PDA

View Full Version : RGM: Garth is a PIG!

Snow
06-27-2003, 08:02 PM
Wait! Wait! Dont throw things at me! *lol* Really there is funny story here.

I've had another of my RGM's (Random Garth Moments).

I had to go with Ken up to see his cardiac transplant doctor.... we got a good report by the way..... he's doing very well. So hopefully we'll be avoiding the transplant for a while. He's still on the list but the doctor says that unless he has some kind of setback it may be years before he has to have it and by then they may have other alternatives.

ANYWAY.......... I know... I know....... back to Garth Pig!

So in the waiting area there was a children's area..... and some children's books...... and low and behold..... this title pops out at me:

Garth Pig and the Ice Cream Lady!!!!

***ROTFLMAO*****
I wonder if that lady has mint chocolate chip?

So I went to Amazon when we got home and there are several "Garth Pig" books!

This one may be a little too dirty for our PG status!

Bathtime for Garth Pig!

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! Garth Pig EVEN SINGS!!!! There are two music related Garth Pig books:

One by One: Garth Pig's Rain Song
Ten Pink Piglets: Garth Pig's Wall Song

ANDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! I guess like our sweetie, this Garth Pig is a real ham! There is another called:

Garth Pig Steals the Show

I think these are a must for a Garth collection! *giggles*
---------------------------------------------

Anyone else having any RGM's lately?

Garthfan92
06-27-2003, 08:48 PM
I can't imagine how this has escaped all the Garth experts that find anything and everything with the slightest connection! lol I wonder if Garth knows about these.

Lisa

Snow
06-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking Lisa. If he hasn't, wouldn't it be funny to give him a set of them? *lol*

Garthfan92
06-27-2003, 08:53 PM
Oh, someone would have to have a camera ready, cause the expression on his face would be PRICELESS!!! lol

Lisa

Snow
06-27-2003, 10:01 PM
Here's the cover of the Garth Pig and the Ice Cream Lady book.

Snow
06-27-2003, 10:03 PM
OH! And I just found that there are other "Garth Pig" books...

Like this one called "Wicked William" (A Garth Pig Story). In the picture you can see a little seal that is on the book showing it is a "Garth Pig" story.

I like the cover. It reminds me of that story about Garth walking on the lighting rigs.

Wendi5000
06-27-2003, 10:32 PM
Garth has young children, remember :). I have a feeling he probably knows about the books ;). They must be fairly new though, because I don't remember them from when my sister or I were young.

Snow
06-27-2003, 10:39 PM
No... not new really. Most are out of print actually. The Ice cream Lady one was published in 1990.

angelamccann
06-28-2003, 06:58 PM
Copies of some of the books in the series are available from alibris.com if anyone is keen enough to add Garth Pig to their collection! I've seen the Ice Cream Lady on there from about $4.95. As Alibris markets books from ex-library stock and thousands of sellers it's necessary to check the individual copy details to be sure it's going to be acceptable for you, but I've found several books on there that aren't available here in the UK any more and haven't had any problems so far!

It might also be a place to try if you're looking for any books about 'our' Garth :)

Angela x
(sorry, that post looks like a piece of marketing but wasn't intentional!)

Vanessa
06-28-2003, 08:41 PM
ROFL deb! that's a great one to share!! thanks for the wonderful RGM and also for the pics ;)

that's a classic!

god and peace,
Vanessa :)

ProducerJ
06-29-2003, 01:10 AM
Garth is a talented pig to be able to walk on his hind legs!

Teach
06-29-2003, 02:29 PM
Yesterday we went to Six Flags New Orleans with my grandson and when we went to eat, there was a country western show going on. All of a sudden this guy and girl began singing, "Squeeze Me In". Of course, my whole family teases me that I know all the words to GB's songs. I had to come home and play my "Scarecrow" album a few times. I sure do miss that man!!!!! :( SIGH, SIGH, SIGH!!!!

Snow
06-29-2003, 07:46 PM
I know what you mean Teach. You reminded me of another recent RGM.

When we were driving up to Duke, we lost the radio signal and Ken asked me if I had any CD's in the car. I said... "I dont know, let me look." And he says.... "Maybe you have a Garth CD in there."

You could have knocked me over with a feather! He actually wanted to hear Garth. Now dont get me wrong... he likes Garth okay... but he usually doesn't go out of his way to listen to him.

Sure enough I had a couple of Garth CD's. ;) So I popped in the limited edition of "No Fences" and on came "Thunder Rolls".... and Ken was really happy because that is his favorite Garth song. After finishing that one we listened to the "Scarecrow" CD and sang along.... ba, ba, ba, baaaaaaaaaa...... *lol*

A nice Garthy trip in all. :D

Garth_FANtasizer
06-29-2003, 08:47 PM
I can't seem to shake this fantasy of mud wrestling with Garth!

~Ann~