PDA

View Full Version : Faith Hill Snaps

Honeybunny31
11-13-2002, 09:30 PM
"Why would you ask me that?!" Faith Hill snaps

Hi all,

Did anyone read the interview with Faith Hill in "Jane Magazine"???

Unbelievable!!!!

Writer Katy Mccoll asked her all kinds of "Never asked before" questions.

Faith was totally blind sided here!!

Let me know if anyone read it.

Take Care,

Lisa

ProducerJ
11-13-2002, 09:42 PM
I have read ABOUT the interview (that either the interviewer ignored all the conditions for getting the interview or Faith's publicist didn't do her job very well, which I doubt.)

I don't know of Jane magazine - is it online?
J.

Honeybunny31
11-13-2002, 10:00 PM
I cant find the interview over there, but here is the link to the board...

http://www.janemag.com/Boards/index.cfm?fuseaction=listings&CFB=1&forum=3

If it was the pubicist is bet they no longer are employed...

Take Care,

Lisa

Lowell Miller
11-13-2002, 11:50 PM
Well ... I've heard the stories about Faiths past. It seems to be a touchy subject with her. From what I found of the article the questions did seem extreme. (well...I just read people quote the article in the above link)

fuzzwuzz
11-14-2002, 01:18 AM
Before I go over there what kind of questions are we talking about?

Paula
11-14-2002, 09:01 AM
This was in Brad Schmitt's column in yesterday's Tennesseean -
It's a battle of one-names: 'Jane' vs. Faith

If you're looking for the ultimately uncomfortable interview with Faith Hill, buy the recent edition of Jane magazine (the one with Faith on the cover).

The magazine's reporter, Katy McColl, goes there, girlfriends.

She asks Faith all the questions that have been whispered along Music Row for years. Unfortunately, the magazine and the reporter take a smarmy self-congratulatory tone that leaves you feeling creepy when you're through reading the story. The headline on the magazine cover: '' 'Why would you ask me that?!' Faith Hill snaps.''

The reporter asks Faith whether she slept with her first serious (high school) boyfriend; refers to ''overlap'' with her one-time fiance, producer Scott Hendricks, and her current hubby, Tim McGraw; and even asks about a rumor of a romantic liaison between Faith and Alan Jackson.

''God, you're asking me a rumor? Then you should ask about everybody else,'' Faith answers. ''JFK Jr., David Letterman. Jeez, if you're gonna ask … that's crazy.''

You know, you read this garbage, shake your head and think to yourself: David Letterman? Really???Paula

Carol Ann
11-14-2002, 10:52 AM
When Brad Schmitt from the Tennesseean mentions the things about Faith that have been whispered about on music row for years, am I right in assuming that Faith doesn't have the lilly white persona we are led to believe she has? I mean, we all know that she was engaged to her producer when she met Tim and that she was pregnant when her and Tim got married but is there more truth to this article than would first appear and is it just the way the article was done that is offending people? I've never read Jane magazine so I don't know what their style is. I wonder if Faith has ever read Jane magazine and knew what type of interviews their reporters apparently do? Faith was in Canada recently promoting Cry and I watched her being interviewed and I have to say I didn't find her answers very intelligent, just my opinion.

Carol Ann

FarfaNougan
11-14-2002, 11:35 AM
Then Jane Magazine needs to interview Trisha.

andie
11-14-2002, 02:26 PM
I was in WalMart and saw the magazine and read the article I wouldn't buy it cause to me it was no better than a tabloid.The magazine had at least one 4 letterword in it that began with F and the reporter was a in your face kind of person and then acted surprised that Faith was upset.She started out saying that she laughs at other reporters questions that they ask her.The reporter made fun of her for being a cheerleader and came right out and asked if AJ was in love with her .In the end she just as well have called her a B****.Something about her facade cracking.
Well I am in no way a Faith fan I like some of her music but not a huge fan ,but I think she was put in a bad position.

fuzzwuzz
11-14-2002, 03:16 PM
I think I know how Faith must feel sometimes. Some people seem to get their jollies out of trying to make other people look like s*** in public. I think I'll pass on this magazine. Thanks for the warning.

bethany
11-14-2002, 04:17 PM
That "Rag" should be put out of business! And that reporter needs to get a life of her own!

Bethany

Honeybunny31
11-15-2002, 06:02 PM
FarfaNougan, I with you. That would be a interesting one!!!

Take Care,

Lisa

Carol Ann
11-18-2002, 07:50 AM
I think Trisha would be able to handle Jane magazine just fine without any problems. First off, I find Trisha to be very intelligent and after the barage of questions she went through this past summer while she was on tour with respect to her relationship with Garth and the way she handled every interview with class and intelligence, I don't think there would be much that would rattle her. Also, I think her approach, as we saw this summer, was honesty is the best policy because if people think you are trying to hide something they will dig and dig until they find it.

Carol Ann

ProducerJ
11-22-2002, 01:55 PM
From today's Brad About You:

Faith couldn't get out of that car fast enough

Faith Hill said yesterday she was indeed uncomfortable with the interview that led to a rather confrontational cover article in Jane magazine.

''I knew it was an edgy magazine,'' she said during a teleconference to promote her Thanksgiving Day NBC special, to be shown locally at 8 p.m. on Channel 4. ''... You gotta take the good with the bad. If I'm gonna put myself out there with a magazine that's not Redbook, then I've got to expect it.''

Here comes the ''but''…

''There's a line that's tasteless,'' Faith says.

The reporter asks Faith whether she slept with her first serious (high school) boyfriend; refers to ''overlap'' with her one-time fiancé, producer Scott Hendricks, and her current hubby, Tim McGraw; and even asks about a rumor of a romantic liaison between Faith and another artist.

''When the interview started I knew the direction …'' Faith said. ''… Some things are nobody's business. I happen to be in a car with her, and it was kind of hard to stop doing the interview with her.''

Faith also indicated that the Jane reporter, Katy McColl, didn't include some of her more obnoxious questions in the story, including one about possible sexual meanings for the lyrics of Way You Love Me.

''There are things she asked me that weren't in the article that were repulsive.''

A message for the Jane reporter, also the magazine's senior associate editor, went unanswered yesterday.

Honeybunny31
11-22-2002, 03:52 PM
Thank for Brad's update J.

Tasteless is a good word for it.

Take Care All,

Lisa

BLL
11-22-2002, 09:53 PM
There was a well written article linked on countrynation.com the other day speaking about the dumbing down of country music; I think this is a direct reflection of our society. No only has it been 'dumbed' to the lowest common denominator, we have also allowed ourselves to be duped into rudeness as 'journalistic investigation'.

I'm not a huge Faith fan, but good for her. It's her private life, no on else has to answer for her life.

fuzzwuzz
11-22-2002, 11:35 PM
I was in the store just yesterday and spied this very issue with Faith, and though I found myself picking it up and flipping through the pages, I thought better of it and put it back where it "belongs" on the rack. If we don't buy this stuff, they just might stop selling us onto crap that nobody really needs. Music means much more to me. And so does the people like Faith who make it. It sounds like she's surviving this ordeal with some real spunk and class. Now THAT'S what I want to hear. :)