PDA

View Full Version : Stoney Brooks???

disturbedpeace
06-29-2003, 10:04 AM
Ok, so I have a question that I'm hoping someone can help me out with. I was at A bar last night ( not that this is the best place to find information), and maybe this is a complete hoax. But if it is, I'm sure many of you will find this amusing, as I did for the entire two hours I heard this story over and over again. There was a man there who told me this story: On January 1, 1993, he was visiting Oklahoma. He stopped at a grocery store and was behind a lady with 3 kids. She had $108 worth of groceries, but only $80. So she started taking away from her kids. This man gave her $30 and told her to use the $2 left over for gas. There was a man behind him who asked why he did that. And he said, "because I'm a good christian." When he was on his way back to MN where he lived, he told people that he thought he had talked to Garth Brooks. Nobody believed him. A few years later Garth played in MN and told that story to his audience. He said as he walked out of that grocery store that day, he noticed that the lady this man had helped could not get her car started. So Garth bought her a new car and filled up the tank for her. He said he did this because of the man who gave her money for groceries.
This man I am speaking of goes by the name of Stoney Brooks. He claims that Garth has been looking for him. He also claims that Garth is his brother. Good story? Maybe....I was pretty entertained. I'm also pretty sure it was just a drunk man with a very large fabricated imagination. Anyone else heard this story though? I am aware that Garth has been known to give away cars. But this story seems awfully far fetched to believe.

PJ
06-29-2003, 11:10 AM
I'm sure if this man was Garth's brother, Garth wouldn't have to go looking for him.

disturbedpeace
06-29-2003, 11:13 AM
i know right??!! He was pretty convinced he wrote "If Tomorrow Never Comes" It was pretty amusing nonetheless

PJ
06-29-2003, 11:23 AM
I'm sure Kent Blazy would have something to say about that.

Lowell Miller
06-29-2003, 12:23 PM
LOL I think this guy was what his first name says..."Stoney" without the "y" and add a "d". :p

fuzzwuzz
06-29-2003, 11:19 PM
I don't think I've ever heard of Garth patting himself on the back in public, have you?

allisonv7
06-30-2003, 11:36 PM
Dont you just love the random things that happen in bars!

allison.

Chris Gaines
06-30-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by allisonv7
Dont you just love the random things that happen in bars!

allison.

hehehe and I always wondered why ya liked em! LOL :)

*runs from allison hehe*

Garthfan92
07-01-2003, 11:28 PM
Reading this, I thought if there was any truth to it, it was probably Garth that gave the woman the money to start with! Gotta admit, that would be totally like Garth.

Lisa