of us. CMT really did a nice job with your Inside Fame. It is nice to know you are happy and nice to know you have someone to share it with.

It is heart warming for me to see your love for your babies. What your giving those girls will always be special in their hearts. You are where you need to be.

You taught us all to Believe., you gave us wings to fly with. So now it is our turn to Believe and time for us to let you fly. Thank you for all you do, thank you for all that you are.

Put Double Live on, can you hear us, can you close your eyes and see us? Well, I am sure you can. We will always be here for you,until the circle ends.
Love,
Pam

"I'll leave my light on for you, if you will leave your light on for me"

TammyLS
06-11-2003, 11:59 AM
Garth, Thanks so much for being so honest with us, seeing you talk about your life, and your career, well it makes you so much more like us. I Loved seeing and hearing you talk about Trisha Yearwood, and hearing the love you definately have for her. Made my heart swell. And hearing Trisha talk about you, knowing that she is happy, and feeling your love, Wow, that was great! I wish you all the best with all that you do, and I hope that you and Trisha find happiness, peace and Love together for a very long time to come!

JRILEY
06-12-2003, 09:09 PM
From one Okie to another...I was proud, of your honesty, your business savey, and for shooting straight from the hip.

Do I miss your music....YES...

Do I wish you would come back....YES....but live your life...enjoy every minute, after all we only have one.

j

Amanda
06-13-2003, 09:33 PM
ive seen the inside fame 5 times...it was excellent!! like mark wills said if you dont think garth is the best thing to happen to country music you should be locked out of the building!! and that its true!! garth made a tremendous impact on country music and any music genre for that matter!!i wish garth would return but his children need him more than we need his music

BLL
06-13-2003, 10:25 PM
Enjoy life, pal; this ain't a dress rehersal. :)

Darlene
06-16-2003, 08:28 PM
I think the fellow said it best during the special. Paraphrasing him a bit, he said that you caused the water level to rise such that everyone then enjoyed the benefit of the wave.

The honesty and raw emotion you project by being so real, sincere and full of life is so needed in world where people lack congruency of their words and deeds. You are an inspiration.

May your friendship with Trisha grow.

I'm looking forward to seeing that blue suit behind that podium ... again. :)

Godspeed.

Darlene

Paula
06-16-2003, 08:42 PM
I was finally able to see it tonight when a copy of the show arrived in my mail. Although much of it wasn't new information, I still found it interesting, and there were even some new pictures that I don't remember having seen before. It was much too short and only whet my appetite for more. Thanks for giving us another gift.:)

Paula

Luvs*Garth*1128
06-17-2003, 09:49 AM
I just checked the CMT site, and was wondering, it says June 18th @ 9:30 pm, that a Garth special is on (Inside Fame)It also says it's a 90 minute episode. Is this the one that first aired June 6th?
Any info would be most appreciated:D, as I missed the one that aired on the 6th. :mad:
Thanks
Angie

ProducerJ
06-17-2003, 10:50 AM
yes ma'am that's the same one!
enjoy!!!!
J.

Luvs*Garth*1128
06-18-2003, 11:26 AM
Thanks PJ, I know I will! :D

GB2PinaColadas
06-19-2003, 01:00 PM
Dear Garth,

Thank you so much for taking the time to participate in "Inside Fame" on CMT - I finally got to understand why you decided to retire and I fully respect you for that - I am happy that you are happy! When you talked about the early years, Central Park, and the 1998 tour - when you became emotional about that - I got emotional too as well - You are an amazing performer and you have pulled my heart towards your music and the entire industry of country music - THANK YOU!
After watching "Inside Fame", I'll have to say I have became a BIGGER fan - Garth, I'll never stop hoping or wishing you will come back soon to us. If you come back - I WILL BE THERE! :) You know what, I'll just sum it all up - YOU ARE THE MAN!

- Rachel -

Carol Ann
06-23-2003, 01:45 PM
Dear Garth,

Thanks to a very special friend, I was finally able to see Inside Fame and, of course, I have to say a few things. I know most of the people here already knew and had already seen, much of what was aired and I have to say I feel like a very inadequate fan because most of what I saw was new to me. Although I've always been a fan of your music, it wasn't until just recently that I've learned a lot of things about the kind of man and the kind of performer you are. There have been times when I have read other people's accounts of their experiences at your concerts and their recollections have been so vivid that just reading them I almost felt like I was there and it always made me feel sad that I not only never saw you in concert but that I may never get a chance now. I think for the first time I fully realize just what a loss country music has suffered because you are no longer an active part of it. You also made me realize just how difficult it is to be a performer and how big the sacrifices are that you make for the sake of the music. You have set a standard that I don't believe anyone can fully live up to and the thing that amazes me the most about you is your humility even after all of the success you've known. Having said all of this I understand the guilt you feel as a parent and how you want to be there for your children and again it's a testimant to the kind of man you are that you are willing to give up something that you love so much so that you can be the parent you want to be for your girls. You've always given 110% to everything that you do and this isn't any different. I applaud you and I admire you for setting your priorities and sticking to them. I think the thing that gives me the most peace is the fact that I believe you have found your soulmate in Trisha. I've watched your relationship grow over the years and it would have made me very sad if you hadn't been able to find a way to be with that one person who makes you complete. I also think, after hearing Trisha talk about you, that for the very first time she has met the man she has waited for her entire life. Be happy together because you both deserve that. It's so touching and brings such a smile to my face when I think about how in love you are. It's not every day that somebody is lucky enough to have the kind of love you share and I know that you both realize just what a gift you've been given. I'd just like to echo what so many others here have said and that is that when that day comes that you return, we'll all be waiting here for you and so when you finally get the nerve to go and look to see if anybody has turned up, you will see that we have and that you had nothing to fear.

Carol Ann

berriffic
07-01-2003, 11:45 PM
Dear Garth

I, like many others, want to thank you for being so open on the Inside Fame special. It reminded me of the journey we have all shared since we first heard your music.

Those who love you have been so worried about you since we lost Colleen. You seemed to lose the sparkle in your eyes. It was wonderful to see that spark back when you talked about your girls and Miss Yearwood. Your happiness is the only reward for the fans who miss you and your music so desperately. You made us a family with your music and it was great to hear you miss us as much as we miss you.

I hope to be a part of country music and help make it a place that puts the music first. I know in my heart that "When you come back to me again" was sent to us for a reason. You will be back when the time is right and your heart leads you back to the music...we will be here.

<3 ber

tina1432
07-11-2003, 07:51 PM
Dear Garth
Thanks alot for sharing your life with us.
but me as a fan.. I would like to thank you
you have been with me through all my struggles(through your songs)
and I have been able to find a way out of them just by listening to you sing. So thank you Mr. Brooks and you will always be one of my biggest
and most inspiring people i have ever met!
thanks and may the lord bless you!
-Tina
san antonio texas
tespjg_1432@hotmail.com

about the cmt thing
i am real glad you did that special
you allowed hundreds and thousands of people in the world to finally know the real story and we got to get to know you in a way its hard to explain but you touched so many people that day and i have never seen you really cry i was really suprised it made me think wow he really is human but dont sweat the small stuff man! i love ya!
write me back if you ever see this!

tina1432
07-11-2003, 08:03 PM
an additional thing i forgot to say garth this is tina1432
i am very truly sorry about the loss of your mother know that she is my and my family's daily prayers forever and so are you i am sad to see though that you dont have a sparkle in your eye, but where that sparkle has went was into the eyes of all your fans that love you and know that we are here for you we have well i have made a promise to be your fan for as long and when ever you need me to be a fan im right there behind you every step of the way brother! i love you with every sparkle in my eye if you ever need a sparkle you have got hundreds of thousands out there.
dont forget about us!

with love and appreciation
-Cristina Pena