PDA

View Full Version : How will you be watching the show tonight?

ProducerJ
06-06-2003, 06:45 PM
When I was in college we'd throw a party when a Garth special came on. How do you plan to watch the show tonight? With a friend? All by yourself? With a planet full of people just a click away?

I'm throwing a party. A little different than the ones I used to have though! Delaynie and I frequently have our own little "girl slumber parties." Tonight we'll pull out the sleeper sofa, put on our Scarecrow t-shirts, and order pizza. :)

J.

PJ
06-06-2003, 07:28 PM
I've been sent to my Garth room to watch Inside Fame in peace. :)

allisonv7
06-06-2003, 07:44 PM
I told my friends not to come over till after 9:30...I'm locking the door and watching it in peace. No concentration with a bunch of drunkards around :)

allison.

ProducerJ
06-06-2003, 07:46 PM
Allison don't forget the 30 minute MWL stacked afterwords! Lock the door till 10! :D

See ya after the party!

beckysue59
06-06-2003, 07:48 PM
Alone. Hopefully in peace. I'll let the machine answer the phone. (Even if it's my husband! Hehe!!!) Tonight it's just me and Garth.

Debbie from NZ
06-06-2003, 07:49 PM
Telepathically!

rob6852
06-06-2003, 07:51 PM
And to top it off we don't have CMT on cable around here, just GAC.
SO i have a friend that has DirectTV record it for me!
I'll probably get to watch it sunday.
Can't Wait!!!

Monica Lockhart
06-06-2003, 08:04 PM
I'm watching it now.. in my living room with the TV right in front of me.

:)

Moni

racmac
06-06-2003, 08:14 PM
I'm watching it through my friend here at PG.....

Ok guys its been 15 minutes you all must have something to report ;)

rachael :)

ProducerJ
06-06-2003, 08:26 PM
lots of kid pictures, they're up to Much Too Young. Some video of him in the recording studio, but otherwise, it's just history. Kelly, Bob Doyle, a few friends, Ty, brief Trisha appearance so far.

J.

racmac
06-06-2003, 08:27 PM
Thankyou Joyce :)

ProducerJ
06-06-2003, 08:41 PM
they covered all the women on the road. the line from Ty in the promo about all the girls appeared - in context - and he went on to say something about how he didn't know about Garth's problems cause he had enough of his own. Talked about how word about all the women on the road had gotten back to the wives and how he broke down on stage one night in Missouri and couldn't sing If Tomorrow Never Comes. Tried it twice, finally confessed to the crowd, and then got it out.

We have seen Garth's first tears of the night.

Ty called Friends in Low Places Garth's career record. Lots and lots of photos and videos of awards at this point.
J.

racmac
06-06-2003, 08:43 PM
Your doing great Joyce, thanks for the updates.

GBheartandsoul
06-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Thanks Joyce for the update. I remember Garth talking about that night in Cape Gerado? when David Frost interviewed him. Garth got teary then too and you could see how much he regretted it.

I'm here on the west coast so there's little over 2 hrs to go 'til Garth. It'll just be me and my tv and Garth of course. Can't wait!

Seira:)

ProducerJ
06-06-2003, 08:56 PM
I swore I wasn't going to leave the living room during the show and I wasn't going to watch it with a notepad, but for YOU Rachel, it is my pleasure. :)

SOMEONE get the quote from Garth about the math involved in flying over Texas stadium.... ;)

Ty: "It's easy to be a critic, it's easy to be critical. Go DO what Garth did. And then be critical."

They are skimming quicker over the albums and singles now, completely skipped the Thunder Rolls controversy, and have completely ignored Stillwater - I haven't heard them say the word.

Garth has twice now referred to the "8 year battle" of deciding when to retire, when to hang it up and be a dad.

Something I forgot to mention last time, he gives a lot of credit to opening for Chris Ledoux and seeing the excitement in his stage show, as being what made him realize that the band should have as much fun as the crowd.

J. <--- going to find a notebook

racmac
06-06-2003, 09:01 PM
Enjoy Joyce then come post, your hard work is appreciated.

Snow
06-06-2003, 09:03 PM
I'm watching it alone right now. :D

Ken took all the kids to the movies as I'm still suffering from throwing out my back yesterday.

But so far during the whole show I've not noticed my back and all. So far I think it is just an amazing show. Love it.

ProducerJ
06-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Trisha quote: I knew that if I were to ever let myself care about him in a way deeper than our friendship, I was in huge trouble....

at one point GB was 90% of the bottom line at Capitol. Talked a lot about the struggles with Jimmy and Scott Hendricks, wanting to put Pat Quigley in, didn't get his way.

showed the video of the field with Garth plowed into it

the truth behind the Fan Fair Marathon: label was telling him he'd peaked, he was worried it was over, decided to let the people help him discover if he was over. walked into fan fair unannounced.

Martina "Made my 7 hours look piddly & small."

GB: The whole reason I survived that year is because of a phone call I made to Trisha Yearwood.

He called to ask if he was over. she laughed and told him he was money in the bank.

2nd tears: nervous about Central Park, staying at a hotel across from Central Park, noon came, Sandy couldn't stand it anymore.....

to be continued

ProducerJ
06-06-2003, 09:22 PM
so Sandy came back in and tears are streaming down her face. Garth says - there's no one there is there? Sandy tells him they've shut off 5th Ave. and opened up the overflow seating. This was obviously very emotional for him.

Superbowl got a 39 rating in NYC, Garth got a 50

3 weeks after CP Capitol called and said 'whatever you want.' Quigley was in.
"It was Central Park, it was the people who allowed me to do what I think the music needed."

**CUTE story from Quigley about putting CP together**

3rd tears - Ireland. "They would sing your song so loud, you couldn't hear yourself sing. And they were on pitch!"

spot the quote out of context in the promo: "For some reason, it got out that Garth Brooks wanted to be Chris Gaines."

hmmmm maybe because people like CMT only run the last 7 words of the sentence?

PRINWOO
06-06-2003, 09:34 PM
Okay, my boss thinks I'm nuts, I chose to come home and watch Garth rather then stay at work for the Eagles concert. I'm having a chocolate party for the Garth Special ~swiss rolls, brownies and this ever so addictive things called oreo balls.

jmr

ProducerJ
06-06-2003, 09:37 PM
OMG what an ending! WOW we need to get a full transcript of this interview for the PG archives. I couldn't scribble fast enough once it got to him and trisha.

Ok, where was i?

His mom. Talked about how profoundly it affected him when she died. "My life is as good as it's gonna get with that hole still there."

Footage of the 100 million party. and the retirement PC.

the whole never talked about it thing was explaining why he's welling up so much during the interview. "when you're out there, you don't take the time to talk about it.

Mike Dungan called Scarecrow a "brilliant piece of work."

And then there it was, talking VERY briefly about his work with "Touch 'Em All" that we saw a picture of Adam and Garth at Spring Training, in all his M&M attire. :D:D:D:D:D

PJ
06-06-2003, 09:38 PM
All I can say is You Go John McBride!

The math quote was something like: It doesn't take much smarts to know that flying across a stadium with this big ass can make one long, hard fall.

racmac
06-06-2003, 09:40 PM
I'll be waiting for that transcript Joyce.....and what about him and Trisha ;)

Thanks for sharing it with us who cant see it just yet.

Rachael :)

ProducerJ
06-06-2003, 09:41 PM
This is about where there was too much good stuff for me to write that fast.

Talked about the kids, his role as a dad, being where he needs to be, etc. then Trisha:

"When you see him with them, you know that's NOT just a really cool soundbite."

More from Trisha: Fought it and fought it and fought it for so long.... this is the man. he is the guy. he's it.

I am pretty sure Ann could have told her that a long time ago... ;)

More tears from Garth, can't remember exactly why.

He said the line from the promo about sometimes you marry your best friend and then immediately said he didn't know. then:

"If someone getst to spend the rest of their life with this woman, they are the luckiest guy on earth."

later.....
"I miss touring, I miss making music... I have left something that I love, to do something that I love even more."

I quit writing at that point.

The show ended with The Dance.

PJ
06-06-2003, 09:41 PM
Garth called Trisha his best friend and said some guys are lucky enough to marry their best friend. He said whatever man gets to spend the rest of his life with her is the luckiest man alive.

Teresa Morris
06-06-2003, 09:42 PM
Something bout mass over ass! Gotta luv Garth...and as for John McBride...remind me to send that man something special for JUST BECAUSE U HAD THE NERVE TO SAY IT DAY!! lol

On a side note, besides Adam and Garth, my picture of Colleen from the Atlanta shows was used two or three times, and my "Dirty Garth" pic was used also.

This show just made me realize even more how much I miss that bum.

Teresa

PJ
06-06-2003, 09:43 PM
Joyce - I thought I knew who the special fan was but I didn't recognize who I thought I would. Can ya fill us in on the details now?

BLL
06-06-2003, 09:43 PM
'Well I'm no good at math, but I knew with the mass of this a$$ the fall would be fast and the landing would be hard' (That's a paraphrase- I couldn't stop laughing to get it exactly.) God I've missed that sense of humour.

I think Trisha's comment might finally shut up the 'affair mongers'......and I think she's just might be 'in huge trouble'!!

ProducerJ
06-06-2003, 09:47 PM
PJ - Paige's son Adam was shown with Garth at Spring Training during the part about Touch Em All. Adam was all decked out in a yellow M&M tshirt and M&M shorts. :)

Paige is in Nashville - I met her yesterday! - and Adam doesn't know about it. They are going to watch the show together when she gets home and he's going to get to see himself on tv.
:D

PJ
06-06-2003, 09:48 PM
I was going to ask how you were involved Ms T as I noticed your name in the credits. Thanks for sharing those very special moments with the us!

Thanks Joyce - I was thinking it would be Dakota.

PRINWOO
06-06-2003, 09:51 PM
OMG!
Everyone has to see the last ten minutes of the show, it made me cry.

JMR

allisonv7
06-06-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Teresa Morris

This show just made me realize even more how much I miss that bum.

Teresa

Ain't that the truth :) I'm so glad they did this show....it made me really hear from the horses mouth that he is happy and doing what he wants to do.....I dunno, something about it coming directly from him puts me more at ease.

And I wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do :)

allison.

Teresa Morris
06-06-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by PJ
I was going to ask how you were involved Ms T as I noticed your name in the credits. Thanks for sharing those very special moments with the us!

You know those moments back in the good ole days, they were meant to be shared. Thanks though PJ, very sweet of you.

How I got involved? Wellllll you know, a girl can't give away all her secrets. Seriously, it was just one of them things that was supposed to be that way I reckon.

I know I'm hardly ever around to post anymore but Garth was, is, and always will be a BIG part of my life and my heart...just like all of you.

Hugs,
Teresa

Monica Lockhart
06-06-2003, 10:03 PM
WOW is all I can say! :)

First off, 90 minutes was not enough to wet my appetite and settle my Garth withdrawals but the show was wonderful! I truly enjoyed it!

Watching the concert clips.. man I got Garthbumps! I was reliving the adrenalin rushes that filled my body as Garth would take the stage and captivate our hearts and souls during those 2-3 hour concerts! There will NEVER be another Garth!

Loved John McBride's comment! John, You Rock!!

I really enjoyed the story of the Record Label changes and the fact that we've heard all sides. Found that piece very interesting!

I know I'm going to have to watch this one again and again.

It was soooooooo cool to see Adam!! You're a star big guy!! :)

T..loved seeing your name in the credits! How cool!!!

Now.. give us details on the "dirty" picture! Is that the one where his hair was so long and he looked "rough"?? LOL

Moni

PJ
06-06-2003, 10:07 PM
Or was it the sweaty pic in the muscle T-shirt? ;)

Teresa Morris
06-06-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by PJ
Or was it the sweaty pic in the muscle T-shirt? ;)

Yeppers it was the "Hot n Sweaty" in the muscle tshirt! LOL

THAT was a good day...sigh...

allisonv7
06-06-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Monica Lockhart

Now.. give us details on the "dirty" picture! Is that the one where his hair was so long and he looked "rough"?? LOL

Moni

That's one thing I was really excited about...I got to see a bunch of pictures of when he was younger that I had never seen before:)

ahhh...this just made exam week sooo much more bearable :)

allison.

JRILEY
06-06-2003, 10:24 PM
I cried, is this man amazing or what???? so much emotion...what a strong man, who can tear up, so emotional, so honest, so strong....I sure do miss him....he is one and only.....please come back.

Original GB Fan
06-06-2003, 10:27 PM
Hi Everyone! I know I don't come around and play like I use to and would like to - but just know that Garth is still so dear to my heart that it makes me want to cry (and I do). Seeing this special just brought back all of those deep feelings. I am going through some pretty tough times, but thanks to Garth and his music, they are not quite as bad.

Thanks Garth for being you!

JoAnne :)

Snow
06-06-2003, 10:35 PM
One of my favorite quotes was when he talked about the night when he broke down and told the fans about his problems with Sandy and how they reacted to his honesty and when he finally finished the song they gave them a standing ovation.......

Garth: "It was the day that I realized that there was something there waiting for me with the fans."

Hey Garth....... I know you've got other things to take care of right now. But...... You've STILL got something waiting here with your fans. Always and forever. (((HUGS)))

----------------------------------

Hey Ms. T. I too got a big grin out of seeing your name in the credits! Way to go girl. :D

CMT did a good job this time.

Deb <--- Who is sitting here watching it over again for the second time now that Ken is home and watching it with me.

GBsMydance
06-06-2003, 10:37 PM
I looked forward to this show all week, and it didn't disappoint me.
Once again, I sat with goosebumps and smiles.

It makes me happy to know that Garth is truly happy. How sweet and thoughtful of Garth to commit to this project, and to once again share a piece of himself with us.
Love Ya Garth, all I need is that you know we are so happy for you.

Pam K

tweetyrn
06-06-2003, 10:43 PM
Hi all, I have posted before under nurseyrn but took so long for me to get back I lost my password......I am Adam's nurse and Paige's friend and I taped it on 3 VCR's to have extra copies.....I made Adam's copy without commercials so he doesn't have endure those.......He is feeling good and ready to watch his Garth with mom when she gets back from FanFair.....Adam brought me to Garth and as much as I love Garth, watching Adam watch Garth is a concert in itself.......He still squeals with ALL the tapes like its his first time watching them and this will be the best for him I am sure!!!!!
Love to all!!!!!
Glenda

Snow
06-06-2003, 10:48 PM
Hey Glenda........ when you talk to Adam next, tell him how very proud and excited we all were to see him tonight! And give him a huge PG hug for us too!

Deb

tweetyrn
06-06-2003, 10:53 PM
Adam doesn't know about it.......It's a suprise to share with Mom but after he has seen it I am sure she will post his response :)

BamaGarthFan
06-06-2003, 10:53 PM
GB: "Flying sucked, because..just math ... I'm not that smart of a guy, but I know you take the mass of this a$$, and you put it in the air, that's going to be a long fall and a hard fall, you know?"

That's the exact quote, but you were close anough!!! Anyway, this is my first post here, so I guess this is my intro. I'm Stephanie, from Alabama (well, I'm FROM Texas, but I'm in Alabama), and I'm crazy about Garth. I grew up listening to this guy, and have never gotten over it. He's amazing!

...Stephanie...

Monica Lockhart
06-06-2003, 10:55 PM
We peaked at 56 users online tonight after the show! HOW COOL!!!!!

ProducerJ
06-06-2003, 11:02 PM
Welcome Stephanie! Thank you for providing that quote! Now can you transcribe the last 10 minutes of the show? LOL :)

Hello Glenda - thanks for coming and posting!
J. <--- in good company tonight! waving at the other 44 hanging out at the moment.

ProducerJ
06-06-2003, 11:09 PM
Like Moni, I really enjoyed hearing the full, balanced story of the whole Capitol turmoil. I thought everyone's stories matched up pretty good, and you got Garth's perspective on why it was he moved his muscle around.

The Quigley story was great. He cooked up the Central Park plan and didn't bother to tell the principles. But in 3 steps, it was all taken care of:

Step 1: Go to NY, talk to the Central Park folks. "Hey, I've got Garth, I've got HBO." CP: "we're in!"

Step 2: Go up the street that same afternoon, talk to HBO: "Hey, I've got Central Park, I've got Garth." HBO: "we're in!"

Step 3: Go back to Nashville, tell Garth: "Hey, I've got Central Park, I've got HBO." Garth: "I'm in!"

boppityboo
06-06-2003, 11:22 PM
Just want to thank everyone for keeping us, who are still in a Garth drought, updated. Of course, they didn't show it up here in Canada on CMTCanada. I know we'll get it eventually though. It sounds like an awesome show. Guess, I'll just have to be patient some more. Thanks again, everyone.

Ellie :)

kristen166
06-06-2003, 11:33 PM
I watched and recorded it alone on my brothers gigantic televison, plus it was on and recording in the living room as well.:)

Kristen :)

FlutterBy98
06-06-2003, 11:36 PM
mom and i turned the ringer off on the phone, locked the door, and popped a big bowl of popcorn. i thought it went by really fast, and i learned a bunch about early Garth stuff that i missed out on. i was a little disappointed that they didn't have anyone from outside of country music talking about him though.

Vanessa
06-06-2003, 11:57 PM
I watched it in our guest bed room :)

god and peace,
Vanessa :)

wmcinnis
06-07-2003, 01:50 AM
Thanks all for giving us the details of the show:) I was thinking of all of you tonight....while at the same time I was a little sad I wasn't watching it:( Like Ellie said....I'll just have to be patient some more too.
-Susan-

Briggs7195
06-07-2003, 02:44 AM
I cried so much! Ahhh the memories it brought back. I agree...CMT did good this time :) I loved it because he was so open and honest as usual and the special was just wonderful. It was great getting too see so much Sandy footage cause I love that girl! I did cry a lot though, esp. when he cried. He's the greatest and this show also made me realize how much I miss his cute butt too :)

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
06-07-2003, 03:00 AM
Great Show!!! :)

I could say a million things about it, but...

... you guys have already covered most of it! ;)

There was SOOO much commotion(sp?) around this house, it took me THREE times through it to finally see and hear everything, but it was worth it!!!

You guys KNOW how much I love to transcribe this kind of stuff for ya'll, and I'm DYING to offer to do it again, right now, but I just can't. Not only is it midnight, but I have a horrible headache and two very busy days in front of me. I MIGHT be able to do it on Monday, but I really probably shouldn't, with so much stuff coming up for the rest of next week.

If someone else is truly interested in doing it, go for it, if not, I would love to do it, it just might take a while for me to get it all done, okay?

DeeDee :)

amd-b
06-07-2003, 03:04 AM
Thank you everyone for the updates! I am hoping to see my Garth Angel tomorrow so I can watch it tomorrow night. I am so ready for a Garth Fix!!

Welcome Stephanie - Hope you enjoy Auburn. I had fun when I lived there.

Alexa

Michael 77
06-07-2003, 04:42 AM
Hey,

as I came to the forum this morning I was SO glad to see all the infos and minute by minute updates posted here about the show. It was a great pleasure to read it.

Thanks to Joyce and everyone else for giving us "outstanding fans" the opportunity to take part of that great evening.

I can't wait until my friend send me the tape :D

Thank you guys !

Michael

GBheartandsoul
06-07-2003, 04:53 AM
I absolutely loved it! Like many of you, I cried too and felt a lot of different emotions. I came away with even more respect, love, appreciation and understanding of this very special man. I guess the main thing is that he is truly happy with his life, that it's come together to where things make sense now, and that he's found some peace.

I loved seeing the concert footage too. As I watched the show, I realized just how much I missed him and that there will never truly be anyone like him again. Garth is one of a kind and no one will ever take his place.

John totally rocks for that comment. When he said that I'm thinking Yes! You tell them what they can do!
When they talked about Chris Gaines, I liked the comment that that woman made(she's a biographer). She said something like the press either didn't want to understand Chris or were incredibly stupid. I don't think it was just the press and I'm sure you can think of people like that.
There were other comments too that I can't think of right now.

It was great to see Adam. It's nice to see you posting Ms. T. Didn't notice your name in the credits the first time, but went back to look. Very cool!

The record label stuff was very interesting. I'd heard/read some of it before, but it was nice to have it explained at length and by both sides.

I agree, the ending was really something. Very emotional. There is no doubt how Garth and Trisha feel about one another. When Garth and Sandy divorced I was very sad, but at the same time the idea of Garth & Trisha being together was not something I was against. But I did think that it had to be the right time for both of them and now it seems that time has come. I am so happy for them and wish them the very best. Time will tell if these best friends will take the next step.
Like Deb said, you really see how much being home to be a full time dad to his kids means to Garth. As much as he loves & misses the music and performing, where he is now is where he belongs. Of course, that's not going to stop me from hoping that he will in time(well ASAP) come back to us.

Okay, here is part of the ending we've all been talking about.

Narrator: Another major change that's taken place in Garth's life is his relationship with longtime friend and fellow artist Trisha Yearwood. After Garth's and Sandy's marriage dissolved and Trisha's 5 year marriage to Robert Reynolds ended in 1999, Garth and Trisha decided to explore their feelings for one another more deeply.

Trisha: I knew that if I ever let myself care about him in a deeper way than just being a friend, I was in huge trouble. I knew I would fall madly in love with him and it would be all over and there would be no turning back. So I fought it and fought it and fought it for so long then I finaly said okay let's jump in and see what happens.

Narrator: Cautiously exploring the relationship Trisha divides her time between Nashville & Oklahoma. Her career is still very important to her, but so is her relationship with Garth.

Trisha: This is my opportunity to be happy. This is the man. If I can..if I can have..if I can make it work and have it all then this is the guy. He's, he's it, he's you know..I I feel like I've known him my whole life and I feel it's it's the right place for me to be.

Garth: Trisha Yearwood is her own woman. Her future is her own future. I don't know if that will ever change with her. I can tell you this that she is MY BEST FRIEND and sometimes people marry their best friends. I don't know..I can tell you this. If someone gets to spend the rest of their life with that woman, he is the luckiest man on the planet.

Narrator: Even though he is officially retired, Garh Brooks' story is far from over. Just barely into his forties and semingly content with his accomplishments and his journey to this point, he approaches his life today as he always has: firmly establishing his goals, following through with great devotion on his own terms.

Garth: I have done what I said I was going to do. I've moved home to take care of my babies. I'm very proud of that. I miss touring. I miss making music. I don't think anybody wouldn't, but the great thing about the situation is that I'm in..I have left something that I love so dearly to go and do something that I love even more. So my life is pretty good right now and with the exception of the loss of my mother, possibly the happiest I've ever been. My children have a lot to do with that. Miss Yearwood has a lot to do with that and now when I pass a mirror and I look in it I don't see somebody that I don't know. I don't see somebody that is only a result of what the industry allows them to be. I see a man who knows what his priorities are and I see a man who knows what his job is and only my children can answer this, but I hope I see a man who is doing his job.

(Ending credits rolling on one side. Inset-Central Park/Garth singing "The Dance")

ProducerJ
06-07-2003, 10:49 AM
OH MY GOODNESS SEIRA! YOU ARE AWESOME!

When I was talking about getting a transcription, I meant buying one from a transcription company, I didn't expect someone to type all that out. You made me cry this morning - and I didn't cry when I watched it.

Hugs & Heartpats to you!
Joyce

Steven75407
06-07-2003, 12:05 PM
Did you guys see that one black-and-white photo of Garth as a college athelete, with the beard and long hair? Garth looked just like a young Travis Tritt when he first started. And Ty England looked different with his '70's hairdo.

lee512w
06-07-2003, 01:19 PM
I figure I'll put my 7 cents worth in....

I found myself laughing at some parts and shedding tears at others during the hour and a half. I believe that only 90 minutes dedicated to this man was too little,but thankful for what CMT did give us after the last few years of basically nothing.

I really would be interested what the final viewer total was for the show and noticed that they have added another viewing on the 18th as well,bringing the total of to 6 times it'll be shown. Can't get enough of a good thing,I always say!! :D

Leelee

Garthfan92
06-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Great to see you around, T! We miss ya!

I thought the show was great, although not nearly long enough to cover everything. I do wish Garth wouldn't doubt himself as a father. I think he's probably 10 times the dad he'll ever think he is.

I'll have to re-watch the show, as I was over watching it with my mom and did miss some things here and there. At least she has CMT so I could see it! I will say one thing though. John McBride hit the nail on the head! YOU ROCK, pal!

Lisa

ProducerJ
06-07-2003, 03:46 PM
I am planning to see John and Martina tomorrow - if there are no objections, I'm gonna tell him there is a Planet full of people who thinks he ROCKS!

J.

Garth_FANtasizer
06-07-2003, 04:25 PM
I think we need new PG t-shirts with John McBrides quote on the back! :D

~Ann~

PJ
06-07-2003, 05:14 PM
Please do Joyce as that was the best quote not from Garth in the show in my opinion!

GBheartandsoul
06-07-2003, 10:23 PM
Joyce, I was more than happy to transcribe it. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. Whether I'm watching it or reading about it, it's definitely emotional. Yes, by all means, please tell John we think he rocks! He expressed rather colorfully what a lot of us must have been thinking at some time. It certainly galls me when critics & other people say that Garth is all about marketing & numbers. I'm not surprised that there will be numerous showings. I have it on tape, but I know I'll probably see all or most of those repeats. It's a wonderful show. CMT did a great job, although I was surprised they didn't cover certain things or covered them very quickly. I wish it had been even longer. Garth's life and career is so full and rich that they easily could have expanded it.

Nadine Overbeck
06-07-2003, 10:29 PM
Wow! Let me say I watched it last night and let me say it blew me away. It was so good to see Garth again! Joyce hope you do tell John and Martina how much we all loved his quete. Miss T. Hello so happy to see you again sure do miss reading what you have to say. Everyone has done such a great job describing it all, Ann I like your idea about the t-shirts. Nadine

Chris Gaines
06-07-2003, 10:39 PM
I think the best quote of the night came from the Biographer.

Patsi Bale Cox "They either didn't want to understand Chris Gaines or they were incredibly stupid"

I vote for the 2nd ;)

Jason

PJ
06-07-2003, 10:41 PM
It's a close #2 in my book.

Chris Gaines
06-07-2003, 10:47 PM
John McBride where are you????????/

I know you come here.. LOL.. and I KNOW You wanna see what Garth's fans have to say about that comment you made?!?!?!?!?!!?

John I must say.. thanks.. You had me rolling with the <Beep> comment! Everyone knew what ya said.. CMT didn't Beep it good enough .. you can still hear it! LOL

Thanks John.. for saying something the fans been saying for years :)

You're da man (#2) that is... LOL

(Off to email John with this link... He'll see it one way or the other LOL)

Jason :)

amd-b
06-07-2003, 11:51 PM
I was able to watch it tonight. (Thanks Stephanie!)
I have to agree with what everyone else said. It is wonderful to see Garth so happy and at peace with where he is right now.
There were a lot of pictures that I hadn't seen before - Thanks Ms. T. Ann I think you are right - it may be time to redesign the PG t-shirt and add John McBride's comment.

I am headed off to watch it again.

Alexa

Chris Gaines
06-07-2003, 11:52 PM
For those that "missed it"

Here is our own Teresa Morris' name in lights :)

If you missed it she is in the "footage" credits

I freeze framed this from my copy of the show I now have on the computer.

So quality isn't totally there.. but you can read it :)

Awesome Teresa.. and I saw one of your photo's of Colleen!! :)

Jason

PJ
06-08-2003, 09:34 AM
I don't know if she posts around here any more, but there's another nutt's name - Bev Kooi. Thanks to all who contributed for helping to make Inside Fame special!

CountryBee
06-08-2003, 04:39 PM
I was able to watch and tape the show in peace. My mom had gone out to a special party and I was home alone to watch Garth. I watched the tape again yesterday afternoon, when I was again home alone. It was very nice to have Garth all to myself and not have to put up with my mom's comments. She doesn't care much for Garth and doesn't like Country Music in general. Although, she did go with me to the Hollywood Bowl for Garth's induction into their Hall of Fame and again to his "Coast to Coast" concert at the Forum. I have given up trying to convert her to a Garth and Country Music fan.
Bee

P. S. I caught CMT's rebroadcast of the ACM awards show just as George Strait started his perfomance. Mom complained, and asked why I wanted to listen to "that whiny, twangy music". Unfortunately, thats the way she thinks of all Country Music, including a lot of Garth's songs.

ProducerJ
06-08-2003, 07:07 PM
I saw John this afternoon and told him he had a new fan club on PlanetGarth. He got kind of embarrassed, said he'd kind of gotten carried away. I asked if he'd seen the show, and he said he did watch it the other night, and he'd forgotten he said all of that until it aired. I told him we all thought he rocked, and appreciated him standing up for Garth.
:D
J.

Garthfan92
06-08-2003, 10:25 PM
Cool, Joyce! He shouldn't be embarrassed. He said something most of us would wish for the chance to. He's lucky to have a voice to do it. I think the best thing for non-believers to see/hear is someone in the industry who really knows Garth and has worked with him come out and say he's the real deal. Just proves what most of us have known all along!

Lisa

no1cowgirl
06-08-2003, 11:08 PM
I'm just catching this for the first time...thanks to the person who gave me the heads up.

Yeah, it's been a long time.

Garthmedic
06-08-2003, 11:40 PM
OMG!!

Hi Krista!

--spud--:)

fuzzwuzz
06-08-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Steven75407
Did you guys see that one black-and-white photo of Garth as a college athelete, with the beard and long hair? Garth looked just like a young Travis Tritt when he first started. And Ty England looked different with his '70's hairdo. On Ty England's promo booth backboard he has some photos with Garth on stage, one from his college days. You can just about make it out in one of my picks I posted at Ty's forum here. Also, Mike and Jason spoke of Garth having tons of photos that were being sorted for what I thought he said was the museum but I kinda figured it had to be for this special too. Loved seeing them as well as the video footage! :)

BLL
06-08-2003, 11:54 PM
Hi KRISTA!!!!!!! Welcome back Girl!!!!

Jason, lol...You'll scare John away!!!!!!:)

John, if you read this, YOU ROCK!!!!

Paula
06-11-2003, 09:57 PM
Thanks everyone for giving those of us who don't get CMT a play-by-play of the show. I can't wait for my copy to arrive so I can watch it.

It's nice to see some of our MIA's posting.

Paula

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
06-12-2003, 01:16 AM
I finally got to watch it (rerun) last night, and enjoyed it very much :) I loved it all! I'm adding my thanks to PJ's...Thanks Teresa, Paige, Harriet and everyone for making it so special, through your pic (and other?) contributions. I just loved seeing the one of Adam in all his m&m attire :)

CC

fuzzwuzz
06-12-2003, 10:09 PM
Just how is Adam these days? Does anyone know?