PDA

View Full Version : Audio Download of Garth for y'all.

Dancer
02-10-2003, 12:34 AM
I know I haven't posted here in over a year or so. But, oh well!

First Union Center, Philadelphia, PA
September 11, 1998

Moderator's Note: The source and url for this had to be removed in accordance with PG's Guidelines, which state:
Don't:
Post unauthorized copyrighted material, or the location to such materials. Such as a URL to an MP3.

TrishaNGarthFan
02-10-2003, 04:31 AM
I love it! Thanks so much. It brings back such sweet memories.

Sue

GottaB-GB
02-10-2003, 11:33 AM
OMG I am so about to cry to know I was sitting like 10 feet from him while he was singing that!!! Thanks for posting this... I once told him this was my favorite song to hear him sing live :)

Shelley

Garth_FANtasizer
02-10-2003, 12:11 PM
SWEET!

Thanks, Dancer!

~Ann~

Harriet
02-10-2003, 12:27 PM
What sweet memories indeed! Thanks, Dancer!
Shelley, I didn't know (or remember) that you were first row that night!...I was in section 122 that night...made my way to the floor during Beaches and lo and behold, I was not stopped from entering the floor area! Handed up a big blue bag of Brooklyn bagels, and I'm STILL trying to find out if anyone took a picture of that moment, lol...I've been told that he opened it and took a big sniff, but I was making my way back to my seat at that point and missed it...
I'm sitting here looking at the set list from this show...right before he sang You Move Me, he sang Belleau Wood for my sign and someone else in my section who requested the same song..he pointed us both out :) Right after he sang YMM, he ended the show with American Pie...
Two nights later, I had my one and only first row experience...
That whole weekend was very special...a moment from Saturday's show was captured in the It's Your Song video...when he's wearing the Flyer's jersey and takes a flower from a little kid...I was back near the sound board that night and remember that moment well...
Sunday morning, Trisha did an in store appearance at at K Mart, remember that?
Who else was there for the Philly shows? Got any memories to share?

hugs...
Harriet

GottaB-GB
02-10-2003, 02:00 PM
no no I didn't say first row I said like 10 feet lol. The furthest I ever sat was row 13. What an awesome week that was *sigh*

oh yeah I remember going to the KMart and that night with the Jersey is when I gave him my picture with the poem.

I have lots of pictures from that night too. So very kewl. I actually got an email from the people who gave him that jersey once that was really nice.

good to see ya Harriet I miss the NYDays

GottaB-GB
02-10-2003, 02:16 PM
I think my favorite Philly moment was Sunday when he sang TMYFML and he said this is kinda new and he didn't expect us to know it...

and the crowd sang every word of the opening verse and he goes..."

"you've gotta be kidding me"

I can still hear that in my head those are the things that make Garth concerts so special and so different :)

allisonv7
02-10-2003, 03:38 PM
I love little trips down memory lane :)

It's hard to believe that Sevens came out over 5 years ago!!!

allison.

Harriet
02-10-2003, 07:00 PM
Yes, trips down memory lane are always fun, and I love how different little details stick in our heads! I bet if you got 7 people together who attended the same show, you could probably get a VERY accurate picture, complete with what signs were pointed out and all the cute little things that were said/done...

Shelley, you've NEVER sat further than 13th row? Holy cow! Once I was in the last row of the lower level, but it was close to the stage (San Antonio) and once I was on the curve toward the back of the arena on the lower level (also San Antonio) ...once I was directly across the arena (Nashville) and once I was in nosebleed seats (Buffalo)...those were actually scary because of the height and the way the steps inclined...we went to the office of the arena and explained the phobia and they let us sit in the handicapped section behind the stage...I thought that was very nice of them...

Now, explain to me how you were 10 ft. away, but not in the first row! I remember those stage bruises I had for days and days and how I LOVED telling people how I got them when they said "oh my, what happened to your arms?" LOL...

I do remember, now that you mentioned it, that little moment during TMYFML...

Philly was actually my favorite roadtrip because of all the heartache we went through to get tickets to 3 shows for 4 people...
we were shut out on the day tickets went on sale, which was the same day Trisha played the Goodwill Games here in Battery Park...Johnny Garcia told us not to worry, that we'd probably end up in the first row, and we should keep believing...when that actually came to pass and we got his attention that night, he waved at us and mouthed "I told you!"

Those times in NY were indeed special, and it's funny how whenever I'm in those parts of the city I get that special feeling in my heart and a little smile on my face...
good to see you too...

hugs..
Harriet

G-f
02-10-2003, 08:30 PM
Well Darn! Had me all excited when I saw that Topic. Someone please send me a PM or email or some how to hear it. :(

Someone burst my bubble.............
Tricia

GBronx
02-10-2003, 09:34 PM
I missed it too Tricia!!

But I understand.... :( It's the rules!!

Tony Arata

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away!

GottaB-GB
02-11-2003, 12:39 PM
In Philly I never sat further than the 13th row. The furthest I sat was behind the stage in the upper level in like the 2nd row in Pittsburgh...It was before I learned the system ;) Not that I ever necessarily stay in my seat for the whole show anyway. I think first row would be considered 2 feet away given that he sits and plays you move me alone on stage...I wasn't in my seat at the time....not that an explanation should be required, but I was not in my seat, I was not in the first row...I was near by and I will leave it at that. It was a memory that I spoke allowed, I wasn't trying to brag. That week is very near and dear to my heart. There's something to be said for being nice to people...sometimes it comes back to bless you in return.

Shelley

Harriet
02-11-2003, 04:13 PM
AH, I misunderstood about 13th row..I thought you meant you were never further back ever...not for just the Philly shows..
and for the record, I was not seriously asking for an explanation of how you came to be so near, so I'm sorry if that's how you took it... nor did I try to imply that you were bragging... I, too was speaking my memories of a special time aloud...
and yes, I agree that when you do nice things for people you end up blessed...the action is it's own blessing...

Harriet

GBronx
02-11-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by GottaB-GB
There's something to be said for being nice to people...sometimes it comes back to bless you in return.
Shelley

You just said a whole mouth full!!!

And anyone who really knows Harriet knows she loves to include ALL Garthnutts when coming into good seats or getting in somewhere when there is (seemingly) no way to get in!!!

Right? Shelley!!! ;)

She sure has been my GarthAngel!!! :D

Tony Arata

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away!

GottaB-GB
02-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Joanne I totally agree...Garthnutts should always share their good fortune with other Garthnutts when it's possible to do so. That's the way Garth would want us to be

Harriet I know that I was speaking in general terms...sometimes simple explanations aren't enough for some people...that's all I meant.

:-)

Shelley

Harriet
02-12-2003, 09:22 AM
Yes, Shelley, I do agree that sometimes, no, MOST times, simple explanations are best, lol...I just didn't want you to think that I was trying to put you on the spot, so I'm glad you understood that!
and yes, when it comes to helping out other fans, it's best to do what we can, when possible, because that is the way Garth would want us to treat each other, and because it is the right thing to do...the trouble comes in when it's not always possible, and then things can get misconstrued...not a pleasant experience for anyone faced with that dilemma...
Jo, thanks for what you said about me...we all need our angels from time to time and God knows you have been that and more to me, as have so many other PG'ers...and that goes above and beyond anything that has to do with Garth...
I think we are all lucky to be so blessed...and all because of our common bond through Garth...

hugs..
Harriet