PDA

View Full Version : Another Garth mention on American Idol

Snow
04-08-2003, 09:38 PM
Well Joshua Gracin came back tonight. He knocked out a rendition of Amazed that was great!

Lionel Richie is the guest artist and he said: "Look out Garth Brooks. The Marines have landed!"

You can definitely tell that Joshua is a Garth fan... he has so many of his mannerisms... the heart pat... even much of his vocalizations. You can really tell that he FEELS the song.

Great job Josh.... Keep it up!

wmcinnis
04-08-2003, 11:44 PM
That was so cool when Lionel said that:)
Country is definitely Josh's genre, that's for sure:)
-Susan-

Vanessa
04-09-2003, 08:16 PM
thars very cool news deb :)

god and peace,
Vanessa :)

Snow
04-09-2003, 10:47 PM
They voted off Ricky tonight. :( He's so sweet it was sad to see him go.

They repeated the Garth comment tonight when they talked about Josh. He looked both flattered and embarrassed.... so cute. :) I think he was honored to be mentioned in the same breath with Garth.

He's NOT Garth... but he's got the heart and the potential to be his own person/performer. You can certainly see Garth's influence.

Wouldn't it have been great if Garth would agree to be a guest judge? Then again, I'd be afraid Josh would faint. *lol*

wmcinnis
04-12-2003, 08:45 PM
I didn't get to see who got voted off, as I was watching the hockey game and forgot all about it.
I'm kinda of surprised to see him go before a few others:o

That would be so cool to have Garth as a judge. I don't know how he'd got on with Simon though:eek:
-Susan-

GB2PinaColadas
04-13-2003, 12:09 AM
I watched that.. when I heard Loniel say that, I said "Mom, did you hear that?!" hehe :) I agree with what you all have said about Josh, he's definitely COUNTRY.

gitm4me
04-15-2003, 11:01 PM
Tonight's theme should have been "Garth & Billy Joel"!!!
First, Kimberley Locke sang "New York State Of Mind" and then when Josh Gracin came up, in his pre-song interview he said "I'm singing Piano Man, because most people would expect me to sing Shameless because Garth Brooks re-made it..."

Any way to continue to remind people of The Man is fine with me!!!

In my honest opinion I have to say that Kimberley really cooked tonight, but unfortunately I thought Josh was just so-so.

Gail =)

Paula
04-15-2003, 11:17 PM
I had to tape it 'cause I was busy with my brother who just bought a WebCam with a microphone and he was trying to see if I could see and hear him (couldn't see him 'cause I didn't have XP, but I could hear him). Going out to get one for myself this week.:)

I'm about to go offline so I can watch the tape and be ready for the results tomorrow night. Now it would have been interesting to see Josh do Shameless!

Paula

Snow
04-16-2003, 12:15 AM
I loved the Garth reference too! :)

I truely would have loved to hear him sing Shameless as well, but I really understood why he didn't. With all the Garth-talk with connection to him, he doesn't want to be taken as a Garth-wannabe. Still Garth's style is written all over him.

I thought he did really well considering how hard "Piano Man" is as a song. Even Billy Joel said that with all of the changes in the song it would be hard and the judges complimented his range as well.

Reuben was still very good, though I agreed with Simon that he needs to change it up some.

Clay did very well too... but he's also struggling against getting into a rut.

I voted for Reuben, Clay, and Josh (no particular order).

Kimberly Caldwell was good but she still reminds me of someone singing in a Branson show.

The other Kimberly did a great job with "New York State of Mind"... but I just dont like her. Maybe it's her personality, I dont know. I have the same feeling about Treynice. She's a good singer... I just dont like her.

I think Carmen was the worst tonight. The song wasn't good for her and her voice wasn't too great either.... AND WHAT WAS SHE WEARING?!

allisonv7
04-16-2003, 12:26 AM
I was disappointed that noone did Uptown Girl...:(

I really enjoyed Clay's performance tonite, he's been my favorite from the beginning, as well as Josh...but I haven't really enjoyed him too much lately.

allison.

garthgirl50
04-16-2003, 05:58 AM
I just love Josh. I think he did a great job on Piano Man although I would have loved to hear Shameless. My man Rueben was awesome as usual as was Clay. I also loved Kimberly Lockes version of New York State of Mind. We will see but bottom three for me were Kim C, Carmen, and Trynese.

Lowell Miller
04-16-2003, 07:26 PM
Josh did good ... Kimberly L did Great! Ruben was good ... I'm afraid Carmen may go tonight. I hear Kim C. is a bully and bullies Carmen. I think I heard that on Good Day Live.

...for some reason I just can't see Clay as the winner. But it will be him or Ruben. They say the have to keep all the Ruben and Clay fans separate from the others ... there are just so many of them.

gitm4me
04-16-2003, 10:38 PM
I am still in shock that America chose Carmen over Kim Caldwell....I thought for sure after last night's performance Carmen had signed her own ticket home. Oh well...goes to show that everyone in the world has completely different taste!

I for one am voting for Kimberley Locke and Clay Aiken. I like Ruben too, but I agree with Simon last night - he needs to stop singing Barry White-ish songs.