PDA

View Full Version : Scarecrow commercial

Honeybunny31
12-16-2002, 10:32 AM
I saw 2 commercial's for Scarecrow on Espn on Saturday. I thought that had stopped promoting Garth. Anyone else seen more Ad's latly?

Just Wondering,

Lisa

Skywise
12-16-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Honeybunny31
I saw 2 commercial's for Scarecrow on Espn on Saturday. I thought that had stopped promoting Garth. Anyone else seen more Ad's latly?

Just Wondering,

Lisa

I've seen the same two that i've seen before, but that's about it- They must be wantin the exposure, etc. w/o the expense of making a new one (weren't there originally supposed to be three before Dr. Pepper "changed their mind"

ProducerJ
12-16-2002, 12:02 PM
Hey Lisa - are these commercials for the album, or for Dr. Pepper? I know the DP ones have still been running... could be they're making a holiday album push if they're the album ones.

Always good to have a GB sighting!
J.

Honeybunny31
12-16-2002, 12:10 PM
The two that I saw were for "Scarecrow". It also had the same scene
as the Dr. P commercial, but it was for "Scarecrow".

Maybe they are pushing for Christmas sales. I just haven't come across a "Scarecrow" one in SOOOOOOOOOOOOO long. It surprised me!! LOL

Take Care,

Lisa

gb*ty*girlie
12-16-2002, 02:37 PM
i just saw the dr. pepper commercial from the *wrapped up in you* video during the miami dolphins game yesterday...i almost tripped and fell trying to find the remote to turn up the tv and sing along!!! i was sooooo excited, b/c i haven't seen that commercial in about 6 months...it's funny that i came on the boards and found this thread, b/c i was about to post one about it myself...very :cool:!!! what a garthy coincidence!!!

kati~who's singing the dr. pepper song right now :)

PJ
12-16-2002, 03:52 PM
I have seen both DP commercials lately during college and NFL football games, but the DP commercials I saw yesterday included the original ending encouraging people to go out and buy Scarecrow - I assume part of a Christmas advertising campaign. It's the least DP could do for Garth since I'm sure they sold a lot more DP because of him. :)

Garth_FANtasizer
12-16-2002, 04:57 PM
Yep, I saw that yesterday too, PJ!

Too bad Capitol didn't see fit to promote it at all, especially to country radio. :rolleyes:

I hope when Garth (notice I said "when" :) ) comes back to us, he'll be recording for Steve Wariner's new label SelecTone Records!

~Ann~

GB2PinaColadas
12-17-2002, 08:32 PM
I keep seeing those commericals often now! I get all excited and smile, those always make me remind of last year's CMT Goes Garth and the three televised concerts on CBS..

PJ
12-17-2002, 09:12 PM
I just had to share as only you guys will appreciate this...

I had fallen asleep on the couch watching TV. The first DP commercial came on and I started singing along and tapping my foot while I was still asleep, or so I was told. ;)

Vanessa
12-18-2002, 09:48 AM
LOL PJ... thats like a Garth Nutt..always ready but not always awake! ;)

Vanessa :)

Paula
12-19-2002, 08:41 PM
PJ, I bet your hubby wished he had a tape recorder available.:)

Paula

PJ
12-19-2002, 10:00 PM
I'm glad he didn't. ;)

GottaB-GB
12-20-2002, 12:30 PM
I know the owner of this nice little pub here and on Sundays they have the football games on. They also have a Bartender whose real name is Garth.....very strange to hear people yelling "Garth" in this place sometimes. But there is nothing better than seeing Garth commercials on a HUGE wide screen TV that is for sure :) Lifesized Garth *sigh*....hey I'm off sunday I think I know where I should go to watch football :-D

Shelley

lis
12-21-2002, 10:32 AM
i just wanted to say............. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH we dont even get garths music videos here in england let alone his adverts!!!!!!!!! sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh