PDA

View Full Version : "It wasn't His child"

Vanessa
12-16-2002, 11:53 PM
I've seen this song perfortmed by trisha on cmt.. I've only seen part of the video.. does anyone know where I can find the ltyrics to this song? It's beautiful!

It's describes how Joseph raises Jesus as a child even though Joseph knows He isn't his child.. very beautiful lyrics!! :D
Of course, this is my opinion :)

Vanessa :)

AngelTrisha9
12-17-2002, 01:46 AM
There you go:

He was her man, she was his wife
And late one winter night,
He knelt by her
As she gave birth
But it wasn't his child,
It wasn't his child

Yet still he took him as his own
And as he watched him grow,
It brought him joy
But it wasn't his child
It wasn't wis child

But like a father he was strong and kind and good
And I believe he did his best
It wasn't easy for him,
But he did all he could,
His son was different from the rest
It wasn't his child,
It wasn't his child

And when the boy became a man
He took his father's hand
And soon the world
Would all know why
It wasn't his child,
It wasn't his child

But like his Father he was strong and kind and goog
And I believe he did his best
It wasn't easy for him,
But he did all he could,
He grew up with his hands in wood
And he died with his hands in wood
He was God's child,
He sas God's child

He was her man, she was his wife
And late one night
He knelt by her
As she gave birth
But it wasn't his child,
It was God's child

Trisha's christmas album is filled with Amazing songs like this one and my personnal favorite Walk Through Bethlehem. I strongly suggest you add it to you record collection, it's AWESOME! :D

TammyLS
12-17-2002, 11:25 AM
Vanessa, you are right, that is an Awesome song, I Truly love the lyrics and melody,it has such amazing meaning, and Trisha singing it--WOW! I'm glad you had the chance to see her performing it on CMT! Her Christmas CD The Sweetest Gift is excellent, and I highly recommend it! Take a Walk Through Bethlehem and Sweet Little Jesus Boy are so amazing! Anyone not owning this cd Please Consider Buying it! You won't regret it!

Vanessa
12-17-2002, 03:33 PM
I gotta get this..wooohooo..thanks for the lyrics and music info! :D Watch out music stores!! ;)

AngelTrisha9
12-17-2002, 04:53 PM
And the title trach in itself is worth being the CD, I LOVE Beth singing with Trisha, I think it's so neat she sang harmonies on it. I LOVE it!

fuzzwuzz
12-18-2002, 02:23 AM
How many Christmas albums or songs did Trisha record? I have The Sweetest Gift that Diane gave me. That's all I knew of.

Vanessa
12-18-2002, 10:52 AM
Who's beth? :confused:

dale- thats a good question.. I dont know if it says anything on her site about how she's had out or not..

TammyLS
12-18-2002, 10:56 AM
Fuzzwuzz, Sweetest Gift is the Only Christmas cd Trisha has put out, however she has sang on others--Rosies Christmas Trisha sings a song, Santa on the Rooftops, which is AWESOME! She also sang on the Hallmark CD Home For the Holidays put out in 97 I believe, which is INCREDIBLE! I'm not sure if its on a cd, but Trisha sang The Greatest Gift with Kenny Rogers on tv a few years back and that song is so, soo good! And Don't forget to look for her on Garths Christmas cds...But again, Sweetest Gift is WORTH It A Million Times Over!

AngelTrisha9
12-18-2002, 02:38 PM
Beth is Trisha's sister. When Trisha was recording the Sweetest Gift, she decided to put the Sweetest Gift on it as a present to her parents and she talked Beth into recording it with her. Apparently, it wasn't easy to have Beth record the song cause she was real nervous! So they got it on tape and then Trisha sorta lied to her :D and said we got it on tape, sing it through one more time just for the heck of it. And Beth sang it real cool and Garth Fundis recorded that and that's the version they put on the album! Cool huh?

Teaser210
12-18-2002, 03:47 PM
When Trisha returns, I really hope she does another Christmas album. And on that album wouldn't it be awesome if Trisha did a Santa song with her neices and nephews, and maybe Garth's kids and Johnny's kids? Trisha's an Auntie many times over. That'd be real cool. Kids and babies and noise... just kicking around having fun... isn't that Christmas? Ok, Garth might just sing on it too...