PDA

View Full Version : HUGE NEWS ABOUT THE CHRIS GAINES PROJECT!......YOU CAN'T MISS THIS!!!!!!!

hugeGBnutt
07-26-1999, 06:00 PM
you got to check this out!!!!!!!...LOTS of new info! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D <A HREF="http://theenews.com/Country_Bulletin/messages/2170.html" TARGET=_blank>http://theenews.com/Country_Bulletin/messages/2170.html</A> <BR>.......i NEED this Billboard Mag. ....i hope i'll be able to find it(i'm sure all you want it too!)<BR>....i was sooooo very excited when i found this info!......enjoy!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D<P>aRiN

JulieLvsGB
07-26-1999, 06:04 PM
WOOHOO!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D<P>I read and I enjoyed! :) Thanks for the info! Very Cool reading!!! Thanks again!!!<P>JulieN

LVGB4EVER
07-26-1999, 06:32 PM
:) WOOOOHOOOOO :)<P>Thanks so much for this link and for the info I can't wait till the end on September for Chris Gaines to get rolling :)<P>Take Care<BR>Sue ;)N

honky
07-26-1999, 07:07 PM
Hey guys,<P>The video for "Lost in You" is expected to come out on August 2nd :o STILL A WEEK TO GO!!<P>TommyN

majmom
07-26-1999, 07:11 PM
Anyone know where/how to get Billboard Mag - I've never seen it. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks,<BR>KerryN

CG77
07-26-1999, 07:53 PM
Is that the right date for the issue to come on newstands Jan 31???N

Snow
07-26-1999, 07:54 PM
Thanks for posting that link to the message.<P>David is a great poster in that forum. He's not a big fan of Garth's but he's very fair and mature in his posts... even when the are not always favorable to Garth. He always has good inside country music info.<P>*lol*... I'm always honored when he addresses all his Garth related to posts to "Snow and other Garthnutts".... can you tell that I'm always there being the "defender of Garth?" *lol*N

CaptMorgan
07-26-1999, 07:55 PM
hugeGBnutt:<P>Thank you so much for the link. Lots of great info in this article. Counting down the days! :)<P>Catch y'all around the next bend...<BR>N

hugeGBnutt
07-26-1999, 08:01 PM
<B>CG77</B>,<BR> i talked to the guy that posted this .....<BR>he meant to put <B>July 31</B> instead of Jan. 31.......<P>aRiN

kristen166
07-26-1999, 08:35 PM
Is there only going to be 600,000 copies of the album? Or just 600,000 limited ones?N

hugeGBnutt
07-26-1999, 08:39 PM
<B>kristen166</B>,<BR>its definitely 600,000 copies of the limited edition.(i'm definitely going to get one of em' ;))<P>aRiN

kristen166
07-26-1999, 08:52 PM
Okay so there will be more albums, just 600, 000 will be limited. Like what he did with sevens, 777,777 were limited, but there will be others stiil amde that are not limited? :)N

hugeGBnutt
07-26-1999, 08:53 PM
<B>majmom</B>,<BR> this is the info that the guy that posted it gave me:<BR> Some newsstands carry Billboard Magazine but not many.The July 31 issue should be on newsstands by Wed. on this week.If you ca'nt find it on newsstands,try Musicland,Camelot,<BR>Same Goody,Blockbuster,ect. ...these stores usually don't sell them but they keep in store copies that ppl can browse through.<BR>You might have to ask the clerk cuz' the copy may be behind the counter.<BR> hope that helps(and hopefully all of us that will be looking for it will find it!....<BR>i really want it ;))<P>aRi<BR>N

hugeGBnutt
07-26-1999, 08:56 PM
plus you can order it on-line at <A HREF="http://www.billboard.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.billboard.com</A> <P>aRiN

Paula
07-27-1999, 04:55 AM
Thanks for the info! I've seen Billboard at the Barnes & Noble in my area. I'll have to make a visit there today or tomorrow!<P>PaulaN

majmom
07-27-1999, 05:11 AM
aRi and Paula-<BR>Thanks for the info - I'll be checkng Barnes and Noble and Media Play on Wed!!<BR>KerryN

PJ
07-27-1999, 05:50 AM
For anyone who frequents that message board - do we know if it will be obvious if we have the hologram CD? Will there be a sticker on the cover like with Sevens and Double Live?N

BigGfan4life
07-27-1999, 07:27 AM
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE NEWS!!! :D :D :D <BR>For anyone who can't get Billboard, let me know ASAP if you need it...you can get it everywhere around here. I prob. can't get it till Fri. night so you have till then to tell me if you need it!! :) <BR>Well, I wrote everything down...I'm not about to miss any of this!!!! :D :DN

Paula
07-27-1999, 09:55 AM
Just got back from Barnes & Noble and the July 31 issue was already there so I picked one up. Haven't read it yet...got to get back to work. There were one or two issues left.<P>PaulaN

Pilgrim
07-27-1999, 10:51 AM
WOW! Thanx alot for the info Ari :D<BR>MAN! would I like to have a copy of Billboard :)<BR>Hmmm. 600.000 copies, that's not many when you live in Denmark :(<P>BrianN

garthbrooksfanatic77
07-27-1999, 10:57 AM
August 2nd for the video? Cool that's my mom's birthday!N

majmom
07-27-1999, 12:44 PM
I got my copy at Barnes and Noble today! The article is great - I especially love the picture of Chris on the front - it looks more like Garth and you can really see those beautiful blue eyes, unlike the pic we've seen so far. Much more handsome, I think (probably because it looks more like Garth!) It has a songlist with a short description of each song, and really good explanations of how Garth is going to play Chris in the videos, interviews, specials, etc, and how he wants this marketed, and what the radio stations are going to say about it when they play it. It's a long article and a link to the hightlights was already posted, but I can add a few things:<BR>A VH-1 "Behind the Music" documentary will be made, no date yet.<BR>The Christmas album (Garth's)is scheduled for release on Nov 23.<BR>A video is being made for It Don't Matter to the Sun - for CMT - showing Garth "morphing" into Chris - to help his fans understand what the heck this is about - especially the ones who are only country and either don't or won't watch VH-1 - this song is the most "country" of them all. This song and Lost In You are featured in the Kevin Costner movie, but are not on the soundtrack. (movie release is the end of July, I think - so anyone heard anything?)<BR>I think that's about all I can add - sorry for the long post, but this is info I would have wanted if I didn't get the mag myself!<BR>I AM PSYCHED FOR THIS!!!!!<BR>Kerry<BR>N

kristen166
07-27-1999, 12:57 PM
So there is only going to be 600,000 albums, nothing more, nothing less? or just 600,000 limited ones,but there will be others that are not limited? :)N

Paula
07-27-1999, 04:54 PM
<B>Kristen</B>, there will be 600,000 limited edition units, but there will be more available that aren't limited editions. According to the article in Billboard, <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Sources say initial shipments for the album could run as high as 4 million units, although Quigley would not comment. The album's list price is $17.98. The minimum advertised price is $12.85.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>In addition to what others have mentioned both in this Forum and in the PG Forum, the article quoted Garth as saying that he didn't think it would be a good idea to appear live in character or dress up as Chris Gaines. He was further quoted as saying <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>The only obvious place would be on "Saturday Night Live." Garth could host, and Chris would be the musical guest.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>This is either a tease or he's thinking about doing another Saturday Night Live.<P>One thing I found interesting in the track listing (other than there being only 13 tracks and Alright Guy not being listed) was the songwriters. There were three songwriters who wrote or co-wrote almost all of the tracks (Gordon Kennedy, Wayne Kirkpatrick and Tommy Sims). <B>Tony Arata</B> co-wrote one of the tracks (That's the Way I Remember It), and <B>Trisha Yearwood</B> also co-wrote one of the tracks (Main Street). I didn't realize that Trisha had written anything.<P>I was going to type up the descriptions of the songs, but figured <B>Chris_Gaines</B> might be doing that on his site and thought I'd save my fingers. :)<P>There was another companion article in Billboard about downloading the album and/or the single in their entirety with a credit card, with a list of retailers available to be chosen by the purchaser.<P>PaulaN

kristen166
07-27-1999, 05:02 PM
I really hope he does Saturday Night Live again, I heard they wanted him to come back. :)N

Cheryl
07-27-1999, 05:35 PM
Thanks everybody, for all the great info here! I went to Barnes & Noble today, but my store still had last week's issue out. So, it's been great to be able to read some of it here.<P>Saturday Night Live sounds like a GREAT idea!!! I hope that it's in the works, and that wasn't just some idle thought! :)<P>So much to look forward to!!!!!! :) :) :)N

Eternity4U
07-27-1999, 06:31 PM
i agree with cheryl, thanks all this is fun for the reading and we all are one family of information on media hwy whoaaa<P>diana elizabethN

Chris_Gaines
07-28-1999, 01:23 PM
Thanks Paula LOL!!!<P>For everyone that don't get billboard Mag. The entire atricle will be on <A HREF="http://www.chrisgainesfans.com" TARGET=_blank>www.chrisgainesfans.com</A> tonight! :)<P>With Billboards writters reviews of all the songs on the album :)<P>Jason :)<P>(With special help from Deb (redstrokes77) doing most the typing for this.. since the article is not on billboards website) =)<P>N

Cheryl
07-28-1999, 01:43 PM
Jason & Deb,<BR>Thanks so much for putting up the article! I went to Barnes & Noble again today, and they still didn't have it! I checked Walden Books and they didn't have it either. :( But, now my kids will be happy to know that we wont have to run out again tomorrow on another Garth hunt! :) I'll just sit here and *patiently* ;) wait for it to be posted at your site!N

kristen166
07-28-1999, 06:20 PM
Is there any pics with article in Billboard Magazine? :)N

Chris_Gaines
07-28-1999, 06:35 PM
kristen..<P>Nope.. just the same one.. we already been seening for a while now :(<P>Jason :)N

Eternity4U
07-28-1999, 07:10 PM
Jason, chris_gaines, <P>you are simply awsome your site rocks..<BR>thanks again for keepign us updated. <P>some of us are lucky in getting news ahead of others but you beat us in that as well...<P>keep up the work on your site.. <BR>diana elizabethN

Chris_Gaines
07-28-1999, 08:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Jason, chris_gaines, <BR>you are simply awsome your site rocks..<BR>thanks again for keepign us updated. <P>some of us are lucky in getting news ahead of others but you beat us in that as well...<P>keep up the work on your site..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks Diane :)<P>But I can't take full credit.. prob. not even ... as Sawyer Brown would say "I gotta give credit where credit is due"<P>I thank Deb (redstokes77) for the typing<BR>Amy Lynn for the song<BR>The devil for the trouble that I get into<BR>I gotta give credit where Credit is do...<BR>I thank the Brandon for plantegarth<BR>and God for you all :)<P>&lt;g&gt;<P>Jason :)<BR>N