PDA

View Full Version : Big Money....anybody else hearing this on radio?

Cheryl
07-03-2003, 07:33 PM
I heard Big Money played twice now on a local station, which is pretty odd considering I hardly ever listen to the station.....I was just flipping around both times! Anybody else's station playing it?

Garthmedic
07-03-2003, 07:49 PM
Twice?!!

How cool! It is great song. I hope it gets more air play.

--spud--:)

Paula
07-03-2003, 09:15 PM
Wow, that's cool. I wonder if they released it or if the station was just playing an album cut.

Paula

Vanessa
07-03-2003, 10:53 PM
I havent heard it here in md..

god and peace,
Vanessa :)

Cheryl
07-03-2003, 11:59 PM
I checked the station's playlist, and Big Money is listed. They divide up the playlist as "hot on the airwaves", "just getting warm", and "new to the airwaves". Big Money is listed under "new".....but, it is at the very bottom of the list. So that doesn't look too hopeful. :(

I wonder if Capitol is maybe testing the song on a few stations? I think I'll give the station a call Monday and see if I can find out anything, as well as request it. :) www.wccq.com

Lowell Miller
07-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Big money is a great song!! Whatever happened to The Storm? Another great song. :(

BLL
07-04-2003, 09:50 PM
Both are great songs. Capitol is now considering Garth as a 'catalog' artist, which means they aren't putting any marketing dollars behind him. They figure he'll continue to make money for them regardless, so they aren't playing the 'payola' game. So no payola, no chart status. I know they are saying it's the 'song promoters', but it's payola under a different title. :(

I can't say I blame Garth for not wanting to play the game anymore. From the Charlie Rose specials I surmised Capitol didn't keep their word on much of the marketing plans devised for Garth's cd's, hence the relentless touring. I think the quote was "I'm going to go out there and make up for the job you're not doing."

Garth paid a very high price, not Capitol......

garthgirl50
07-05-2003, 05:31 AM
Well for them not promoting the songs at all they have done well on the charts. They must have charted just from requests alone. I wondered why each song seemed to slow down faster and faster. I just hate to see them even be released even though its great to hear new stuff from him. The comments I have seen is that he cant get another hit. Now we know why. Radio still adds him to their playlists out of respect and because the people want to hear it but they arent going to play them anymore then they have to. When people stop requesting then I guess they stop playing em. So never stop requesting them. Seems to me Capitol is lacking drastically in artists. I still bet Garth makes more money for them then Keith Urban, Chris Cagle, Trace Atkins and all the newer artists together. They still know who butters their bread.

Chris Gaines
07-05-2003, 06:27 AM
Actually.. Keith Urban and Cagle make Capitol more money..

Garth signed a HUGE deal with Capitol long ago.. that gave HIM the money that Capitol usually gets so they have to "sell" 2 to 3 times more Garth to get the same money that Cagle or Urban would net them.

gbkubfan
07-07-2003, 10:35 AM
I think Garth actually has made Capitol more money. I think Chris Cagle and Keith Urban have the potential to make Capitol more money now but they have to sell records to make that money. Technically Keith and Chris give more money to Capitol when they sell but I think Garth is still a viable source of money. My latest look at the charts didn't see Keith or Chris burning them up with sales.The real problem I see is that Capitol or Garth isn't releasing any product to the market. I was visiting my Mom this weekend in what I call redneck country and the two stores I went to had no Garth Brooks slot in the music section. I was purposely looking for a copy of No Fences since I made the tragic mistake of not bringing any Garth with me on the trip. I know big sin, long story. I really had an urge to hear No Fences. Oh well you live you learn. But my point is, they need to put the catalog stuff out there so people can buy it. JMHO

Actually.. Keith Urban and Cagle make Capitol more money..

Garth signed a HUGE deal with Capitol long ago.. that gave HIM the money that Capitol usually gets so they have to "sell" 2 to 3 times more Garth to get the same money that Cagle or Urban would net them.

garthgirl50
07-09-2003, 05:11 AM
emailed a couple of radio stations and i got a reply from the music director at KFKF and he said he hasnt heard anything about new stuff being released from Garth now or in the near future. He said and i quote "we can only hope"

Chris Gaines
07-09-2003, 05:40 AM
I think Garth actually has made Capitol more money. I think Chris Cagle and Keith Urban have the potential to make Capitol more money now but they have to sell records to make that money. Technically Keith and Chris give more money to Capitol when they sell but I think Garth is still a viable source of money. My latest look at the charts didn't see Keith or Chris burning them up with sales.The real problem I see is that Capitol or Garth isn't releasing any product to the market. I was visiting my Mom this weekend in what I call redneck country and the two stores I went to had no Garth Brooks slot in the music section. I was purposely looking for a copy of No Fences since I made the tragic mistake of not bringing any Garth with me on the trip. I know big sin, long story. I really had an urge to hear No Fences. Oh well you live you learn. But my point is, they need to put the catalog stuff out there so people can buy it. JMHO
Garth's stuff is out there, and can still be purchased. All 1st six albums are available for record shops to buy and shelf. If the store don't choose to shelve the albums, Capitol really can't control that.

They must have a reason for not shelfing Garth on the storefront.

(the "Diamond Albums" from Garth Brooks, No Fences, Ropin' The Wind, The Chase, In Pieces, and Fresh Horses.. are still available from Capitol.)

People said it was "Special editions" would not be out for very long... but they are still available years later. :)

Jason

jmcneal
07-09-2003, 12:08 PM
I checked the station's playlist, and Big Money is listed. They divide up the playlist as "hot on the airwaves", "just getting warm", and "new to the airwaves". Big Money is listed under "new".....but, it is at the very bottom of the list. So that doesn't look too hopeful. :(

I wonder if Capitol is maybe testing the song on a few stations? I think I'll give the station a call Monday and see if I can find out anything, as well as request it. :) www.wccq.com
i know that pat quigley is not ceo of capital does anyone know what happen to him maybe that is something to do with garth contact maybe.

Chris Gaines
07-09-2003, 01:43 PM
Capitol replaced him. and it has NOTHING to do with Garth retiring. HIS GIRLS are why he retired. HIS CONTRACT was also up with Capitol.

Why's it always gotta be "someone else was pushing him out" why can't it be "Garth wanted to leave on his own to be with HIS GIRLS.. just as he SAID HIMSELF.

sheesh