PDA

View Full Version : Elton and Billy

jturtels
02-06-2003, 10:42 AM
YES! I am finally going to get to see Billy Joel and Elton John in concert! I've been waiting for them to come to St. Louis for a couple years now! Garth's my top artist, but Elton John has to be a close second...

PRINWOO
02-06-2003, 11:20 AM
I saw Billy Joel the last time he was Savvis, then Kiel Center it was a great show. I've never seen Elton, so I am really looking forward to the April 4th!

Enjoy the Show!

JMR

Lowell Miller
02-06-2003, 01:10 PM
Lucky you..:)

Skywise
02-07-2003, 02:35 AM
I got to see Billy and Elton a few years ago- Billy was great, when they were together it was great, elton by himself was long winded and not for me..

a great show- too long thoguh, in the manner they broke it up (elton did his thing, brought out billy, a few duets, the nBilly does his set, then more duets...

whatcha gonna do though-

got a friend going to the show in Iowa

bjmg
02-07-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Skywise
got a friend going to the show in Iowa

They're performing here in Iowa??:D Any idea where and when?:)

Brad:)

Skywise
02-07-2003, 03:53 PM
don't hold me to this but I think it's sometime in April, in Ames

Garthfan92
02-07-2003, 07:20 PM
I'm seeing them here April 10th. Saw them last time they came to the Chicago area too, and it was great. I'm really looking forward to seeing them again.

Lisa

Paula
02-07-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by bjmg
They're performing here in Iowa??:D Any idea where and when?:)

Brad:) According to pollstar.com, April 1 at the Hilton Coliseum.

Paula

jturtels
02-09-2003, 09:56 PM
Wanna know where they're gonna be? http://www.eltonjohn.com OR http://www.billyjoel.com ....you'll probably find the answer there ;-)

wmcinnis
02-25-2003, 07:56 PM
I looked into getting tickets too, as I've always wanted to see both of them but the ticket prices are pretty unbelievable here.
I understand we're paying for both of them but $275.00 a ticket is a bit out of my price range for a concert and for that price you would think you'd be sitting on the floor but these seats were in the lower bowl across from the stage. I'd hate to see what the scalpers are gonna get for tickets:rolleyes:
-Susan-

Garthfan92
02-25-2003, 10:56 PM
Susan, my sister and I have gotten the tickets that are around $75.00. They ended up being great seats last time, and I'm hoping they'll be pretty good this time too! It's worth it to see them both.

Lisa

PRINWOO
02-25-2003, 11:30 PM
I've heard from other venues that scalpers are starting the highest price range ticket ($175 and up, depending on the concert market) at $300, is some markets they have gone as high as $1000 a ticket and that is not even for a front row seat. Tickets are everywhere on ebay right now, if you use ebay be very careful, we print off copies of the items discriptions for our venue, we check the seat locations against our stolen ticket reports and note the locations in case there is a problem with those seats the night of the show. There have been some very misleading info put out on ebay. I like the one that is currently selling 3rd row seats for 56.95, they are third row seats, third row on the mezzanine level, but they are technically third row seats. I also like the how all of the MO ads quote the scalping law, yet are priced more then the highest ticket range with all of the possible outlet fees included. Beware of scalpers, ebay and ticket outlets, I deal with way to many people who order tickets through them and never see the tickets.

But that's just my two cents on the matter.

JMR