PDA

View Full Version : Update From T4K

Monica Lockhart
06-18-2003, 10:17 PM
I heard from Don Johnson today and apparantly there is some confusion regarding new guidelines that Teammates has put into place and I promised him I would pass on the latest developments:

We will be happy to accept donations that are made to the Foundation from fans that are purely donations. We will not be able to accept money that was procured through any kind of unauthorized lottery, raffle, drawing or auction. Further, the Foundation will not authorize any outside individual or group to conduct such activities, even though the proceeds would be directed to the Foundation.

Please know that every donation is important and appreciated. 100% of all donations received go directly to our charitable giving outreach. No donations, unless designated in writing, ever go towards the overhead or operational expenses of Teammates For Kids. That's not a goal, it's the rule!

I clarified the following with Don after receiving this information:

1. Teammates will happily accept donations on behalf of the PlanetGarth members as a group as long as the monies are purely donations and not donations in exchange for "goods or items" received by the donator in exchange for the donation. So, good news is, we can still do our annual Birthday Donation Campaign as long as all checks are made payable to Teammates.

2. Teammates will not accept donations or approve donations to be gathered using any type of auction, raffle or lottery. This means that we will no longer be able to do an auction like we did at the PG Convention last year.

While this news is sad to learn about future auctions, I am still very thankful that donations will still be accepted on behalf of PlanetGarth members! :)

As always, I'll keep you posted with any other Teammates news I receive.

Monica

Paula
06-18-2003, 10:29 PM
That's too bad that we won't be able to raise funds through another auction, but I guess I can see the reasoning. They want to protect the integrity of the organization by not allowing "unauthorized" events to take place that they have no control over.

Paula

GBShameless
06-18-2003, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm glad they are still going to accept donations, cause after reading this post on another website I thought for sure that we couldn't do it as a group any longer.

"spoke with Bo and DJ at length a couple of times late yesterday and was informed that Teammates has gotten the word from "Nashville" that they (T4K) can no longer accept donations from conjoined efforts made from any website for any reason."

Should have known there was more to the story, just goes to show why this is the best GB website out there. Thanks Monica

Robin :) :)

Garthmedic
06-18-2003, 11:19 PM
Thanks for clarifying that for us, Moni!

--spud--:)

ProducerJ
06-19-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Paula
That's too bad that we won't be able to raise funds through another auction, but I guess I can see the reasoning. They want to protect the integrity of the organization by not allowing "unauthorized" events to take place that they have no control over.
As much as I can understand TFK and GBM's position, and hate what they've had to go through in coming to this decision, I'm really bummed that we aren't going to be able to do some sort of online auction in lieu of a PG convention this year. :( I hate that one bad apple has to ruin the crop for all of us.

We'll just have to come up with a fabulous excuse to gather donations for Teammates anyway, and let them know the Planet still loves them and loves Garth! :):)

Moni, I know there were some highly complimentary things DJ said about you in those emails too, thank you for representing PG with such class, and letting the TFK staff do their important work.
:)
J.

redstrokes77
06-19-2003, 11:40 AM
I agree with you Joyce especially since the stuff donated were "private" and not sponsored by any "company". It's not like a car dealership donating a car as long as the dealership donating the prize is recognized somehow. To me it's a big difference.

deb

GBronx
06-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Moni, I know there were some highly complimentary things DJ said about you in those emails too, thank you for representing PG with such class, and letting the TFK staff do their important work.
J.

Thank you for the update.

And I second what Joyce said...!!! Great job Moni!! :applause:

Tony Arata

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away!

FlutterBy98
06-19-2003, 12:40 PM
i am glad to see that this is finally coming out. i did not know that socalled 'bad apple' personally but i sure know of her. it's bad enough to misrepresent yourself or your relationship with people, but to buy something on ebay and then claim it belonged to mama brooks, i think is dispicable. i'm glad gbm pulled the plug.

however, i think it sucks they make a blanket rule against everyone because of one person. monica, i'm going to pm you with an idea.

Garthfan92
06-19-2003, 10:54 PM
It's good to know we can still do group donations to TFK. While I think it would be great for auctions or raffles to be an option, I can see why they decided this.

FlutterBy, it doesn't sound to me like this had anything to do with the "so called bad apple" you mention. TFK had no problem with the raffle. I don't think you should make an accusation like that without a lot more information.

Lisa

Monica Lockhart
06-19-2003, 11:01 PM
I agree Lisa,

I think we should leave the personal matters out of this and just take what T4K says is best and move forward. :)

Moni

TBG
06-19-2003, 11:48 PM
Dragged me out of hiding again…
Reading this post I hope we’re above flaming. It hasn’t happened yet and I hope it doesn’t. It would accomplish nothing…except maybe make someone look bad and someone feel better. I don’t think it’s aloud at PG, is it?
Wouldn’t have even posted if I hadn’t been reading at another site and became concerned with some comments made. Some wanted T4K to tell them why the change. Some felt it was unfair of T4K to do it now. I got the feeling T4K was getting a bad wrap, just my feeling, and thought maybe some might be feeling the same here.
What I like about PG is it tries to get the facts and get them to its members as soon as possible, and that is what Monica did. The WHY, really isn’t our business. Teammates must have been put into a situation and are trying to deal with it.
If we must, what we can do is look at the facts.
Fact: We had an auction last year and Teammates supported it and even donated toward it.
Fact: Suddenly and swiftly, they put and end to such fundraisers.

My conclusion: Something must have happened and it must have affected them deeply to move so swiftly and take such a stand.

If we trust Garth and his people we must trust they had good reason to do what they did; their reasons, their business.
I’m just glad we can still collect for Garth’s birthday. I have the letter teammates sent me for my last donation and hope to get many more. I think it’s a great charity…. not many have 100% of the money going toward the kids.

MO:)

GBronx
06-20-2003, 12:06 AM
MO!!! I'm so glad you came out of hiding!!!
Peek your nose in more often!!

You said a mouthful, you make a lot of sense and I agree.

Moni and the rest do a great job for us.

I love this Planet!!!

Tony Arata

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away!

Shiner03
06-21-2003, 12:42 AM
I haven't been online much lately, so I'm a little behind...

Moni thanks so much for the info. It's good to know we can always count on you :)

I'm the eternal optimist, I want to concentrate on what we CAN do not what we can't! :D

Teammates is such an honorable organization, it's good to know they are doing whatever it takes to make sure their integrity is not compromised in any way.

Thanks again Moni - Everyone keep up the good works

T

Chris Gaines
06-21-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by TBG
If we must, what we can do is look at the facts.
Fact: We had an auction last year and Teammates supported it and even donated toward it.
Fact: Suddenly and swiftly, they put and end to such fundraisers.

My conclusion: Something must have happened and it must have affected them deeply to move so swiftly and take such a stand.
And so FlutterBy knows:

FACT: That auction Mo speaks of was done by the 'bad apple' she knows nothing about. ;)

thou shouldn't listen to other people's fibs, thou should find out the truth for thouself. Then thou will know for sure. ;) ;)

Jason

Harriet
06-21-2003, 06:01 PM
If I hadn't been at that auction myself, perhaps I wouldn't feel the need to put my 7 cents in... but I was, and have kept my feelings to myself up to now.. Perhaps it's time to own up to them, so here goes:

I thought it was successful on many levels... it raised money for T4K, it gave us a chance to add some things to our Garth collections, it united us as a group, and we got to spend some quality time with each other... that's why it saddens me that T4K felt the need to say it would not authorize any individual or group to conduct further fundraising efforts.... I have to conclude that for all our good intentions, something must not have gone right in the long run...

it seems to me that the comment about seeking the truth was a veiled reference that some have some kind of pipeline to it that others doesn't.. It was also implied that there are lies being bantied about regarding the whole situation... how is one to ascertain "truth" in such a climate when doubts are cast with such a wide net? All I see are people offering their versions of what they deem to be true, either from experience or through the word of trusted individuals... for example, I do not recall having heard anything about ebay or anything about anyone claiming to have something that once belonged to Mrs. Brooks, and I'm sure I'm not the only one... my guess is that it was mentioned to speak to the issue of character and integrity...and to that end, it did it's job... Of course, we would all like to know the reality of the situation, because it leads to the deeper issue: TRUST!!

I donated items to that auction, along with many others... I purchased items at that auction, along with many others... I felt GOOD about what we accomplished there, what I THOUGHT we had accomplished there.... I trusted those intentions... We all know what we believe, either from experience, or through the word of those we trust, which is always subjective.. as I often do in situations like these, I open the box labeled "the music" in search of something to guide me... actually, I do not open it as much as it seems to open itself in such times... here's what flew out this time: "You know failure isn't failure if a lesson from it's learned.. I guess love would not be love without the risk of being burned"... I think it's sad that we were all burned, whatever the reason...

Harriet

Chris Gaines
06-21-2003, 06:04 PM
Exactly Harriet,

Thank you for your well worded post. :)
Jason

redstrokes77
06-21-2003, 06:31 PM
Yep Harriet.

deb

Monica Lockhart
06-21-2003, 10:43 PM
Harriet,

To the best of my knowledge, through my conversations with T4K there were no problems with the auction we did at the PG Convention last year.

Moni

Chris Gaines
06-21-2003, 10:59 PM
THAT'S not the auction they talking about

Snow
06-21-2003, 11:25 PM
I agree with Moni's earlier statement. We should stay away from the personal stuff and guessing and just accept their decision and go on. It doesn't seem like it has anything to do with anything PG has done anyway. So maybe we should just let it drop.

Harriet
06-22-2003, 12:39 AM
Jason...
I WAS referring to PG's auction that was held last August at the PG convention... it's the only one I've ever been involved in!
Also, I don't know why you thanked me for my post, since I wasn't siding with you... but I DO appreciate the fact that you thought it was well worded, even though you misinterpreted my words! :)

Harriet

Chris Gaines
06-22-2003, 01:39 AM
I never said you was siding with me... I just said Thanks.. cause it was well worded. LOL

But the post refers to someone that Ran the auctions here before, but no longer comes here, and did another on another site.

Jason

PJ
06-23-2003, 12:51 PM
I'm just now catching up after being away last week and wanted to add my thanks to Monica for keeping us informed on what is going on with T4K.

Harriet
06-23-2003, 04:21 PM
Yes, in my last post I meant to thank Monica for clearing up the confusion regarding T4K's decision and also for the news that PG's auction was fine and T4K didn't have a problem with it...
That was good news! THANKS, MONICA!
hugs,
Harriet

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
06-24-2003, 04:06 PM
I am not looking to air 'dirty laundry' here on the forums, but I am looking for some help. I am TOTALLY LOST as to what you all are talking about, but I get the feeling that the 'certain someone' you've been referring to is someone I've always had a lot of love and respect for, and I would really like to know 'what the deal is.' If someone would be willing to PM me or e-mail me and fill me in on 1)if this person is who I think it is and 2)what the heck y'all are talking about, I would very much appreciate that!!! Thanks.

DeeDee

mountaingirlcrazy4garth@yahoo.com