PDA

View Full Version : Questions from the Email Bag!

ProducerJ
02-16-2003, 11:43 AM
Well it's been a while since we've done this, so let's start with my favorite question today:

Did Garth know Marilyn Monroe? Were they friends?
(correct answer being "no" she died the year Garth was born.)

On to the ones I need help with:

1. Hi, I've been looking for sheet music or soloist accompaniment for the song "Ireland" from the Brooks album "Fresh Horses".
Does such a thing exist?!

ProducerJ
02-16-2003, 12:15 PM
2. I teach 5th grade in Shawnee, Oklahoma. I first came to respect Garth and his music when I saw the video about the Oklahoma City Bombing.

I now teach "We Shall Be Free." in my class. I recognize most of the imagines on the video, but if anyone has a complete description of the images, I would appreciate the information. One image in particular that I can't identify is when doves are being set free. Any help would be appreciated.

ProducerJ
02-16-2003, 12:16 PM
3. I am in the orcastra at my school and the option of playing a solo in our next concert. I wa wanting to play "When You Come Back To Me Again" however i have been unable to find sheet music for it. I was wondering if there was sheet music out this song? Please answer as soon as possible our concert is in a month ans i would really like to play this song and do it justice.

redstrokes77
02-16-2003, 12:24 PM
For questions 2 and 4 try http://www.freesheetmusic.net/ browse or buy. I found both Ireland and WYCBTMA.

For the WSBF video I think the doves were released after the fall of the Berlin wall.

For question #1. Who knows? I have a feeling some poor kid was named afer the actress Mariyln Monroe and Garth just might have met her ;)

deb

ProducerJ
02-16-2003, 12:41 PM
Thanks Deb! I have sent them both to that site. This one will make y'all go "Awwwwwwww!"

4. I am in hunting for a copy of an instrumental version of "If Tomorrow Never Comes" A little more than 10 years ago I proposed to my wife, and that was the song playing on the radio. We are renewing our wedding vows on the 23rd of this month, 3 days before our 10th anniversary.

We want to play the instrumental version of the song to walk the processional. I have been hunting for about a month and a half, but have not found anything. I figured I might find a Karaokee version but to not avail.

ProducerJ
02-16-2003, 01:31 PM
5. ša fait des mois que je cherche les tablatures de " if tomorrow never comes" , mais je ne les trouve nul part!!! si vous pourriez me les trouver et me les envoyer j' aurai l honneur de les chanter merci

redstrokes77
02-16-2003, 01:35 PM
Mon Dieu!

Send them to the same link. They are looking for the tabs to the song.

deb

PJ
02-16-2003, 01:36 PM
The only instrumental version of ITNC that I know of is from the Garth tribute CD: Hats off to Garth Brooks. It's not Garth's band members and more of a bluegrass sound, but maybe it would do?

ProducerJ
02-16-2003, 02:14 PM
Thanks girls!

It's interesting to see what people want to know about Garth. I just answered 32 emails. At least 8 of them were wanting either song lyrics or music. 3 of them were the "when is garth going to do a concert in my hometown" 2 of them were asking about DVD's and 2 more were asking where to get the video for Standing Outside the Fire and 2 wanted to know how to get Garth to record their songs. One wanted to know if Garth or Chris was going to make an appearance on World Wrestling Entertainment Televison. There were several sad stories :( Email came from Belgium, France, the UK and Canada. Only one wanted to know how to get an autograph, and there were no personal, tabloidy-type questions. (Of course, Brandon might not have forwarded those to me, LOL.) It's interesting to see how much interest there still is out there in the man. I can only IMAGINE the mail GBM must get!
J.

allisonv7
02-16-2003, 08:01 PM
I used to have a little Garth site on the net and I would get 3 or 4 emails a day asking questions about Garth, some were sad, some wanted Garth at their weddings, but most people just wanted autographs. I did get an interesting one about a girl who's dad went to high school with Garth and wanted to get in touch with him somehow. I printed them all out and left them in a big envelope at the Garth's gate one time....who knows if he ever got them though.

allison.

Leen13
02-24-2003, 06:12 PM
E-mail from Belgium about Garth? You mean there's another person besides me in my country who knows what "a Garth Brooks" is? Wow, that's an amazingly new concept!

Leen

Garthmedic
02-24-2003, 06:19 PM
Leen,

I would REALLY love to see you start a new thread about how you got hooked on GB. Since you tell us that not too many people in Belgium know about Garth, your story on how you first heard of him would be fascinating. :)

--spud--:)