PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Beats Garth

gbkubfan
04-25-2003, 03:57 PM
>>On the main Hot 100, "God Bless the U.S.A." opens at No. 4. That's the highest new entry since the chart rules changed in December 1998 to allow airplay-only tracks to appear on the tally. The only other songs to debut inside the top-10 since Dec. 12, 1998, are "Lost in You" by Garth Brooks as Chris Gaines and "Get Over Yourself" by another TV show-inspired outfit, Eden's Crush, from the first season of "Popstars." "Lost in You" entered at No. 5 the week of Sept. 11, 1999, and "Get Over Yourself" opened at No. 8 the week of March 31, 2001.<<

Snow
04-25-2003, 08:28 PM
Well as there are only the very few that have accomplished it so far...... there will be more in the future..... and as Garth isn't doing much of anything, there will be countless others to beat him in the future. :( Then again, it would be pretty sad if no one ever did well enough to do it ever again huh? That would mean music is dead. I'm glad it's not! :D

AI's version of "God Bless America" was pretty spectacular too. Joshua Gracin may have tanked on his performance this past Tuesday... but he was FANtastic on "God Bless America" and the others were great in their parts on it too. This one deserves a high place on the charts. :D

You just know though.... that if Garth ever did a "come back album" it would blow everything off the charts! :D :D

GottaB-GB
04-28-2003, 09:18 AM
Well considering the state of the US now....I'm not surprised a patriotic song would score so high. I sure do wish Capitol would release something.....we know G over-cut for Scarecrow and we know there is a lot more "Stuff" somewhere....

now...how to pry it outta Mr. Dungan's hands....hmmmmm