PDA

View Full Version : Stillwater vs. the others...

Vanessa
11-27-2002, 08:39 PM
I know that Ti McGraw just came out with a new cd that he did with his tour band, The Dancehall Doctors.. but that's besides the point ;)

Ok, my question is, if garth ever did a studio cd with Stillwater, do you think it would sound better than his previous cd's with his guys from Jack's Tracks and WHY??

Do you think it would have brought out another side of Garth that we haven't seen before and why??

Vanessa :)

Skywise
11-27-2002, 10:36 PM
don't know if it would bring out another side of Garth or not- i know that it would probably sound much the same as with the studio musicians, but there might be that little extra "flare"

Scott

ProducerJ
11-28-2002, 12:52 AM
Good question Vanessa! I think it would definately give it more of a live feel... probably less polished than the studio musicians, and a little more rowdy. ;)

I know Jimmy has played on some of his albums, have the others?
J.

Vanessa
11-29-2002, 01:14 AM
I'm not sure, J is there a way to find out?

jstensig
11-29-2002, 07:38 AM
I think it'd be worse than the regular albums. Stillwater isn't nowhere near the same league as his great studio musicians IMO.

Jakob

Garth2Gaines
11-29-2002, 04:55 PM
I'm not too sure if it would be better or worse. This subject reminds me of the story behind the 'it's your song'. They cut it in the studio, then he played it on the road with Stillwater, liked how they played it better. Garth went in and had the studio band recorded it as the road band played it...

dwayne

Vanessa
11-30-2002, 10:35 PM
I agree Dwanye :) very well said..

I think that even tho they are two different types of musicians in the same genre I dont think that being an on tour band or not makes one better than the other..