PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Oklahoma...sort of...

okioreo
01-18-2003, 01:19 PM
Okay here is the deal...
My husband is in the USAF and he is taking a instructors assignment to Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls , TX which is 130 from Oklahoma City but very near the Oklahoma state border. We will be leaving in May.
Can any of you tell me how close this is to Tulsa or where Garth lives? Is it with in stalking, um , I mean, Gate-visiting distance? :)

Thanks!
-Amy

ALI
01-19-2003, 08:58 AM
Hi Amy
With all due respect, (I am from Canada so I can appreciate the word distance used in conjunction with Garth's Gates!!)
EVERYTHING is Gate visiting distance...if you want it to be!!!
Depends on so many things, how much you WANT to go, when you are able to go etc.
I live north of Toronto CANADA (by 2 hours) and last year we HAD to go to the Nashville gates belonging to Garth on the way home from vacation in Florida.
Something I have dreamed of for many years and there was absolutely NO WAY we were getting that close and NOT stopping to realize my dream!

Hopefully someone else in close vicinity of your neck of the woods can give you a more accurate answer...but don't forget to Believe and never give up until reaching your dream!!!:D

Jusdrummin
01-19-2003, 08:48 PM
I don't have an exact distance since I don't know his exact location, but it is approx. 245 mi (SW to NE across Oklahoma, almost corner to corner) from Witchita Falls,TX to Tulsa OK. He lives a little NE of Tulsa.

I know it's not much but hope the info helps.

Rick

GRTH FAN
01-19-2003, 11:41 PM
Amy, If ya run into him there, please give him a big ((HUG)) from Cowboy Country for me!!!
Donna :);)

ProducerJ
01-20-2003, 11:16 PM
Hey Amy - tell your hubby thank you from me for all he's doing for us! I love Ali's advice about making it happen.... you know how it is when you're new in town... you take a wrong turn... you wind up on a highway, you keep going thinking maybe around the next turn you'll find that grocery store... a couple of hours later, you stop and ask for directions - OMG how did you wind up in Claremore??? #-o
J.

okioreo
01-21-2003, 11:50 AM
Sounds like a plan to me!!