PDA

View Full Version : Not Playing Lost in You on AfterMidNite

Cheryl
07-27-1999, 09:37 PM
I sent the radio program "AfterMidNite" an e-mail request for Lost In You......and this is the reply I received from them:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>they don't want country radio playing it, so they haven't sent us a<BR>copy.<P>sorry.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I find this to be really odd......especially since some of you have said that you've already been hearing it on your country stations. And I heard it myself on that country station in New York when it was up as the challenge of the day. So, why then, would "AfterMidNite" not get a copy? Very strange. Anybody else out there listen to this program?N

Chris_Gaines
07-28-1999, 03:31 AM
Maybe it's one of the SIX "Lost In You" Promo's that are up for grabs on eBay..<P>Maybe they have a crooked DJ...<P>I just can't believe people are paying 60 BUCKS for a CD that they can get in ONE month.. but hey... it's their money. LOL<P>Jason :)N

dj
07-28-1999, 04:41 AM
Well I called 2 different radio stations here where I live, one is a country station and one is adult contemporary. I tried the pop station first and the guy said they do not have the song. He didn't even sound like he knew what it was about! So then I tried the country station this guy at least knew what I was refering to, but he didn't know if they had it yet! All I've been able to hear is the downloaded clip from the web site. Which hearing it on the computer does not do any song justice! I guess I will just have to wait and buy the single.<P>Just a question about ebay auctions, are most of the items auctioned off with the proceeds going to a charity? just curous.<BR>djN

BigGfan4life
07-28-1999, 05:31 AM
Nope, sorry to say nothing on Ebay goes to charity unless it is specified in the item/payment description. I checked out all 6 CDs and it looks like somehow some greedy people got ahold of them and are trying to see how much they can get people to pay for them. :(<P>About the AfterMidnite thing...my country station (Cat Country 96) has played it 2 times that I know of, and Y107 is actually playing it pretty often from what I hear. Wasn't on one of those articles from chrisgainesfans.com that Garth said they shipped them to country stations but told them that they didn't have to play it if they didn't want to?? I think I read that somewhere. But tell your station that other stations are playing it and see what they say. N

Cheryl
07-28-1999, 06:01 AM
I sent AfterMidNite another e-mail, in response to the reply I got. Seems they changed their tune about not getting a copy, but not about playing it. :( <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>the deal is that Capitol & Garth are relasing this music as "pop" radio music<BR>- so it's kind of up to out Program Director to decide If we are going to play<BR>it.<P>Cheryl Warning wrote:<P>&gt; Thanks for your reply. I have heard from others (via the internet) that<BR>&gt; they are hearing the song on their COUNTRY stations......so I assumed that<BR>&gt; you too would have the song. Thanks anyway.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; After Midnite wrote:<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; they don't want country radio playing it, so they haven't sent us a<BR>&gt; &gt; copy.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; sorry.<BR>&gt; &gt;<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>For anyone who gets this program.....they do have an 800 number and will take request....maybe if enough people request it, they will give in. 800/722-6483. The program runs 12 midnight to 6 AM.N

redstrokes77
07-28-1999, 07:47 AM
Imagine my surprise when I saw an e-mail from my local country station LOOKING for an MP3 for Lost In You! He said that they didn't have a copy and it's suppose to be the "most listened to country sation in CANADA"!N

honky
07-28-1999, 11:28 AM
Ok, guys, this is what I thought. First of all, I think the radio stations (doesn't matter if they are country or pop) can either BUY the single from the label or RECEIVE the single from the label. Yes, that means, maybe those country stations, which have played "Lost in You", bought the single for themselves. And it's their choice to play the music. As far as most country stations, they choose not to play the song because it's "POP"; therefore, they don't want to buy the single..<P>It's just my 7-cents in this<P>TommyN

honky
07-28-1999, 11:28 AM
Ok, guys, this is what I thought. First of all, I think the radio stations (doesn't matter if they are country or pop) can either BUY the single from the label or RECEIVE the single from the label. Yes, that means, maybe those country stations, which have played "Lost in You", bought the single for themselves. And it's their choice to play the music. As far as most country stations, they choose not to play the song because it's "POP"; therefore, they don't want to buy the single..<P>It's just my 7-cents in this<P>TommyN

Chris_Gaines
07-28-1999, 12:29 PM
BigGfan4life<P>Yep.. it is on the chrisgainesfans site..<P>Capitol Records shipped the CDs on July 12th i believe to all AC, all Top40, and all Country Radio stations.<P>The ones that went to Country Stations.. had a note.. basically saying.. "You don't have to play this on your station... but this is "Garth's new project for the movie"<BR>or somewhere along those lines...<P>Jason :)N