PDA

View Full Version : The Dixie Chicks revealed, on E!

fuzzwuzz
11-10-2002, 01:53 AM
I'm sorry. I lost the link to this whole thing I had saved and I'll try and search tomorrow for those wanting to read the whole thing. I think I want to see this show and ask a few questions later these quotes raised for me.
Airs: Nov. 13, 10 p.m.; Nov. 16, 10 a.m., 7 p.m.; Nov. 17, 9 a.m.

From Street Singing to a Home Run, These Chicks Now Rule the Roost

On why Home is an apt title for their new album:
Emily: We're all very much nesting right now. We're happy in our marriages, and Natalie had a baby last year, and you know I'm with child, so it's very...I don't know, I think it represents a lot of different things for us.

On how the Chicks were hatched:
Martie: [In the late 1980s, before Natalie Maines joined the group], [w]e were playing on the street corner...and people were asking us what our band was, and we didn't have a band name. So, we were on our way down to the street corner one night and that Little Feat song ['Dixie Chickens'] came on the radio. And we thought, wow, we'll be the Dixie Chickens. That'd be a cute, catchy name.

On why it's okay to call the Chicks, well, "chicks":
Natalie: Anybody can call us chicks. Everyone can say chick now. It's okay. We prefer it. We walk around and people say, 'There's the Dixie Girls.' And I turn around and say, 'Chicks.'

diem nash
11-10-2002, 10:43 AM
Dale, thatīs a sweet article!

Thanks for sharing!

:D

Maddy :D

fuzzwuzz
11-10-2002, 11:45 PM
http://www.eonline.com/On/Revealed/Shows/DixieChicks/index.html

My question was, what is this song "Dixie Chickens" and is it any relation to Garth's song "Dixie Chicken", or the "dancing chicken" referred to in George Strait's Pure Country ? I mean, just what is a Dixie Chicken or a Tennessee Lamb? I'm lost.

DixieChick4GB
11-11-2002, 10:09 AM
"Dixie Chickens" should have read "Dixie Chicken." That Little Feat song is the same one Garth covered on The Chase.

As far as the definition of a Dixie Chicken or a Tennessee Lamb, I have no idea. I was raised in Los Angeles. :)

Elaine

fuzzwuzz
11-12-2002, 12:09 AM
You're funny Elaine! :)

So, Garth's "Dixie Chicken" is actually a remake of a Little Feat song? But Dixie Chicks are named after their version, not Garth's? Anybody got a link to a listen of it?

In the meantime, I can't seem to get out of my head the Chick's version of this Fleetwood Mac remake:

Landslide

I took my love and I took it down
I climbed a mountain and I turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well the landslide brought me down

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail thru the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life

Well, I've been afraid of changing 'cause I built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I'm getting older too
Well...

Well, I've been afraid of changing 'cause I built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I'm getting older, too
Well I'm getting older too

So, take this love and take it down
Year and if you climb a mountain and ya turn around
And if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well the landslide brought me down
And if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well maybe
Well maybe
Well maybe the landslide will bring you down

"So take this love and take it down..." :)

Teaser210
11-12-2002, 03:18 AM
I love the song Landslide, and I like the Dixie Chicks bluegrass version of Landslide, but I'd much prefer watching either Stevie Nicks or Trisha perform it.

ProducerJ
11-13-2002, 11:24 AM
Cool! I'm going to try to catch this tonight. VH1 is also doing something on the Chicks... I can't remember what it was called, anyone seen the promos for that, or when it airs?
J.

GBheartandsoul
11-13-2002, 02:08 PM
Joyce, I saw a promo this morning on Vh1. The show is called "Driven". I don't remember a specific airtime, but I believe it's coming up soon. I'll check the website.

Seira:)

GBheartandsoul
11-13-2002, 02:41 PM
Okay, this is according to rockontv.com:

"Driven" with The Dixie Chicks on VH1

11/19/02
12:00pm et
9:00pm et
11:00pm et

11/20/02
10:00pm et

It should be good. On the "Driven" shows friends and family of an artist talk about how that artist got to where they are and as the name suggests what drove them. I've seen other episodes and it's interesting to hear from those people who are so close to these artists.

I'll try to check out the Revealed show too.

Seira:)

ProducerJ
11-13-2002, 07:32 PM
Yes! That's it! :) Thanks.

Also - Emily became a Momma Chick, yesterday I think. A boy - Charles.....
J.

fuzzwuzz
11-14-2002, 01:04 AM
thanks Seira! That Driven series is great! I'm gonna try and catch it. And I watched bits and pieces of Revealed tonight as I taped it and helped my son with his homework. I caught the section where the three girls talked about how they make their decisions as a group with their hands in every detail. It was said it's like the three are really one. That reminds me of "Faith, Hope, and Love" and how a three-strand cord cannot easily be broken. They sure proved that!! :)

ProducerJ
11-14-2002, 09:20 AM
Gosh golly, I only managed to catch the last 10 or 15 minutes last night. I'll have to watch for a repeat.

I thought the editing was really choppy in what I saw, and that HOST... who is she? The interview seemed SO stiff!

Do y'all have a favorite Chick? I like Martie. :)
J.

DixieChick4GB
11-14-2002, 09:56 AM
Emily is my favorite but I love them all. I bet Gus is precious. She'll be a great mom.

Elaine