PDA

View Full Version : Question of the day.....

racmac
01-31-2003, 11:35 PM
For a man that is retied they like to keep him in the news....

HOW MANY GARTH BROOKS SONGS HAVE THE WORDS, "I LOVE YOU" IN THEM?

Answer, only ONE! Garth Brooks wrote and recorded many songs, and scored hits for over 10 years, that were love songs, without ever using the line, "I Love You." Garth says that was by design, not chance. "I mean to see the 3 words 'I love you' put together just, I don't know… for one, I think the word is over used for the amount of not enough love in it, you know. And I don't have a problem telling my guy friends, 'Hey, I love you, tell your family I love them and I'll see you.' But just saying those three words in music, 'I love you,' it's tough. So the other ways we found to say it was through other writers. "Shameless," "To Make You Feel My Love," you know. So, Garth's first song containing "I Love You" was "Wrapped Up In You." Garth says, "That's it. (The one) to actually come out and go (sings) "How do I love you for letting me see, I love you like a lyric loves a melody" - it's like, wow, is this me? And it's a blast it fits this, "Wrapped Up in You."

Rachael :)

Gemo
02-02-2003, 07:21 PM
Sounds to me like he is shy. :-)

TrishaNGarthFan
02-02-2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks for that tidbit of info. Rachael. With all the gut wrenching lyrics Garth has sung its hard to believe that "Wrapped up in you" was the first to contain those three words. He has found a way to convey that phrase in so many different ways, and that's one of the things that make him such a darling.

Sue

Carol Ann
02-02-2003, 09:43 PM
Sue, I agree that Garth had such a unique and eloquent way of conveying a message in all of his songs. The thing that makes me go Hmmm about this article is it's funny how after he made Scarecrow he said it was the happiest record he'd ever made and a lot of things had changed in his life and it kind of makes you wonder what it was that finally allowed him to feel free enough to use those words in a song.

Carol Ann

Lowell Miller
02-02-2003, 10:21 PM
:cool: Cool ... I never realized that. :)

allisonv7
02-02-2003, 10:49 PM
Wow, I never wouldve guessed that.....I think WUIY is a great song to use it in, I think its really sums up the words :)

allison.

TrishaNGarthFan
02-03-2003, 06:12 AM
Carol Ann,

You and I both know what it was that finally allowed him to feel free enough to use that phrase in a song.

Think of how liberated he must feel now.

Sue

Originally posted by Carol Ann
Sue, I agree that Garth had such a unique and eloquent way of conveying a message in all of his songs. The thing that makes me go Hmmm about this article is it's funny how after he made Scarecrow he said it was the happiest record he'd ever made and a lot of things had changed in his life and it kind of makes you wonder what it was that finally allowed him to feel free enough to use those words in a song.

Carol Ann

Garthfan92
02-03-2003, 09:05 PM
Garth never had a problem with the words "I love you." He just said they were way overused in songs. I don't know how much it had to do with Trisha in this particular case. I will say he found some wonderful ways to get the message across in many songs all the same!

Lisa