PDA

View Full Version : Garth Brooks Set list

rhale2002
05-08-2003, 09:38 PM
Hello all......

I am interested in finding out what the set lists were for all of Garth's Tours. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I have searched the internet and can't find anything. It's funny because I have found all sorts of weird Garth facts but I can't find this....

Thanks
Ray

PJ
05-09-2003, 09:22 AM
This may be a bigger task than you expect because the set list seemed to change every night of the tour. I know I saw Garth 4 nights in Tampa and the set list was not the same any of the nights. There might be a basic set list but each night had different additions.

Garthfan92
05-09-2003, 05:46 PM
I don't think you'll ever find one! As PJ said, it changed every night. There were songs that were always included, and usually in about the same order. Quite a few were just what Garth felt like playing that night though.

Lisa

Harriet
05-10-2003, 10:33 PM
I kept set lists for every show I ever saw, except for Dallas, but those were the first real shows I ever saw and I didn't know what I was doing yet, lol.... by the time Tampa rolled around I was great at juggling signs and writing in the dark... ahh for the old days!
I will be happy to help with the shows I saw... you want me to post it here?

Harriet

rhale2002
05-10-2003, 11:17 PM
Could you please?

Thanks Harriet!!!!

Harriet
05-11-2003, 02:17 PM
No, I don't mind at all, but I might get lost in a memory or two, or 7777!

This was opening night at the Alamodome in San Antonio...

The Old Stuff
Rodeo
Beaches of Cheyenne
2 of a Kind
Shameless
Papa Loved Mama
The Thunder Rolls
We Shall Be Free
Unanswered Prayers
The River
2 Pina Coladas
That Summer
Callin' Baton Rouge
Long Neck Bottle
In Another's Eyes
Walkaway Joe
Fever
FILP
The Dance
Ain't Goin Down
American Pie

Gotta go for now... I'll post additional shows asap...
in the meantime, you can program your own set list on your cd player!

Harriet

Harriet
05-12-2003, 08:19 AM
This show blew away the previous night's show! I know it's hard to imagine, but imo, the opening night in a city was always a little reserved... with each night, the show got stronger...
I was fortunate enough to be able to see all the shows in San Antonio.. a combination of factors: Easter recess here in NY and cousins who live in San Antonio who were nice enough to put up with me for 10 days! I took them to 2 shows.. they had never seen Garth before so it was nice to initiate them...

The Old Stuff
Rodeo
Beaches
2 of a Kind
Shameless
Papa
Much Too Young
The Thunder Rolls
We Shall Be Free
Unanswered Prayers
(intro of Colleen and Raymond)
The River
That Summer
Callin' Baton Rouge
AHBA
In Another's Eyes
Walkaway Joe
She's Gonna Make It
Fever
FILP
The Dance
Ain't Goin' Down
Night Moves
Wild Horses
Long Neck Bottle
(Steve Wariner)Holes in the Floor of Heaven
2 Pina Coladas

Harriet

Harriet
05-12-2003, 08:32 AM
For this show, Steve Wariner was the opening act instead of Trisha.. as I recall, Trisha had to be somewhere else, she wasn't sick... regretably, I didn't keep a set list of Steve's set... it was only later in the tour that I started keeping Trisha's set list..

The Old Stuff
Rodeo
Beaches
2 of a Kind
Shameless
Thunder
Papa
WSBF
That Summer
Unanswered Prayers
The River
Callin' Baton Rouge
Long Neck Bottle
What I Didn't Do (with Steve)
Fever
FILP
The Dance
Ain't Goin' Down
a medly of George Strait songs: Blame It on Mexico, The Honkey Tonk Downstairs, 80 Proof Bottle of Tears
Much Too Young
2 Pina Coladas
American Pie

Harriet

Harriet
05-12-2003, 02:49 PM
For me, this was one of those shows that always sticks in your memory... definitely one of my personal favorites! it was the 7th show I saw, and it was on the 17th, so the 7's were in the air, lol... This was the only night I was down on the floor... 12th row, left...I had one of my cousins with me... he was very impressed, lol!

The Old Stuff
Rodeo

Beaches (made it to the stage to deliver a batch of cookies.. security wanted me to leave it on the stage, me but garth crooked his finger and they waved me through so I could meet him at the side of the stage... Such power in one little finger, lol)

2 of a Kind
Shameless
Papa
Thunder
WSBF
Unanswered Prayers
You Move Me
The River
That Summer
Callin' Baton Rouge
Long Neck Bottle
In Another's Eyes
Walkaway Joe
Fever
FILP
The Dance
Ain't Goin' Down
Turn The Page
Much Too Young
2 Pina Coladas
American Pie

Harriet
05-12-2003, 03:07 PM
Garth did 2 shows on this date... afternoon and evening...
afternoon I was behind the stage, 5th row... evening I was way back on the curve of the arena with both my cousins...

I have Trisha's set list as well... it was the same for both shows:
A Perfect Love
X's and O's
She's In Love With The Boy
Wrong Side of Memphis
The Song Remembers When
Everybody Knows
That's What I Like About You
How Do I Live?

Aternoon Show:
The Old Stuff
Rodeo
Beaches
2 of A Kind
Shameless
Papa
Thunder
WSBF
Unanswered Prayers
TMYFML
That Summer
Callin' Baton Rouge
Long Neck Bottle
In Another's Eyes
Walkaway Joe
The River
Fever
FILP
The Dance
Ain't Goin' Down
The Change (for a friend's sign)
Piano Man
Wild Horses
2 PC
If Tomorrow Never Comes
Wild World (yes, the Cat Stevens song... AWESOME, is all I can say!)
American Pie

Evening Show:
The Old Stuff
Rodeo
Beaches
2 of a Kind
Shameless
Papa
Much Too Young
Thunder
WSBF
If Tomorrow Never Comes
The River
2 PC
Callin' Baton Rouge
Long Neck Bottle
In Another's Eyes
Walkaway Joe
That Summer
Fever
FILP
The Dance
Ain't Goin' Down
Piano Man
Mrs. Robinson
Unanswered Prayers
American Pie

That's all the San Antonio shows... next city I went to was Nashville... if there's interest, I'll post more... let me know...

Harriet

rhale2002
05-12-2003, 07:27 PM
WOW!

Man, I wished I had seen those shows!!!! I really enjoyed reading the reviews! Thank you for posting them! I am looking forward to some more!!!!

Thanks!

Ray

Harriet
05-13-2003, 11:15 AM
Ray, I wish you could have seen the shows too! I think about that a lot, how so many people who would take that ride, can't now...
Well, since you encouraged me to continue, here are the set lists from 2 of the 3 Nashville shows... Fri and Sat. of Mother's Day weekend... it was one of the craziest Garth weekends ever, as anyone who was there can attest to! We blew the roof off the arena!
And the bonds of friendship that were formed then have gotten stronger over the years... that is what will always remain special about the Nashville shows for me... btw, has anyone seen my sixhooters? LOL (I wonder who still gets that?) Here's how important it was for us to be there: I was literally guilted into going in a heated chat one night.. "it's Nashville, that town needs to see us out in force, so many of us are making the trip, we need to all be together", yada yada...THANK GOD I listened! and a friend of mine, who had resisted temptation, gave in at the last minute (36 hours before I was leaving) and literally took planes, trains and automobiles to get to there, without tickets to any of the shows... she totally went on faith, which of course, is what believers do...plus, she beat me into town by 4 hours! it was a magical weekend, that's for sure...my first trip ever to Nashville... first time to see the gates... man, I remember it like it was yesterday!

Fri. May 8, 1998

Trisha's set changes slightly... she took out Everybody Knows and put in There Goes My Baby in it's place...

The Old Stuff
Rodeo
Beaches
2 of a Kind
Shameless
Papa
Thunder
WSBF
Unanswered Prayers
That Summer
Callin' Baton Rouge
AHBA