PDA

View Full Version : MWL Tribute to Columbia

allisonv7
02-02-2003, 12:32 AM
I'm not sure if anyone saw MWL tonite, but they did a tribute to the crew of the Columbia and they used Garth's video "the dance" for it. They had the video take up a small square of the screen and then went through each of the crew members picture, name and age on the rest of the screen. It was pretty moving, you should try to catch a repeat of it.

allison.

Monica Lockhart
02-02-2003, 01:36 AM
I saw it!!!

I was at the Kenny Chesney Margaritas and Senoritas concert. During stage changes between Mongtomery Gentry and Kenny, I went to get a drink. They were playing CMT on all the TV monitors in the bar/food area.

When I saw it come on... it just reminded me of what a powerful song The Dance is.. and why it's my all time favorite Garth song.
Thanks to Tony Arata for writing the most beautiful song, and to Garth for singing with that beautiful voice!

Moni

allisonv7
02-02-2003, 01:49 AM
How was that show? I'm debating over whether or not to buy tickets, I've seen Kenny 6 times or so, but it's always been pretty much the same show...and I don't really want to drop forty bucks on that kid again...even if he does sing "Lay you Down"!

allison.

ProducerJ
02-02-2003, 01:56 AM
Allison - go for the opening act, they're worth it! (Is that the Conway Twitty song you're referring to, or another?)

J. <--- wondering if partaking of a Margarita is a requirement for a tour called Margaritas and Senioritas. And do you have to be 21 to go to the show?

Monica Lockhart
02-02-2003, 02:06 AM
Allison! The show was awesome! And yes.. Kenny did sing Conway's "Lay Ya Down"! All I can say is WOW! He can get a girls blood pumpin! LOL

Montgomery Gentry was also awesome..they really got the crowd going! They dedicated "My Town" to Tampa since we are still basking in our Superbowl glory!

It was well worth the money in my opinion. :)

Moni----> who can confirm that Margaritas were sold at this concert tonight..but she didn't have any.And no you don't have to be over 21 to go to the concert. LOL

PJ
02-02-2003, 10:09 AM
Thanks for posting this! I was just able to catch the beginning of MWL with the tribute to the heros of Columbia.

Garthfan92
02-03-2003, 09:00 PM
I sure wish I still had CMT. I knew right away the video would be played quite a bit in honor of the Columbia crew. Would be nice to get to see that.

Lisa