PDA

View Full Version : Reply to the Toby Forum

BrooksFan
04-07-2003, 12:00 PM
I usually don't post unless I see something that really upsets me but this Toby stuff has been a thorn in my side ever since, in my opinion, country music has turned into a bad version of pop. CMT is nothing but a rip off of MTV and MWL is just a bad spin off of TRL. And when did freaking Trashy Pam Anderson join the country music scene or shall I say the glam country scene. Now I'm not talking about all the greats out there like George Jones and George Strait that are still making great music. But I remember when Toby sang real country songs like "I Wish I Didn't Know Now What I didn't Know Then" boy was he ever right. This "Who's Your Daddy" crap is a joke. It may be a catchy tune but so are many pop songs. It's called ear candy and anyone out there who thinks that Toby should get more air time than Garth or is better that Garth should be shot. I personally don't blame Garth for retiring or taking a break or whatever it is that he is doing. In my opinion when Garth decided to chill from music all he was saying to the industry was I'm not gonna be your slave. Well it sure didn't take Toby much time to decide he would be because he is by far the biggest industry slave I've ever scene. It probably sickens Garth to turn on the TV and not be able to tell if he's watching MTV or CMT.

jturtels
04-07-2003, 12:48 PM
:applause:

I agree with most of your comments...I can't stand Toby Keith. He's cocky and a bad representation of country music. Do I think he sings pop? Umm...I don't really think so. I can't really picture "Who's your daddy?" on a pop station. The TITLE sounds like the title of some Nelly Song or something...but...that's the only pop association I can see. As far as Pam Anderson goes, I think CMT is just trying to be different, and get some viewers. They pretty well make it sound like the Flameworthy's are the party to be at of the year, so I think that the Pam Anderson is just to be a little different.

I go back to the pop thing...remember when Garth came out?? What did they say about him?? Just a thought...

JRILEY
04-07-2003, 08:16 PM
I can not stand Toby Keith, in my opinion he is a sell-out, period.
I have heard from people whom I think probably know, that his character is not all that good. And I can tell you from personnal experience, from a couple of free concert tickets, that even if they are offered again...FREE... I will not go...BORING.

fuzzwuzz
04-07-2003, 08:34 PM
I love all the country artists who take care of the music, all because of Garth, or should I say, that "pop" guy Chris Gaines. I love them and am willing to forgive their faults because they are like family to me because of Garth. Can't speak for the industry itself, but I will defend my family as like my own.

So. Are any of you enjoying the CMT Flameworthy Awards right now?

This time I'll be ready when love comes around ~Alan Jackson

kristen166
04-07-2003, 09:40 PM
Garth is poppy and I like Toby, so I have nothing to say.:)

I like em both.:)

Kristen:)

wmcinnis
04-07-2003, 10:23 PM
I also have to agree with alot of your comments, but as far as Toby sounding POP, I don't hear that. Although I try my damdest not to listen to him, what I hear is not POP.

I just finished watching the Flameworthy Awards and I can tell you, I've had my fix of Toby for a lifetime:-&
-Susan-

NewestGBFan
04-07-2003, 10:31 PM
Toby's lost a lot of weight. I thought he looked good tonight. I like most of his music, as most of you know. I haven't liked some of the things he's said lately but I forgive him, just like Natalie. It's all about the music.
Elaine

ProducerJ
04-07-2003, 10:47 PM
Are they over? I totally missed them. :rolleyes:

I'm sure CMT will re-run them to death.
J.

TrishaNGarthFan
04-08-2003, 01:01 PM
I somewhat agree with you Brooksfan, but I don't see Toby sounding pop. He's country to me. And I love Toby. It was great he sang "The fightin' side of me" and "Courtesy of the Red white and blue." I think he did a great job on both. I don't care for Pam Anderson either and I think they've used her to try and draw the mainstream into country. I just wish they'd at least make the country award shows respectable and more country-like. I would much rather have seen multiple co-hosts, or someone like Terri Clark host the show, who IMHO is hilarious. I think Toby did good hosting, but Pam? She didn't win me over at all.

Sue