PDA

View Full Version : Tim McGraw NEWS!!! YEA!!!

missraiders
11-11-2002, 10:54 PM
Okay as you all probably know Tim McGraw is comming out with a new album on November 26th! Make sure you go to your local stores and pick up a copy for yourself!! and also that very same day Tim McGraw's very 1st self written book is comming out!! He will also have his own TV special on November 27th! And, his wife country superstar Faith Hill McGraw will be appeared on it!! and then she has her own the following day!!!

TrishaNGarthFan
11-11-2002, 11:12 PM
No offense intended....

I feel like I just watched (or read) a commercial promoting Tim McGraw! hehe

I like him alright. But not enough to buy his album or join his fan club (or team).

Thanks anyway for the news,
--Sue

missraiders
11-12-2002, 02:32 AM
that's okay! But, i have heard 5 of his new songs and they are great! you should listen to ur radio staion they should be previewing them. This is his best yet! maybe hearing this on ur station can make you think twice! :)

allisonv7
11-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Is this the biographical book or the book about life on the road? I know a few months ago he mentioned he was working on two and they would both be out in November, is seems only one is being released though. Does anyone know which one it is?

THanks,

allison.

missraiders
11-13-2002, 12:20 AM
I got this from Tim's site!

The book, "Tim McGraw & The Dancehall Doctors: This Is Ours," is the first of a two-book deal with Atria/Simon & Schuster and chronicles the making of the album. McGraw says, "we wanted fans to be able to really experience the making of the record and the book gives them an inside look at what happened in the studio as the band and I were recording and also our life on the road over the last nine, ten years. It's (the book) an extension of the CD jacket."

The second book will be a book on fatherhood and life with his wife!! do out sometime 2003!

Darrell
11-14-2002, 09:43 PM
Regarding the NBC Special......Yours truly will be front and center :) I'll be the tall guy with the khaky colored U of A hat :)

ProducerJ
11-15-2002, 12:08 AM
Hey Darrell - since you were there - is Faith really on the special? i was pretty sure I'd heard she wasn't.

J.

Vanessa
11-15-2002, 12:51 AM
J-I heard that she has her own tv specail on ..'bout when tim's is but I'm not sure.. I heard this from the radio..

hope this helps!

Vanessa :)

Darrell
11-15-2002, 08:19 AM
Faith does not appear on the special per say. She was at the CW Earl Cotton Gin. (We saw her and Tim ride into town on his harley). However if you read some of the press releases on the special it says something about behind the scenes footage of his last nine years of touring. Thus that would include the spontaneous combustion tour and Soul to soul tour which Faith was on with him. So I guess technically she is on the show via earlier footage.

ProducerJ
11-15-2002, 10:06 AM
Thanks Darrell for explaning that. That should be some good footage to look forward to!

J.

fuzzwuzz
11-18-2002, 10:27 PM
http://www.billboard.com/billboard/feature/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1762879

ProducerJ
11-19-2002, 01:05 AM
Very cool :) I've never met the Dancehall Doctors before - nor did I know their name came from a Conway Twitty song!

The "new" doctor has been there 7 years. It's pretty neat the way he's kept the same guys around him for so long. I read something on him recently where he said - it's pretty hard to pull a star trip on a guy who knew you when you had to borrow money from them.

Reading the other article on Tim (linked to Dale's link above) I think maybe Tim is a little underrated!

Since debuting in June 1992, he has amassed 28 top-10 country singles, including 17 No. 1 hits.

That's a lot of hits! I had no idea he had that many.

I heard Tiny Dancer on the radio here the other day. I don't know it as an Elton John song, but boy... to hear it you sure know it's an Elton John song, don't you?

J.