PDA

View Full Version : This Day In Garth History......

Monica Lockhart
02-18-2003, 10:06 AM
Found this at CountryNation.com

-- Today in 2000, Garth Brooks joins the New York Mets at spring training in Florida.

Ahh... the memories of that Spring Training!! Was the first time I met Garth! Feb 27th to be exact. I need to get out my Spring Training photo album and take a stroll down memory lane.

For those of you who haven't ever seen my spring training photos...here's a link to my online photo album :

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?UV=58721718874_56677598703&US=0&collid=95754265103

Enjoy!

Moni

Harriet
02-18-2003, 01:00 PM
ahh, such sweet memories...thanks for the smile, Moni :)
NY is full of spring training stories in the paper now, and even though it's been 2 years, I find myself reading those Mets articles every day...they got themselves some new uniforms though, and the color is atrocious! Orange! It's a little too loud for my taste...kinda makes them look like pumpkins, lol...
I'd sure like to see an orange #1 though...<sigh> (we need a smiley for "sigh" I think)

Harriet

Harriet
02-18-2003, 01:02 PM
OMG, it's been 3 years!! now that's just plain ridiculous, when it's all right there in my head like it was yesterday
<BIG SIGH>

Harriet

GBronx
02-18-2003, 06:43 PM
First, Moni thanks for sharing those pictures!!! ;)

Second, Harriet you MUST be jesting!!! It CAN'T be
THREE years!!! It was my first road trip...

Thanks sistah!!! What a ride.....

Tony Arata

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away!

G-f
02-18-2003, 08:49 PM
Monica, those were super!! thanks for sharing. Okay..which of you is the small sort of red haired lady? I want to touch you...Goodness, you got some super hugs and and kissed him on the cheek..... is that you Monica? I don't know who is who of you ladies.. come on fess up....lol
Tricia

G-f
02-19-2003, 04:09 PM
No one will tell me? I don't know you all by picture. Heck if it was me, I wouldn't mind saying so. The photos were super!!
Tricia

Monica Lockhart
02-19-2003, 04:16 PM
Tricia,

Well.. I am not sure if everyone in those photos wants to be identified so I am going to let those involved make the decision whether or not to reply.

Actually, I should have checked with those in the pictures before I posted the link. I apologize.

Hope you understand. :)

Moni

G-f
02-19-2003, 09:15 PM
Ok, I didn't ask to upset someone. I just wanted to know who was SO lucky. :) Anyhow, thanks again for putting them up. I hope folks don't hold back photos for that reason. I just thought that probably most on here knew who was in the photo, since lots have met with each other. I'll just look and not ask questions. :)