PDA

View Full Version : Garth's song was played at my Senior Prom

GB2PinaColadas
05-11-2003, 07:50 PM
Whoo hoo! You betcha I was glad! :) I was sitting at the table with my date, and I heard "Friends in Low Places" starting to play and I just got up and told my date to come on, that the song was MY song, and so we went on the dance floor and everybody SANG the entire song, so did I, I was having a blast, we were holding arms to arms in a big group of circle, and everytime we came to the line "And I think I'll slip on down to the osasis" - Everybody screamed the word "osasis"!! I think I got a bit too loud, haha.. but hey! ;) That's ONE of the things I will never forget about my Senior Prom! "Friends in Low Places" is our song, I think, maybe it'll be our graduation song, who knows.. I'll have to find out, but everybody in my class is CRAZY for that song..

wmcinnis
05-11-2003, 11:38 PM
There's nothing like a Garth song to make a good night even better:)
You just gotta get loud when you hear that song....it's a must;)

My neice graduated a few years ago and during the graduating ceremony they sang,"The River." It was a very appropriate song choice and a really nice touch to the ceremony.
-Susan-

unccstephanie
05-12-2003, 11:10 AM
That is so cool!! Friends in Low Places was also played at my prom and of course everyone got just a little bit louder when it came on.

The River was my class song last year. The lyrics are really appropriate for that point in your life. Two of my best friends performed it at graduation and that was the only time I cried during the whole ceremony.

gb*ty*girlie
05-12-2003, 12:19 PM
ok, so apparently my school does suck as much as i thought it did...down here in south florida, we don't even get a britney spears song played at prom-it's all rap, hip-hop, and reggae...i would kill for our class song to be anything besides that vitamin-c graduation song...grrrr...y'all are so lucky you got a garthy prom...and *the river* as a class song...so not fair!!! i'm so deprived...*sniff* :(( but i only have 4 more days, so i'll get over it... ok, i'll end the rant now...thanks for listening!!!

~kati~
(wishing she had a non-lame senior class/school)

GB2PinaColadas
05-12-2003, 12:20 PM
That's awesome that you guys had "the river" as your class song(s)!! I intend to find out what our class song is for graduation, so I will try this week and see if they have one or not!! After all I am done with school in 10 days!! I really hope to God they pick "The River".. they just have to! haha! It's one of my songs and it's just the PERFECT one for them to use! Ha, I need to work on my "Garth magic" on them! ;)

Aww don't feel bad, girl!! I know a few people who never had a country song or a GOOD choice for a graduation song..

GarthDreamer77
05-12-2003, 03:19 PM
Hey Everybody,

My prom was on April 5th this year :eek:, which is very early.

The decerations were Great,and the DJ played all types of music.
During the 1st hour I went up to him and requested "If Tomorrow Never Comes" ,which he played along with the Video showing in the background.:D

Then at the end of the prom when everybody was starting to head out the DJ closed with "The Dance".:D
It was so :cool: to see all the couples come out and dance during these two songs and also to see the guys singing these songs to their girlfriends or dates.

AND "YES, I Was Singing & Dancing During These Songs!"

My date for the night was kinda strange because it was a blind date ,but I still had a Blast.

Kati & GB2PinaColadas:
My school doesn't get out until May 30th. :mad: So I still have 14 more days.

Also when I was a freshman in high school they palyed "The Dance" on our Fall Sports Highlight Film for the football team.It was so touching yet sad because that year we almost made it to State.

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~

Vanessa
05-13-2003, 03:16 PM
I get outta school come may 20th at 12:30pm ;)

I met a very sweet guy at my Jr./sr prom and we danced to "The Dance".. ahh the memories :D

god and peace,
Vanessa :)