PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Garth

BelindaPal
01-05-2003, 11:11 PM
I've never met Garth but talked to him once on the phone at a rehearsal for a live tv show where Garth talked to fans that called in. I still remember the number 1-800-GARTHTX. I was lucky enough to call in the night before the special and talked to Garth during his rehearsal. I was placed on hold but could hear Garth talking to others in the background. A very exciting night for me. Thanks Garth.

Paula
01-05-2003, 11:16 PM
ConGARTHulations on your Garthmoment. What did you talk about? Was that the Trying to Rope the Wind (or World) or the The Hits special he did? I remember one special where you could try calling to talk to Garth and I could never get through.

Welcome to PG! Hope you enjoy your stay here. Stop by the Welcome Forum and tell us a little about yourself.

Paula

Oceandeep
01-06-2003, 07:48 PM
I have also never met Garth,but I was lucky enough to meet his father and also get a photo with him! I travelled to Irland with some friends to see him in concert. we were up in the stadium and I saw this small commotion going on just down on the grass floor. I was very curious and walked down to see what was going on. Then I saw this big man in a wonderful colourful shirt..It had to be somthing to do with the show! Then when I got closer I noticed this guy had a photo around his neck wich read 'family' I just walked straight up to the man and asked him for his photo. It was a really cool moment and he was So kind. He told me that he was his father and told me to enjoy the show. And what a show!!! If anyone reads this I would be very greatful if anyone out there has a copy of this concert. I know it was played on US t.v but sadly over here in England we didn't get to see it. I have tried every avenue I can to ge hold of a copy...so anyone PLEASE HELP.