PDA

View Full Version : Garth at Madame Tussaud's in NYC.............sorta

Steven75407
12-20-2002, 07:49 PM
Garth Fans, check this out!!
Check out this 360-degree panorama taken at Madame Tussaud's wax museum. Look next to Bill Gates' figure and you will find someone rather familiar to all who visit this site.....

here's the link
http://www.virtualnyc.info/panopages/42nd/pop_culture3.htm

Paula
12-20-2002, 08:04 PM
Cool find. Thanks! It wasn't there when I visited Madame Tussaud's a couple of years ago. Too bad they don't have a waxed figure of him.

Paula

ProducerJ
12-20-2002, 08:55 PM
Very cool! Thanks for sharing that with everyone here on the Planet! :):)
J.

Steven75407
12-20-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Paula
Cool find. Thanks! It wasn't there when I visited Madame Tussaud's a couple of years ago. Too bad they don't have a waxed figure of him.

Paula
Did you go to the one in NY? I've never been there, but I'd like to someday. That museum is the only reason I'd EVER go to NYC. It's so cool, and everyone in there looks so realistic. And I agree with you, Paula. I'd love to see a statue of Garth in there. He deserves to be in there with the rest of America's elite. His hero John Wayne is in there, as well as everyone he competed with for the title of America's best-selling popular music act, including Micheal Jackson, Elvis, and the former title holders, the Beatles).My mom went to the one in Las Vegas, NV this past summer and it's really cool as well.

Paula
12-20-2002, 10:35 PM
Yes, I did go to the one in New York. I also went to the one in Las Vegas last year and many (many, many) years ago went to the one in London. The ones in New York and Las Vegas were much better than the one in London (although that one may have been refurbished since I was there).

I agree...Garth definitely needs to be added to the exhibit.

Paula

Steven75407
12-21-2002, 04:06 PM
They could put one of him in London as well because he has a large fan base in Europe too, thanks to his world tour in 1994. I've seen pics of the London location and it wasn't as good as NYC's or LV. The photos taken of the historical figures were interesting but the rest of it was only "so-so."

TBG
12-22-2002, 02:11 AM
They have one of Lee Ann and not Garth...something wrong there. I know they could never get him to sit still long enough to make the mold. Could you picture him trying to stay still for that ...
he'd be off the walls:)

MO:)

GottaB-GB
12-25-2002, 04:55 AM
lol Mo I can just see it now how funny. Garth don't figet....stand still Garth.....stop moving. lol how funny would that be. Wouldn't we all just love to have a wax stand up for our houses.

But then again, seriously, everytime I walk past that place in NYC those things kinda give me the creeps. There is something disturbing about how detailed they are....and they kinda remind me of like "night of the living dead" or something.

Shelley

redstrokes77
12-25-2002, 11:57 AM
i think they would need Garth's permission and we all know he's not into that sort of thing. I watched a show abot all the work they go into making on of these things and it's amazing. Everything form the pictures taken, to the molds, to the way they stick in each hair individually. I think they take quite a few months to make.

deb