PDA

View Full Version : It's Golf Tournament Day !

ProducerJ
02-24-2003, 09:50 AM
Happy 1st Annual Garth Brooks Teammates For Kids Charity Golf Tournament Day!

I'm completely amazed at the lack of information about this - including who the celebrity players are! I hope they managed to fill their teams. If you Floridians hear anything - please post it here!

J.

TammyLS
02-24-2003, 09:57 AM
I was just posting about this with my Grammy reply!! Are we sure that Garth is indeed going to be there? I mean they haven't said anything! I wonder who is all participating? Hmm, is anyone able to get there? HOPEFULLY We'll hear more now that its Happening! Like who was there, what happened, and all that! I'm definately curious! I also hope it goes well and raises alot of money for TFK!!!!

ProducerJ
02-24-2003, 10:42 AM
Unfortunately, we aren't sure of anything! TFK told Moni last week that Garth wasn't confirmed for the event, but didn't rule out the possibility of him showing up. BUT I hear Tulsa got a ton of snow dumped on them over the weekend, so I'm not sure he could get there if he wanted to - if he's coming from home.

I checked out the country station website and they didn't have a thing about it, nor did either of the newspapers that Val gave us.

:(
J.

GottaB-GB
02-24-2003, 10:42 AM
Do you think Garth made it out of Oklahoma with all that snow they got??

ProducerJ
02-24-2003, 11:05 AM
I thought WIRK might have some scoop on the tournament, they'd mentioned a possible interview with Garth this morning. So I went to their website and got the number for the request line.

Bad move. That's actually the number for the front desk of the Infinity cluster.

Two transfers later I finally found someone who could give me the request line number.

And I called it. And it rang.
and rang.
and rang.
and rang.

I have to run errands but if anyone wants to give them a try, the CORRECT request line number is (561) 550-9475. Garth honey, can you please just put out a press release next time and save us the aggrevation?

J.

TammyLS
02-24-2003, 12:54 PM
Poor Joyce, you've gotten the runaround haven't you?! Well thanks for trying, and I'm with you--It would have been great to just Know! lol, but then again, what a strategic move NOT To tell us--sure keeps him and the tournament at the top of everyones minds doesnt it? Well with the snow that OK got, I'm betting he'll stay close to his girls-maybe build a snowman with them! How FUN!!
Meanwhile, we wait to hear or See(that would be great) what happens with the tournament!

gb*ty*girlie
02-24-2003, 02:46 PM
i am DYING to know what's going on at the golf tournament!!! it is killing me, knowing that garth is literally not even 3 miles away from me right now and i can't do anything about it!!! i fought the urge to skip school and just drive over there all day today, and god forbid WIRK actually have any info on what's going on...grrrr...i've never had the chance to see garth in person, and my one chance is gone because stupid donald trump and his golf courses have to be "private"...i am officially boycotting any having to do with donald trump!!! it isn't right that he should deprive me of garth!!! sorry to go on a rampage, it's just, well, it's garth!!! i'm praying that someone will have pics or a report or press release or something to tide me over...i'll let y'all know if anything happens down here, but right now, i doubt it... :(

~kati---->who's in need of a garthy/golf fix, and protesting donald
trump!!!

Bandicoot
02-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Well the tournament isn't sponsored by TFK.They are the beneficiary only. Because of that,there's less chance of Garth showing. Doubtful you'll hear much about the tournament once it's done.

ProducerJ
02-24-2003, 03:31 PM
Apparently you aren't missing anything. According to WIRK, Garth isn't at the golf tournament, and they didn't get an interview with him this morning.

I also learned that as of yesterday, there were still player slots available. :(
J.

Shannon
02-24-2003, 07:42 PM
I was wondering about the golf tournament earlier today. I thought for sure that he would be present for it. I saw that he is scheduled to be at Johnny Paycheck's funeral tomorrow. He is a pallbearer along with Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, and a whole bunch of other artists.

Monica Lockhart
02-24-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Shannon
I saw that he is scheduled to be at Johnny Paycheck's funeral tomorrow. He is a pallbearer along with Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, and a whole bunch of other artists.

That's great that Garth will be there :) Johnny was a legend and he will be missed.

Where did you read that Shannon?

Moni

BLL
02-24-2003, 09:55 PM
It was in the Tennessean, Moni. There's a post in 'Other Artists' :)

Paula
02-25-2003, 09:43 PM
I've moved the posts made after Barbara's, all of which related to Johnny PayCheck, to this thread (http://www.planetgarth.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117107), which is the thread she was referring to.

Now, has anyone heard anything about the golf tournament...how it went...anything?

Paula