PDA

View Full Version : That's our Garth!!!!!!

beckysue59
06-23-2003, 07:28 PM
Garth story
-- Eddy Raven, who used to be on the same record label as Garth Brooks, likes to tell this story about the Superstar.

"One day my son and I were coming back from Nashville and it was pouring rain. Traffic was going real, real slow. Then we got up to a car stopped in the road, says Raven.

"Everyone else was trying to get around it and not doing anything to help. But there was one guy out in the rain trying to push the car by himself. It was Garth Brooks! He was out there trying to help this lady." (The Okmulgee Daily Times).

:applause: That's why we love him!!!One reason, anyway!

Paula
06-23-2003, 07:33 PM
Becky, I was just about to post this, but you beat me to it. Just another reason why we love him.

Just for the record, this came from www.countrynation.com.

Paula

ProducerJ
06-23-2003, 08:52 PM
:D Neat story

But where the heck is Okmulgee???

J.

Garth_FANtasizer
06-23-2003, 09:00 PM
Thats our guy! Was Garth a boy scout? Well, if he wasn't he's a Man scout now! :)

Joyce, Oklmulgee is in Oklahoma.

~Ann~

Garthfan92
06-23-2003, 10:30 PM
It's always something, isn't it? All those little stories that prove time and again why Garth is so loved by the people. It sure always puts a smile on my face to hear about another one.

Lisa

Vanessa
06-24-2003, 01:05 AM
he never ceases to amaze me.. :D

god and peace,
Vanessa :)

annette
06-24-2003, 06:00 AM
Okmulgee is about 45 minutes south of Tulsa...I was raised there. Wish they would keep their online paper updated!!!!

boppityboo
06-24-2003, 11:59 AM
Thats our guy! Was Garth a boy scout? Well, if he wasn't he's a Man scout now!

HEHEHE! Ann, you always bring a smile to my face. Man Scout. I like that. You are too clever by half. lol.

Ellie :)

P.S. Where was Garth whenever my old beater van broke down all the time? lol

annette
06-24-2003, 04:33 PM
And then there was Garth!

"I was at the same record label as Garth Brooks! Somebody asked me what happened ... and I told them I got Garth'd!"

Raven jokes about being in Garth's shadow. However, he has nothing but good things to say about the mega-star.

"He is a marketing genius," he said. "One day my son and I were coming back from Nashville and it was pouring rain. Traffic was going real, real slow. Then we got up to a car stopped in the road. Everyone else was trying to get around it and not doing anything to help. But there was one guy (out in the rain) trying to push the car by himself. It was Garth Brooks! He was out there trying to help this lady."

Raven notes that Garth just has that something.

"You don't know exactly what it is, but it's like Willie Nelson. They do it differently ... but there's just something about them!"

Here is the rest of the part
about Garth in the article....thought it was kinda cool.

G-f
06-24-2003, 04:49 PM
Annette,
But they never said if Eddy and his son got out to help too, when they saw who was trying to help.......lol I wonder???????
Tricia

annette
06-24-2003, 06:29 PM
lol...you are right! Maybe they figured he had it under control! BTW, the article in the paper was an interview they did with Eddie last week. He and Mel McDaniel were performing there in Okmulgee...Mel is actually a graduate of Okmulgee High. Gee, biggest performers we had when I lived there were my Dad and Uncles playing on the back of a flat-bed truck during the annual Indian Pow-Wow...sorry, just reminiscing!

fuzzwuzz
06-24-2003, 11:28 PM
Sounds familiar. What does he do?

ProducerJ
06-25-2003, 12:14 AM
Eddy is a country music artist. According to his bio: he has 30 ASCAP songwriting awards, 7 #1 's, 14 Top 4O's, and 20 albums to his credit.

His biggest hit (IMO) is "I've Got Mexico." (who needs you? I've got Mexico!) He also wrote hits for others, including The Oak Ridge Boys' "Thank God For Kids."

J.

cntrypoet
06-26-2003, 07:21 AM
hey guys i'm not here as often as I use to be, and some of you may n ot remember me! (specaly if my spelling has improved)... but thought i'd drop by! and as I always have; offer a uniqe perspective on everything

About the articl

the poster said taht" raven paid garth a complement..>" and clamed that garth was, "a marketing geanous". Now I know he may have ment it as a complement. IF you read it in Isolation it is a huge complement. But let me be a punk and make you think.

out of context. "garth helped sombody on the side of the road in the rain." "Garth is a marketing geanous" two quotes. Two statemtnts in I solation! simple

here is how i read the post (frome artical)

"Garth helped sombody on the side of the road, he is a marketing geanous" I.E. "Garth is a marketing geanous because he helped sombody on the side of the road" or "Garth helping sombody on the side of the road makes him a marketing geanous".

it looks simple but one inplies a fauls motive, One does not. One is a complement to a mans person, one to his marketing ability and what he will do, geniousn on not to sell.

WE know the truth! WE know that Garth is a boy scout, and he is also a marketing genous and the two in and of themselvs. I didnt want to prove anyting. I didn't want to start an argument. But weather you are agreeing with me or not, their are nurons fireing in your brain to make you consider what was said. You are considering all of this, thus YOU ARE THINKING! By this i do not mean to be disingenuous and say that whoever "YOU" are that is reading this, is not in the habbet of thinking, I just wanted to point out taht you are now. And now that you are THINKING you are going to either, A post a reply. B go on to another form, OR C Log off. Whatever it is you do you will most like ly stop and consider a little more about your day.

I have either given your brain a jump start that will facelitate learning. OR I have woken it up. Or made you realize that you are brain dead! JUST KIDDING.

and yea, I even know that your asking what is with me because of the spelling. I thoes are questions that can and will be answerd and cause you to see this world a little difrently.

think about it

G-f
06-26-2003, 05:46 PM
HUH???????????? what was that?

Garthmedic
06-26-2003, 06:22 PM
That was Dean's opinion. :)

--spud--:)

cntrypoet
07-04-2003, 02:01 AM
yea that was me

and that was my openion, or a look at the facts as i see them

I am not a daly visetor but you will see my two cence on here every not and then. I gata stop by on the seventh btw