PDA

View Full Version : ~Let's Talk About Garth and

countyfair_85
11-19-2002, 03:36 PM
let's talk about Garth and some of the things he has said???
anyone willing to?

GARTH WAS ASKED, "IF YOU COULD TRADE YOUR MUSIC CARREER AND
BECOME A GREAT BASEBALL PLAYER, WOULD YOU MAKE THAT DEAL? "WITHOUT
HESITATION BROOKS SAID,"NO, NOT AT ALL. NO OFFENSE TO THE GUYS THAT
SWING THE BAT, BUT THE SWORD THAT MUSIC GIVES YOU TO ACTUALLY GO OUT
THERE AND DO STUFF FOR GOOD AND ACTUALLY CHANGE PEOPLE'S LIVES WITH A
MESSAGE. WHEN YOU GET THREE MINUTES IN FRONT OF THE NATION...I DON'T
THINK YOU CAN ASK FOR A GREATER GIFT THAN THAT. IF YOUR TRYING TO PUT
ACROSS THE IDEA THAT GOD EXISTS OR TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, THOSE THINGS
ARE PRICELESS." ~GARTH BROOKS~
countrystars.com

I always found this quote of Garth's interesting...
He is so firm about sticking with that sword that the music gives (as he
says) you know...to get messages out there to change people's lives...

I think it's wonderful how he gave up something he loved to do something
even greater...that may not have been his other option...

and as I quoted in bold the part about getting the idea across that God
exists (priceless) ...
He has accomplished that in many lives I believe...

I know his messages have reached my heart...
what about yours?

I'm glad he's swinging that sword!

-Diane

GB2PinaColadas
11-19-2002, 04:53 PM
Let's see.. there are so many, but I'll chose this quote - " THINK SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA PUT YOURSELF TO THE TEST. YOU'VE GOTTA GET IN WATERS WHERE YOU KNOW IT'S NOT A SURE WIN, CAUSE' THAT'S WHERE SOME OF THE MOST BRUTAL LOSE'S COME AND IT REALLY HURTS BUT THE WIN'S ARE EVEN BETTER OUT THERE AND THAT'S WHAT I SAY TO ANYBODY OUT THERE. DON'T PLAY IT SAFE, HANG IT OUT THERE ON THE EDGE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS."

Now that quote is *SO* true.. if you don't push yourself to do something, then you won't know what would happen.. but if you do push yourself to what you want to do, then you'll see things happen! anybody agree? - Rachel

fuzzwuzz
11-20-2002, 12:06 AM
Agreed Rachel. In fact, I SECOND everything Garth said, as to why I even come here to PG. After catching on to his message in his three minutes with me in the ring, it's my turn to swing. I ain't about to ever play it safe again. This is what Garth always wanted his messages to do. With me, it really hit home. I will NEVER go back to my comfort zone and sit life out on the sidelines ever again. Yeah. The punches are brutal but the stakes are too high to quit now. Thanks for the view Garth! :)

Snow
11-20-2002, 06:00 AM
This is one of my favorite Garth quotes. Sounds like it came right out of a Bruce Lee movie. :)
The greatest conflicts are not between two people but between one person and himself.

Vanessa
11-20-2002, 12:26 PM
I think that all of these qoutes can and will affect each person differently depending upon how they view it..

I dont know if this qoute also goes along with what you're talking about Diane, but I hope it does :)

"YOUR SONGS ARE YOUR SWORDS, YOUR POWER. IT'S AMAZING THE SIZE OF THE SWORD YOU CARRY. I'M LOOKING FOR BELIEFS THAT NEED TO BE STATED IN THIS DAY AND TIME. I TRY TO LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT THEY AREN'T WORKING FOR NOTHING, THAT WHAT THEY SEE WHEN THEY CLOSE THEIR EYES AT NIGHT DOESN'T ALWAYS HAVE TO BE A DREAM."-GARTH BROOKS-

I think that you also can't sit on the sidelines and watch life pass you by! You gotta get out there and stand up for what you believe in and also have fun and take chances!

Vanessa :)

fuzzwuzz
11-21-2002, 01:32 AM
You nailed it Deb. I'm gonna try and focus on what's within rather than what's without and not in my control anyway. I come in peace. Love you guys always. That's what comes first. :)

I'M LOOKING FOR BELIEFS THAT NEED TO BE STATED IN THIS DAY AND TIME.I repeat that line for the benefit of us all, that we don't need to be afraid to be real about what we believe. According to Garth, it needs to come out of hiding because it's part of who we are. Think CG's fan in Unsigned Letter, if that helps. He seems firm that now is the time to say what needs to be said rather than arguing over different beliefs to the point we are at each others throats. We aren't allowed to state how we feel at PG, as if it's wrong to even go there. I hope someday we can find a way to see "We Shall Be Free" as reality. I hope and pray for peace like everybody else who is a Believer. :)

Vanessa, isn't it amazing the things Garth says? But you know what really baffles my mind? It's how he got his message to go straight to my heart, like an arrow hitting the target. Remember that cartoon with Crazy Kat and Ignatz, that mouse that was forever throwing bricks at her to go away but she only loved him more with each knock in the head? She had all those stars in her eyes. :) I can only imagine what more the music can do when it's really sent with true love, straight to the heart of the fans, like Garth has done it for us over and over again. If I get severly down at times here, maybe it's because I don't want to see that fire he ignited in each and everyone of us die In Another's Eyes before it has a chance to fully bring us to bigger potential he sees in us as the human race.

Hawk7lte
11-22-2002, 12:37 PM
Another true event linked to a Garth presence/experience. Once I was looking up at a beautiful copper statue on a warm, windless day in Oklahoma. My thoughts were of peace and beauty, and of grief as I admired the statue, then a thought surfaced in my mind to look up at the sun behind a large cloud.

As I watched the clouds parted in the middle as though cut by a sword. They parted with one part of the cloud floating to the right - another to the left. And the sun came shining through.

And I thought clouds don't just part like that. What a message!

"It isn't the messenger that matters - it's the message"
Garth Brooks

Hawk

fuzzwuzz
11-22-2002, 11:54 PM
Hawk, I search the clouds in the sky everyday for messages. I saw Garth doing this too more than a few times on the Mets field.

Just the other day, I saw two layers of clouds moving quickly but in totally opposite directions, as if they needed to be separated so they can get where they had to go. I thought of PG. And the people of the world, how I long for us to all be living together as one instead. You can't see the wind of course, but you sure can see the effects and wonder as to why. And, I figured, as long as I am indeed moving forward in what my heart tells me is the right direction, then I can't worry about others who are seemingly going the wrong way in traffic. I can only worry about what's in my lane.

Thanks for sharing your Garth moment Hawk. You helped draw out and let me relive mine. :)