PDA

View Full Version : What the......another bootleg on eBay?

Garth2Gaines
03-14-2003, 04:45 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3316668724&category=2303

Either someone has too much time on their hands or Capitol has been keeping secrets from us again....

dwayne

GottaB-GB
03-14-2003, 05:26 PM
This DVD IS fake....and it's been reported to GBM and Garth's legal people.

kizzy12
03-14-2003, 06:04 PM
I have the tape of that...It is really good. Garth Brooks does shameless fantastic in that video. It has a lot of good footage with his wife talking and band members and crew stage. I don't know if the dvd is real, I've never heard of it being on DVD, but if you guys don't have the tape, you should go and buy it.

GottaB-GB
03-16-2003, 10:30 AM
The DVD is 100% fake.....you're right the video is great. How can it not be...it's GARTH!!!

:)

kizzy12
03-16-2003, 11:15 AM
I believe it is fake to, it has to be. I haven't even heard of it being on dvd

PJ
03-16-2003, 10:29 PM
Anyone know the legitimacy of this item? I assume it's another bootleg.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2516091318&category=1052

twister
03-17-2003, 01:17 AM
Wow. These are easy to create and, possibly, quick cash. Alls you need is some computer equipment and some time. I just wonder if they actually put any time into them? I'll have Garth Brooks Video Collection II on DVD real soon. It's a school project and it's almost finished. Really cool menus and all! But i'd never sell it to anyone because it's not my footage.

Anyways, these could be real DVD's but not official Capitol Records DVDs. Just digital copies of the tapes.

Twister

Ang Lucas
03-17-2003, 10:08 PM
with today's technology, you can now record from a video cassette right onto a dvd. They are very expensive right now.....like about $800. So i can't help to think this is how they done it. Just my thought.

twister
03-18-2003, 12:36 AM
Schools have the technology. My DVD cost me $3 and some time.

CountryBee
03-18-2003, 07:34 PM
You have to be real careful when buying anything Garth related on eBay. Some items are from sellers getting rid of Garth CD's, T-shirts or other authentic merchandise that they no longer want. Most of the items are bootleg copies that the sellers have made or promotional items the sellers have gotten hold of. I collected a lot of Garth stuff on eBay, knowing that most of it was not authentic Garth merchandise. My couple of bootleg CD's vary in quality, one is pretty good while the other is terrible. The promotional items vary in quality also, depending on whether or not they were used or displayed. The quality of any item can also depend on how old it is, how much it was used and how it was stored.
Bee