PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone receive any....

GBheartandsoul
12-30-2002, 07:15 PM
Garthy presents for Christmas?

My friend gave me a keychain locket and inside the locket was a picture of GB (cover of his first album "Garth Brooks"). She also gave me a small picture frame with another picture. It looks to me like it was from when Garth did Storytellers for VH1. I thought that was so sweet of her. She knows what a big Garth fan I am.
I remember another time she had given me a photo of Garth. She knew someone who was a photographer and they were covering the People's Choice Award. Garth was there and won of course and that person took photos backstage. My friend was able to get one of the photos for me. It was a very nice surprise. Too bad I know next to nothing about computers and don't know how to use a scanner and post a picture.

So, how about the rest of you? Did you find anything Garthy under the tree?

Seira:)

Paula
12-30-2002, 08:14 PM
Yes, I did. I got a display plate with a picture of Garth and me from Fan Fair 1996.:)

Paula

GBShameless
12-31-2002, 11:27 AM
I did, my Mom got me Beyond the Season CD, she was so excited it was her first Ebay experience and her first GB gift she ever got me :)

Robin :) :)

Teach
01-01-2003, 09:46 AM
I got a Garth mouse pad and a Garth shirt. J.D. loves ebay and always manages to find a GB thing or two that he knows I would like.

wmcinnis
01-02-2003, 03:58 PM
I did too:)
It blew me away when Wayne came out of the room with something wrapped that resembled a large picture. To make a long story short, when we went to the 1st Convention in Nashville, I had bought a large pencil sketch of Garth but never got it framed, cause I couldn't decide what I wanted exactly.....well Wayne solved that problem for me and got it custom framed for me:) We both had tears in our eyes when I opened it....him, because he knew I'd love it and me, because I was so surprised that he would think of that for me:) We had a great Christmas and hope all of you did too:)
-Susan-

Monica Lockhart
01-03-2003, 09:15 AM
Very Cool Susan! Tell Wayne that he gets an A++ for that!

All the Garthy things you all recieved are great.

Unfortunately, I didn't get anything Garthy for Christmas this year. But I did get to see Garth just before Christmas, so I consider that my present!

:)

Moni

Snow
01-03-2003, 09:57 AM
Nothing right on Christmas. :(

But Sandytoo got me an autographed picture not too long before Christmas and that was the highlight of my Garth-year! :)

lee512w
01-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Ah,Moni.......

Are you going to tell us about it or are you just going to keep us wondering? :-"

Leelee

Teach
01-03-2003, 02:52 PM
I agree with Leelee. When are we going to hear the details. That is the second time this year, you have had a GB moment. What a lucky girl you are!!!! DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS PLEASE.....

Garthfan92
01-03-2003, 10:18 PM
Hope everyone is having a great new year so far. I didn't get anything Garthy this year. Guess no one can find much I don't have all that easily.

Moni, you have to give some details now that you said something. Hope it's just taking you so long cause you have a lot to type!

Lisa

Monica Lockhart
01-03-2003, 11:05 PM
Sorry... I don't have a big story to post.

Two dear friends and I were able to spend some time with Garth a few weeks ago. He is doing great, looking great and still as happy as he was last time I saw him in July. Trisha was there with him, and she is looking great! She looks well rested from her time off from touring.

It snowed while I was there.. and for me that was so exciting... as I had never seen snow! I think he was shocked that I had never seen snow fall!

That's really about it. Sorry it's not alot to post.

Moni

Teach
01-04-2003, 10:06 AM
Thanks for posting the story. I am sitting here so green with envy, not only about seeing Garth and Trisha, but seeing SNOW. I have seen a little bit of snow in my life but love it each and every time. What snow we get here in Louisiana barely counts as snow fall.

Vanessa
01-07-2003, 12:24 AM
Thanks for sharing the experience you had Moni.. sound very peaceful and exaciting :)

We got snow here in MD on christmas day no less! :o :D

No Garthy stuff this year..

God and peace,
Vanessa :)

fuzzwuzz
01-07-2003, 09:28 PM
I think the best present I got was realizing how special my Garth family is to me, not just at Christmas, but forever. :) And, according to my Mom, THEY got their "old Dale" back, though I'm not sure where "she" went. ;)