PDA

View Full Version : ~Trisha's Scripture Reference on her albums

countyfair_85
11-05-2002, 10:48 PM
Since I don't have all of Trisha's cd's yet...
I was wondering if anyone that does... would know each
passage of the Bible she mentions within the liner jackets...
I know she lists a Scripture reference on every album...
Could someone post them?
I want to look them up to see what she thought was important
in the Bible by mentioning them in the first place.

Thanks alot!
Diane

Wsitarski
11-06-2002, 10:13 AM
Trisha Yearwood-JAMES 1:17
Hearts In Armor-Proverbs 4:23
The Songs Remembers When-Psalm 13:6
Thinkin' About You-Psalm 143:10
Everybody Knows-Romans 8:28
Songbook- Could not find one
Where Your Road Leads-Proverbs 3:6
Real Live Women-Zephaniah 3:17
Inside Out-Ephesians 1:17
The Sweetest Gift- Could not find one

Hope this helps.

Wendy

fuzzwuzz
11-06-2002, 02:07 PM
Wendy, Wow! Proverbs 3:6 fits in so well with Where Your Road Leads ! I know I'm following it. The Real Live Woman reference is one I have on my computer and instantly brings me to mind of CG and the part of him that makes me feel "real." Cool! And although there's none you found on Trisha's Christmas cd I'll bet there's lots of "scripture" in the songs on that one. :) I think I have that cd in my locker at work. Diane was the one who gave it to me! I'll have to check it out more throughly. :) Thanks's for sending me on my own little adventure Diane. I'll don't know all Trisha's music though. But I assume I might get a better idea of where she's coming from just from that list. If you find anything interesting to share with us that might benefit us all please do!

Carol Ann
11-06-2002, 02:14 PM
Fuzzwuzz, I too was curious about the scripture references on each of Trisha's CD's and I looked each one up just to see what the verse she chose said. I agree totally with you when you make the comment about the verse for Where Your Road Leads and I think you'll find as you go along that the verses she chose along the way in making each of her CD's really has a personal message in there for her and also gives us a idea of where her thoughts were and what she was going through mentally in her life at that time. I think with everything Trisha does, there is a message in her words if you care to look a little deeper than just the surface meaning. Kind of makes you think of another artist we all know and love.

Carol Ann

TammyLS
11-07-2002, 09:50 AM
ahhh, I LOVE the scriptures Trisha uses in her cd jackets! She said in several interviews that she always wanted to put her belief and feeling into her music but that everyone was doing the scripture thing, so to be different-yet still Include them she just put the verses down-that way if People were Interested they would Look it up if not--they didn't. She even has her Sister help her with the verses, she'll call her and say she wants to convey this message and the two of them will find what fits best. I think thats so cool! IF you want to see all the verses per album without looking them up you can find them on my webpage on the album talk section....I hope you Enjoy them!
http://www.geocities.com/trisha_now/

Tammy

countyfair_85
11-09-2002, 11:43 PM
Thank you Wendy for posting them for me!
It did help! :)

Carol Ann...I'd have to agree that Trisha makes you think of another artist we know and love! Garth! lol

Tammy... thanks for the link

Dale...your right...I did send you 'The Sweetest Gift' for Christmas one year... wasn't it?
I love that song "Take A Walk Through Bethlehem"
Trisha sings it so beautiful! :)

"Take a walk through Bethlehem, come kneel before the Lamb,
good news for every man, walk through Bethlehem..."

-Diane

fuzzwuzz
11-10-2002, 01:28 AM
You know what Diane? I do believe I've been there many a time. It's like a feeling of Christmas like Garth says about Santa Claus. :)