PDA

View Full Version : song of the week for 4/7/03: Dont Cross the River

Vanessa
04-07-2003, 02:45 PM
am I the only one who doesn't get this song? lol.. I think it's about garth and sandy's divorce.. but thats me..

any other takers??

I LOVE the fiddle and harmonica.. provided by terry and jimmy ;)

is there a banjo in there someplace too?

god and peace,
Vanessa :)

ProducerJ
04-07-2003, 04:45 PM
Hey Vanessa - this song is probably older than you, LOL. It was first done as Garth heard it as a bluegrass song. The group was (I'm gonna mess this up I know it...) Doyle, Lawson & Quicksilver or something along those lines, and later covered by America.

Lyrics for the song can be found here. (http://planetgarth.com/lyrics/dont_cross_the_river.php) I haven't thought it to be a divorce related song, but more of a "the grass isn't always greener on the other side" sort of thing.
J.

fuzzwuzz
04-07-2003, 08:17 PM
I just noticed today that this song is on the copy of America's greatest hits that my husband just bought. I was gonna listen today but I'm watching and taping the CMT Flameworthy Awards instead, thanks to you Vanessa! I'm having a blast! I don't know when it was I had this much fun with the music, the fans, and the people who take care of us. :)

wmcinnis
04-07-2003, 10:43 PM
I love the banjo in this song:)
What I get from reading the lyrics to this song closely is a girl who's afraid of committment and settling down.
You know sometimes how your so busy listening to the tune and instruments in a song that you don't really listen closely to the lyrics.....you sing along with them but it doesn't really register, that's how I am with this song.....the foot just starts tapping and away I go;)
-Susan-

Vanessa
04-07-2003, 11:09 PM
dale- you're welcome.. keith did win in *any* categoty :(..but he did present an award.. but thats another thread! ;)

Susan~you and I think a like.. ;) Im never listening to the lyrics I just sing along with the music..

god and peace,
Vanessa :)