PDA

View Full Version : Even better LOOKING in person...

Amy S.
06-17-2003, 11:58 PM
Still floating today.... I met Garth on Sunday, Father's Day, and he was so awesome, I thought I was going to die right there. My sister and I were shopping (at OLD NAVY) when this man walked by, and smiled. I knew I recognized him from somewhere.... I gasped when I realized who it was!
Long story short... NO ONE was paying any attention, and my sister and I were able to talk with him, his daughters, and his father, for a while, and got his autogragh. He was absolutely the sweetest guy, and very gracious for talking with us as long as he did. (And can I just say, he is sooo GOOD LOOKING!!)
I have always been a fan, but never thought twice about meeting him. I am so glad that I got the opportunity now!
Thanks for letting me share...
-Amy

ProducerJ
06-18-2003, 12:09 AM
Welcome to the Planet Amy! Thank you for coming here and sharing!

Old Navy, eh? of all the ways I would have thought Garth might have spent Father's Day, shopping wasn't one of them!

We love Garth sightings here at PG. :)
J.

Paula
06-18-2003, 08:47 AM
Very Cool!

Welcome to PG!

Paula

Jen19
06-18-2003, 10:47 AM
that is lets say ..VERY COOL welcome to the planet. Old Navy I love that store :)

very cool .

JEN

GottaB-GB
06-18-2003, 11:22 AM
nice to hear he's doing well....

if I remember correctly....unless I imagined this does anyone remember hearing him say something about Father's Day and basically letting the girls decide what they want to do? I definately remember him saying the girls took him to see Disney's Atlantis for Father's day one year, and how he does what ever they want to do. Anyone else remember this?

perhaps the girls wanted to shop? lol must be taking lessons from someone else we know ;-)

Shelley

Harriet
06-18-2003, 11:32 AM
Don't you just love these little unexpected day brighteners?
I could feel your happiness in your words, Amy... around here we call it being on Cloud 7...
I'm happy you had such a nice visit, and we do appreciate hearing about it... not only can we share in your happiness, but it's always good to hear that all is well in his world...
Joyce, you are right, I would never have thought he'd go shopping on Father's Day, either!

Harriet

GBShameless
06-18-2003, 12:55 PM
Welcome to PG Amy!!!!! Thanks for sharing you Garth Moment :)

Shelley I think I remember hearing that same thing, somewhere, from someone, not sure if it was him or someone else, but I do think I remember that also.

Robin :) :)

Amy S.
06-18-2003, 02:30 PM
Thanks for all of the posts, and Welcome's!
Yes, you could tell that he definitely thinks his girls' "hang the moon". Isn't that funny, when there are so many that think that of him! LOL
What blows me away the most.. he was so down to earth! Wearing jeans, a T-shirt, and tennis shoes, (and no hat what so ever) he was able to just walk around with no one noticing him and the family. I could have easily left the store, still trying to figure out where in the world I knew him from. But when he looked at me and smiled, I about lost it! It was so crazy!! I told him I was going to try and remain as calm as possible, so that we wouldn't attract any attention to him, and he just laughed and said we were fine. Did I mention that he was AWESOME!!?? LOL
If I can, I'll scan the autograph and post it for you all.
Thanks again,
Chat more later... -Amy

Lowell Miller
06-18-2003, 06:34 PM
Amy...that it to cool! :cool: :D :D Garth is a good guy. :D

Amy S.
06-18-2003, 11:19 PM
Just curious... What are GB's daughters names/ages? I didn't really pay close attention, but I don't think any of them favored him in any way. Am I wrong? -Amy

Monica Lockhart
06-18-2003, 11:52 PM
Taylor August and Allie are their names.

Oh my.. I think Taylor is the spitting image of Garth. She's the oldest.

Taylor Mayne Pearl Brooks was born July 8, 1992
August Anna Brooks was born May 3, 1994
Allie Colleen Brooks was born July 28, 1996

Allie to me takes after Sandy. August is a mixture of both.

Hope that helps.

:)

Monica

Garth_FANtasizer
06-19-2003, 09:54 AM
Welcome to PG, Amy and thanks for sharing your Garth moment with us.

You mentioned that your sister was with you. How did she feel about our wonderful Mr. Brooks? Did she get to chat with him too?

It's nice to know Raymond was out and about. Last I heard he wasn't doing to well. He must be feeling better. That's great!

From now on when you go shopping, keep a camera in your purse! :D

~Ann~

GB2PinaColadas
06-19-2003, 01:05 PM
VERY COOL! :) Gotta love Garth sightings!

GBheartandsoul
06-19-2003, 06:45 PM
Amy, welcome to PG! Thanks so much for sharing that with us. Garth is the BEST! If it's okay to mention, what did you all chat about?
I'm really glad you got to meet him and had such a wonderful experience.

I also remember Garth talking about Father's Day. He was asked about it and he said they made him a nice big breakfast and I think his girls told him that their gift to him was that he was taking them to the movies (yes a Disney movie). Anyway, it was cute the way he told it and you could tell that just being with his sweet girls was the best present he could ask for. I know I have this on tape somewhere.

Seira:)

Amy S.
06-19-2003, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the info Monica. I guess I was so shocked to be in the moment, I didn't really pay close attention to the girls. They were cuties though! And yes, Dad was with them, and although he seemed frail, he looked like he was content shopping with the family.
My sister thought I was a NUT! She said, (of coarse after we walked away...) "he's so common, he puts his pants on like everyone else in this store...". But I have always been so enthralled by Hollywood and celebrity's, she knows I'm crazy, and that just meeting a famous person makes my whole week. I told Garth that my husband and I are going to Vegas next week, but that this (meeting him) might top that! LOL
I told him that my 4-yr old daughter heard a song the other day, (it was "Standing outside the fire") and asked if it was Brad Paisley,(I've been on a big Brad kick since seeing him in Tulsa, last Jan.) and I told her it was GB, she said "Oh mommy, I love Garth Brooks, he's my favorite!" But, I had to tell Garth.. She sais that about everyone on the radio, and every song is her favorite! He laughed, and said "Well, you've got a good find in Mr. Paisley, he's a great guy!"
Ok better go, am getting way too long. I could talk about it for ever, and most think I have around here! LOL
Bye for now...

Paula
06-19-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Amy S.
Ok better go, am getting way too long. I could talk about it for ever, and most think I have around here! LOL
Bye for now... Not a chance. We like to hear every minute detail possible. So, if you think of anything else to add, please do.:)

Paula

fuzzwuzz
06-19-2003, 10:30 PM
Amy, thanks for coming here and sharing your joy with us. And I'm glad Garth got to spend Father's Day with his own dad too. :)

I'm going to see mine on the 4th of July knowing at his age, I never know if it could be his last and I intend to make our visit really count. We are thinking of bringing my daughter's family too. And we may just get out shopping to Winn-Dixie or Wal-Mart as usual. :)

Garthfan92
06-19-2003, 10:46 PM
Amy, what a great story! I'm sure you haven't come down from cloud 7 yet! Stick around and you'll find plenty of cool stories of Garth meetings browsing the forums.

Originally posted by Amy S.
"Well, you've got a good find in Mr. Paisley, he's a great guy!"

I think this just made Jen's day! A compliment like that from one fav about another?

Lisa

Jude
06-20-2003, 04:33 PM
What a great Fathers Day treat.

Keep the details coming.

Welcome to PG

Jude

Amy S.
02-22-2004, 12:46 PM
Hey everyone!! It's been a while since I visited, then I got a Birthday e-mail this morning, from PG and thought I'd check out the latest Garth stuff.
2003 was such an awesome year... After all, I did meet Garth, and that alone was enough to last a while! LOL
In October, I met Joe Don of Rascal Flatts, and a week later... Jessica Simpson! I think this will be my mission... there were 3 in '03, now it will just have to be 4 in '04!!!
Hope all of you have a great year... and best of luck in all your 'sightings'!

Amy S.

ProducerJ
02-22-2004, 10:28 PM
Happy birthday Amy! We're glad you came back to us again. :)

Make sure you check out the Garthball forum for all the news on what Garth has been up to lately!

J.

Rooster
02-23-2004, 09:23 AM
Happy Birthday, Amy. Stay and play with us! :)

Krystal

berriffic
02-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Amy
How cool!!! Let me just tell you hearing your meeting with Garth gives me hope! Thursday is my 25th birthday and I couldn't have gotten a better gift than a reminder that I could still have a chance to meet Garth...anytime, anywhere! Thanks sweetie!
<3 ber

Garthmedic
02-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Now that was a cool story. :)

--spud--:)

sandis
02-23-2004, 10:23 PM
That was so awesome Amy!! :)

I have to share this...it's too funny and too much of a coincidence after reading your story not to. :) I was in Old Navy this past weekend. I had been listening to a "mix" cd I made of Garth's and Trisha's songs in the car, before going in the store. Well, they had put out all their St. Patrick's Day merchandise already....one of the things they have is a plain white tshirt with a map of Ireland that just says "Ireland" over it. Coincidence? Hmmm... I just smiled. Thought about getting it, haven't yet. Then I came home and read your story.... :)

Nice to meet you!

Sandi

Amy S.
02-26-2004, 04:16 AM
Too funny, Sandi!
I have to admit... that particular Old Navy holds awful high expectations for me, I can't help but hope every time I go, that Garth will be there! LOL

-Amy

Amy S.
02-29-2004, 11:23 PM
"I want to thank the academy..." (or rather the PG readers...)
hehe
I am so glad I found this site and shared my story, thanks to all that have posted. I have enjoyed reading all of your stories, etc...

Anyone else watching the Oscars?