PDA

View Full Version : When You Come Back To Me Again

ScoobLuvsGarth3
05-29-2003, 02:39 PM
I FINALLY got Scarecrow as a birthday present this year (my parents seem to believe in the policy of "It'll be cheaper after its been out for a while"), and as I was listening, I noticed that the last song is "When You Come Back To Me Again." I've always thought of this song as kinda like a goodbye song, at least ever since I saw "Frequency" and then saw the concert on TV where he dedicated it to our troops before they left for Iraq or wherever. Did yall notice how its also the last song on his last CD? I like to think of it as his goodbye to the fans...but thats just how I see it.
-melissa

ProducerJ
05-29-2003, 02:56 PM
Hey Melissa - Hope you're enjoying Scarecrow!

You know Garth always puts his favorite song very last on the album! At a listening party I went to in Nashville before the album was released he said that The Dance would always be his favorite SONG but that WYCBTMA is his favorite RECORDING he's ever done. :) I agree that it's a message to his fans - not so much a good bye, but a good bye for now.

I wish CMT would play the video with the footage from Coast to Coast.
J.

ScoobLuvsGarth3
05-29-2003, 04:36 PM
Isn't WYCBTMA actually the "rough version" or whatever of the song? i think i heard somewhere (or read) that it was the first recording of the song they did, but Garth felt like since there was so much emotion in it he should go ahead and put it on the record. is that true?
-melissa

ProducerJ
05-29-2003, 05:06 PM
Very good! :) He said (same party) that his engineer Mark Miller normally stresses and agonizes over the mixing of a song for days, but that he put this together in some very short time (like 20 minutes or something, I forget) and played it for him and they went - yep, that's it!

I'm so excited that you're "discovering" Scarecrow Melissa!
J.